Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Ayahuasca... many questions...
    #10349351 - 05/16/09 04:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

First of all, Im posting this under the Psychedelic Experience, because i dont really know where else to put it, and i feel like it will get views here...

Ok, I have a natural drawing/connection to the Amazon, for reasons i wont go into, but i recently (a few months ago) started reading about Ayahuasca, and decided that (i think) i would love to make some, as authentic as possible, hopefully late this summer (when i have my own house)... but cooking comes with questions...

1) Is it safe (legal) to purchase kits off the internet? If not, will anyone really care? In other words, will I get in any real trouble buying banisteriopsis caapi, and authentic amazonian MAOIs... and do these work? Does anyone have experience doing this?

2) I have not researched this very much, but i wouldnt mind growing my own... is this too time consuming or difficult...? What would i be getting myself into?

3) Head shops... while i have been in quite a few, i have never purchased anything illegal from them, nor really "talked" to any of the workers... Now i dont want to get in any trouble with the Shoomery bigwigs, but how do these work? I have a friend who managed to get nice salvia from one down the road, so what are the chances of them having Ayahuasca? Again, if this is against forum rules regarding pricing or anything, just dont bother answering... but as much info as any of you are willing to give, i am willing to read...

4) From Erowid, i have learned that one part of authentic Ayahuasca is the purging process, and while Im all for the "real" experience... something about this isn't very appealing... what do you think? does this happen? should i just go through with it, and enjoy it as a healing process? or...

5) Should i simply just smoke DMT?... how similar are these two experiences? I seem to like the idea of it lasting a long time, especially if i have to put a lot of work into it... so i feel like ingesting it would be more ideal... is there another way for me to "eat" DMT and a MAOI? If i were to do something like this, would MAOI anti depressants work for this? do MAOIs bring out the properties of other entheogenic drugs? 

6) Should i just search for a dealer? Have any of you come across a Ayahuasca dealer? It seems to me that these types of people might be... unreliable, because many of them IMO seem like they just want to get fxxked up, whereas i would like the "spiritual" experience...

I understand a lot of answers to these questions are going to vary from person to person, and thats all i really want to hear, some opinions.
Thanks for any reply!

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegurknel
GuRkNeL

Re: Ayahuasca... many questions... [Re: ovechkin57]
    #10349374 - 05/16/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1) Yes, it's legal, consumption, a whole different story.
2) You would have to grow several different plants, it would be time consuming.
3) They will probably not have Ayahuasca, it's a head shop, not the local shaman hut lol.
4) Would probably depend on your body and what type of Ayahuasca you make.
5) Why don't you just try both and find out, and yes, many people use MAOI's like Syrian Rue to boost other highs.
6)Lol this is America, not Peru. You won't find people brewing Ayahuasca out on the streets, do it yourself.

--------------------
:cheech: :chong: :flyhigh: :lsd: :jah:

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca... many questions... [Re: gurknel]
    #10349388 - 05/16/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Haha!
Thanks for the quick reply...
I think your most solid point was on 5 (why not just try both?)
thats pretty much the best advice i have ever heard... lol.
Thanks...

Too bad i dont know of any local shaman huts in the midwest, or to bad I dont have the money to fly to Peru/Brazil anytime soon... Someday for sure tho... Anyone want to come with? haha....

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#10349393 - 05/16/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You can order MHRB and Syrian rue online, as well the aya vine, I would suggest against kits due to legal problems, just get the ingredients and make it yourself.

Growing your own might be a problem.

There is really no getting around the purging,
While this may sound terrible allow me to explain something.
Ayahausca is not fun, at all, in fact it is a rather miserable experience, although it is also one of the most important experiences I have ever had.

Smoking DMT is NOTHING like drinking ayahausca.
While it is really special it lacks the depth that the aya experience has IME.

I highly recommend an ayhausca brew, just understand, you must fast, and you will almost definitely not have "fun".

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10349397 - 05/16/09 04:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

go to www.ayahuasca.com, it is a far better place to learn about ayahuasca.
http://forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/ ; <---thats the forums, thats really where you want to go

you will see that ayahuasca is a serious affair that deserves respect and demands discipline. For one, there are precautions you must take with you diet.

about the purging process... if this doesn't sound appealing to you, you might not be ready for ayahuasca. The "purging" is getting some of your "sickness" out, whether it be physical, spiritual, or mental.

read "primer to shamanism" from the shamanism section of that forum, and the safety guide to the solo drinker, and as many other of the "sticky" posts found at the top of each section.

I could go on forever, but the biggest thing you need to know is that ayhuasca is about discipline, in various ways. The spiritual experience of ayahuasca is far from that of mushrooms and other hallucinogens, and demands much more respect. Not because I have some protective respect for it, but because YOU will find yourself in a horrible situation if you dont. 
Even sexual abstinence plays a humongous role in working with ayahuasca. Ayahuasca teaches about the subtleties of energies like that and of food. You might still get some visuals or something, but that is nothing in comparison...

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle

Re: Ayahuasca... many questions... [Re: the bizzle]
    #10349409 - 05/16/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

WARNING: There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the MAOI effect of pharmaceutical drugs and the caapi vine/syrian rue.  You better do some more research before you don't know what you're getting yourself into.

There is a reason people go to the amazon to experience ayahuasca with shamans who know what they are doing as opposed to just ordering some. This is not some hocus pocus, either. Ayahuasca sessions in the amazon usually consist of several days of drinking it, as at first the main focus is to simply get all the blackness/garbage you have inside of you out, before you are even RECEPTIVE to true healing

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#10349440 - 05/16/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ya good to mention.

Harmaline and harmine both have psychedelic effects that really add to the experience.

Dont use phars either use rue or aya it wont be the same without.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

#10349482 - 05/16/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This all sounds like what i want to experience, but i just dont know how to go about doing everything right... thanks for pointing me in the right directions, (with the websites, and the info), I really am worried that i will mess something up...

Quote:

You can order MHRB and Syrian rue online, as well the aya vine, I would suggest against kits due to legal problems, just get the ingredients and make it yourself.

I like this idea, so i will probably do something like this... it sounds exciting (for lack of better words).

Quote:

There is really no getting around the purging,
While this may sound terrible allow me to explain something.
Ayahausca is not fun, at all, in fact it is a rather miserable experience, although it is also one of the most important experiences I have ever had.

I am fine with this, and the more i read, the more i think i am going to understand this process better when i am going through it. I really WANT to relate to what your saying, and i dont know if that is enough, but i feel like it is a good start. I hope to have a profound experience that is potentially eye opening, and with healing obviously being a part of that, it is fine with me. Im glad to hear that you still recommend it, after not having fun, it makes me feel like this is the type of drug i am looking for...

Quote:

I could go on forever, but the biggest thing you need to know is that ayhuasca is about discipline, in various ways. The spiritual experience of ayahuasca is far from that of mushrooms and other hallucinogens, and demands much more respect. Not because I have some protective respect for it, but because YOU will find yourself in a horrible situation if you dont. 
Even sexual abstinence plays a humongous role in working with ayahuasca. Ayahuasca teaches about the subtleties of energies like that and of food. You might still get some visuals or something, but that is nothing in comparison...

I will do everything in my power to prepare for this, including multiple days of meditation and relaxation after many months of reading (and perhaps sexual abstinence and fasting [EDIT: Actually, i probably wont be fasting for months...] ) ... Do you have any more websites where i can find more information? or should i just ask this on the Ayahuasca forums...? I want to respect this and i feel like in order to do so, i need to know so much more about it. Can someone maybe elaborate on this "horrible situation...".... thanks...

Quote:

WARNING: There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the MAOI effect of pharmaceutical drugs and the caapi vine/syrian rue.  You better do some more research before you don't know what you're getting yourself into.

There is a reason people go to the amazon to experience ayahuasca with shamans who know what they are doing as opposed to just ordering some. This is not some hocus pocus, either. Ayahuasca sessions in the amazon usually consist of several days of drinking it, as at first the main focus is to simply get all the blackness/garbage you have inside of you out, before you are even RECEPTIVE to true healing

Like i said, i will do all the research i can, especially regarding the MAOIs... and also, within the next couple years, I am going to be flying into Manaus, boating up the Amazon, and Rio Negro with my mother, to "visit" with the Yanomani, (along with other tribes if time and weather permits, such as the Cana Marie, Tucano, and Tupi)... where i will engage in whatever ceremonies they let me, in search for ______.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I am glad you are all so eager to help, and i hope you know that i mean no disrespect on Ayahuasca, I am just beginning my research with some questions... I will keep you updated, if your interested, as i am sure many more questions will arise along the way... or i will just move this thread to the Ayahuasca Boards.

Edited by ovechkin57 (05/16/09 05:24 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle

#10349517 - 05/16/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dont just ask questions on the ayahuasca forums, read through the wealth of information available, especially the "sticky" posts at the top of each section of the forum. This is the best place you will find to learn about ayahuasca by reading. Take my word on it, you could spend hours learning by reading on that website, and its worth it.

Its not about fasting, its about following the right diet (there is no one right diet). The wrong foods could kill you, other foods and plants color the experience in a variety of ways.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinethe bizzle

#10349674 - 05/16/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:

Its not about fasting, its about following the right diet (there is no one right diet). The wrong foods could kill you, other foods and plants color the experience in a variety of ways.

I should have also said that foods and plants color  your life in a variety of ways. Ayahuasca will help you to understand this.

Also keep in mind that using syrian rue is technically not ayahuasca.
Ask anybody experienced with this: The caapi vine guides you through the experience, it communicates and teaches in ways that syrian rue does not.

(also what I meant by pharma maois vs. caapi/rue, is that what is safe to combine with one may not be safe with the other, with pharmaceuticals being far more dangerous, as they are long-term MAOIs, rue and caapi are short term SELECTIVE maois)

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder