Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebonzo1188
I chase rabbits, not dragons
I'm a teapot

Idea for a sick fruiting chamber..but i need to hear the people on this one
    #10340714 - 05/14/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I am planning on starting my first ever cultivation and im trying my hardest to make sure everything goes smooth. I have a 34"x15"x15" wooden chest, i was planning on making my fruiting chamber (if possible).

I thought about doing a monotub but i read on the tek that it cannot be opened and exposed to air. The only solution i could think of was to stretch plastic wrap across the top of the whole chest to act a window but still keep it airtight. And im still not certain if it will succeed.

My backup plan was putting perlite on the entire bottom of the chest and lay casings down. But i remembered the shotgun terrarium tek and how there were holes on all sides of it. What purpose do the holes serve? and can i have a perlite humidification terrarium without holes
cause id not like to have my cedar chest looking like swiss cheese

In your opinion which would work best?, or will either of them work at all? lol. Thanks in advance for your help and happy harvests

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Idea for a sick fruiting chamber..but i need to hear the people on this one [Re: bonzo1188]
    #10340723 - 05/14/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Don't grow in a wood chest, and don't grow in an enclosed area.  Fresh air is the number one pinning trigger.  That's the purpose the holes serve.  Put your terrarium on blocks on top of the dresser in circulating air and you'll be fine.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelittleapplemm
Mysterious Creature
Male

Loc: MN
Re: Idea for a sick fruiting chamber..but i need to hear the people on this one [Re: bonzo1188]
    #10340727 - 05/14/09 10:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

High humidity + wood = no good.

--------------------
Taco Bell tastes better with bike grease!
----------------------------------------------
See what projects I'm working on here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix