Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Activate Fruiting?
    #10350331 - 05/16/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Right now, I am currently colonizing four 8-oz. half-pin jars of Mex. var. P. Cubenis with Wheat berries (a grain). The reason why I'm using half-pint jars and not full pint or quart jars is because I own a small Mirro 4-quart Pressure Cooker, and that's all it can fit (mostly). The jars are colonizing very fast ! So much faster than the PF-Tek, its incredible! Its Magic! All of them are about

So this is my plan: Take a half-pint colonized jars, add 50/50+ casing on top the colonized wheat berries still in the jar, wait for it to colonize the casing for about 1 week, then put the jars into the FC and fruit directly from the jars.

>>> Do you think this will work, or is this less than the minimum amount of grain substrate to fruit P. Cubenis? Is there such thing as a "minimum" amount of substrate for mycelium to "want" to pin then fruit?

My alternative plan is: take, say 2 half-pint jars, combine them into one dish/tray, and then case it, wait 1 week and then put it in the FC. I've also considered spawning it to some bag-grade manure, since I have a huge 10 pound bag of it still.

Which of these do you think is a good idea? Any better alternatives considering my current supply of mycelium growing.

One more question: how often should I shake the jars? I've shaken them already twice since May 3, is that too little/much?

Thanks for any advice,
~ Lo9icaL Cha0s ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (05/16/09 09:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Fruit? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10350354 - 05/16/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I've also considered spawning it to some bag-grade manure, since I have a huge 10 pound bag of it still.

Which of these do you think is a good idea? Any better alternatives considering my current supply of mycelium growing.

One more question: how often should I shake the jars? I've shaken them already twice since May 3, is that too little/much?

Thanks for any advice,
~ Lo9icaL Cha0s ~

spawning the shit is your best bet.  STOP SHAKING YOUR JARS!  You don't need to shake your jars when they are colonizing, it just slows them down.

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Fruit? [Re: george castanza]
    #10350466 - 05/16/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

if I t were me I would go this route you were considering

Quote:

My alternative plan is: take, say 2 half-pint jars, combine them into one dish/tray, and then case it, wait 1 week and then put it in the FC.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Fruit? [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #10350494 - 05/16/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Alternative for you creating more spawn is the obvouis.
Bigger PC, bigger jars.
The other guys pointed out shaking that much is not needed. Espically with the little jars you have. I wouldnt even shake them. Myc needs time to recover after shaking. When you step up to quart jars or pint jars with grain. Shake at 25%  then again at 60%. Half the time I dont even shake my quart jars, let them colonize on there own. Some people r just in a big rush. :grin:

Review bulk trays. When you mix those jars up with some bulk, its not going to be a huge tray. Thats just not hardly any spawn. But if you do everything correctly with a casing, it will be productive.

--------------------

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Activate Fruiting? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10350497 - 05/16/09 10:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

but wait... you are saying nothing about substrate you want to spawn to..

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: What's the Minimum Amount of Grain Substrate to Fruit? [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #10350503 - 05/16/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You can fruit a half pint jar by casing and get a few fruits for spore prints.
Not really enough for eating. You need to consider bulk methods.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder