Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand
anyone have look finding ps. pilliculosa in wa?
    #1034638 - 11/08/02 02:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have been out a few times now looking for pelliculosa on logging roads around near bellingham..

I dont really see many posts about this species?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: pac northwest
Re: anyone have look finding ps. pilliculosa in wa? [Re: OJ]
    #1035639 - 11/08/02 11:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OJ, i have never found this species on logging roads, i believe i have seen just a few individual fruits of this species mixed with other woodchips lovers. MJ lays claim to picking this specie by the poounds from clearcuts farther south into the sound. The lack of popularity with picking this specie is mainly due to its lack of potency relative to other species. You should be pickin liberty caps if your gonna drive to the hills man, more potent, more easily collected. Peace

stay off my land

meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
Re: anyone have look finding ps. pilliculosa in wa? [Re: cardboard]
    #1036420 - 11/08/02 03:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you are still a little too early man. try after thanksgiving. also the peninsula has a higher concentration of good clearcuts for that species. they grow in veins where the wood under ground is rotting, when you find one, you will find many. port townsend is an excellent base camp

if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1036567 - 11/08/02 04:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

They come up in late October through December and sometimes even during the frosty mornings their stems will be frozen and they hibernate each day until the sun comes out and melts the icy frost off of the stems. they can grow in stretches of tens of thousands . Here are two pictures from a bad roll of fikm from 2001.

they are basically potent at two doses per fresh ounce and at three to five grams dried as in P. cubensis dried. so there is no difference in their potency and thst of P. cubensis except in the fresh ounce stage.

Here is a second image and then it says my upload limit for the day is filled.

This mushroom runs in veins like gold through the clearcuts where the first buldozers crushed the broken barks of the chopped trees and then the alders start to grow along the trails where the bulldozers treaded through the clearcuts.

This year Warehauser sold most or all of their clercuts in the Washington State area. They use to chrge a $35.00 permit for there clearcuts where people could go legally on their properties to pick the edible mushrooms such as chantrelles and matsutakes.

One warning though. Many hunters go to these clear cuts to practive target pistol shootings and you will often see many gun casings or shell casings scttered on the forest floor from shotgun cartidges to 45 and 38 shell casings shot into creepy farmers garbage dumps who in some of these areas dump their garbage in the woods(like old bullet-ridden ice boxes) so they do no have to pay a dump charge at the city disposal areas in the Kingston to Port Townsend region of Puget Sound.

so Be careful. If you hedr out their picking and hear the sound of gunfire then move on to a different location a quarter mile down the highway. and were bright clothes so the hunters can see at whome they might be shooting at.

Remember in the last 7 years, 11 mushrom hunters have been shot in Oregon and Washington clearcuts piciking mushrooms. Most of them were of Asian descent like Vietnamese and Japanese

Be careful.

and click to enlarge images.

Also be very weary of dealdly shroom Many galerina speciens and deadly Conocybe filaris grow inst and amongst these pelliculosas. Naematolomas are also present in large clustsers, and Aluria arantia (carrot cups) wedilbles are common along these pathes of pelliculosas. But the Galerinas wll grow in and around the P. pelliculosa and.or P. silvarica complex.

Edited by mjshroomer (11/08/02 04:31 PM)

Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
    #1040703 - 11/10/02 12:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm taking MJ over to the Olympic Peninsula today.

I'll let you know how things are when we get back tonight.

Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Loc: WA state
    #1040855 - 11/10/02 01:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OJ, i found P. pelliculosa east of b'ham about 2 weeks ago in a campground.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification