Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
mycelium gardening
    #1030594 - 11/06/02 11:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i met this guy who traveled to costa rica to learn about there faming. it is an amazign proccess. the farmers use mycelium to create special compsts. they collect liguid from these composts and use it for spraying there crops in organic growing. it prevents all deseases from teh plants and aslo allows to have better access to nutrients for them. (they can ferment things into boron and a bunch of deferent chemical to help grow)not sure on that. the feed this E.M to chickens and use there feces to make a deffernt compost with carbon and mollases in anorobic environment. he explaned he use dto have to by the spores or EM and was real expensive but then he found out he can grow it on a rice substrate. and jsu inoculates it into the ground. there is so much more to this and it creates wounderful plants he said like no plants are ever brown. hopefully they start it more in north amercica. he also is trying to ferment waste from teh pulp mill to create more enveronmentally friendly waste perhaps even useful byproducts. anyway perhaps soem of u knwo more about this and there defiantly is alot. oh ya and they go collect mycelium form surrounding rain forest under the soil.

peace

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium gardening [Re: the man]
    #1033450 - 11/07/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Um yeah.... I don't think this is the right forum for this post, but it's interesting

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: mycelium gardening [Re: Gumby]
    #1033470 - 11/07/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm still trying to get all aspects straight in my head, hard to follow and the agregious use of language doesn't help.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #1033559 - 11/07/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i have an organic waste compostarium in my backyard - it creates great dung (compost) both for using as rich soil or even in shroom substrates. they also provide plenty of food for slugs and snails so they leave my plants alone also. =)
i think he says the guy he met uses something like compost tea in his plants... but i don't know if i actually got the idea. =)
the man: you need to work out a little bit more your english! but keep writing anyways...

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Re: mycelium gardening [Re: felixhigh]
    #1033626 - 11/07/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yea i suck at english i cant form sentences got a bunch of information but i never can get it out in a logical matter. need to get it out at ounce or i jsut trail on and on on different things. sorry maybe do a search on E.M. really interesting stuff. im more of a scientific mind. on acid or mushrooms i can communicate better. and amphetamines.

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1034750 - 11/08/02 01:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be interested to experiment with this. Currently my scattered ethnobotanical garden is basically a series of experiements. I've been thinking about growing certain shrooms that enrich the nutrients in the soil, in some of my potted gardens.
Fungi Perfecti sells some stuff for this purpose. I've been looking at new ways to fertilize my plants, and have been trying to discover and experiment with new ways to grow plants (like bonsai).

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Re: mycelium gardening [Re: Remy]
    #1034918 - 11/08/02 02:03 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yea im not sure what species it is or anything but it works wounders. i also grow bonzias but after 3 years they died left to teh bech and it got to hot in my house got no air conditioner and they died. ruan a search for" ?ffective mycleium" and it soounds like they just go find it in the rain forest. it is possible for me to get u some. although may be a bit tricky. there are many books on this subject and u might need to learn spanish to read them. absulutly wounderfull for n american organic farmers.

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1034962 - 11/08/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'd like to a do a small japanese stlye ehtnobotanical bonsai landscape. Have some Mimosas, and other small tree, and little pot plants, and maybe some phalaris, with tiny cakes of small psilocybes.

OfflineLOPHO.MP
looker

Loc: Santa Cruz CA.
    #1035940 - 11/08/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The Man,

I have heard of something like this. However what I heard of uses compost tea. It is also bacterias not fungi I believe thAT are the main beneficial part. I know that plants roots can develop symbiotic relationships with mychorizal fungi. The fungi can produce a lot of nutrients for the roots that the roots are not normally able to extract.

--------------------
---Still Searching---

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Re: mycelium gardening [Re: LOPHO.MP]
    #1038352 - 11/09/02 03:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

sounds liek a nice garden. i am headign to cost arica nmd mexico in jan.

peace

--------------------

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1038404 - 11/09/02 04:56 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

on acid or mushrooms i can communicate better. and amphetamines.

haha
ha
ah
aha
hahahahah ah ha
ah ah
ahha
haah

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineGhostPanther
herbsman

Loc: ?unknown?
    #1041969 - 11/10/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ignore gumby, i found the post interesting. another thing i found interesting while browsing the net was mycorrhizal fungi that have a special relationship with plant roots, protecting them from diseases, and creating a better, stronger root system. fungi perfecti has these species for sale as "mycogrow", i would like to see this applied to cannabis growing, you would probably see some interesting results...

Fungi Perfecti web site

--------------------

http://overgrow.com
http://buddhanet.net

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: mycelium gardening [Re: GhostPanther]
    #1042936 - 11/11/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

mycorrhizal fungi do not form relationships with every plant and in some cases can cause major health problems for certain plants, one being foolish seedling syndrome, in which the fungii will cause the plant to grow too fast and tall and fall over and die.

It would be interesting to see though, what would happen if you tried it with cannabis.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale