Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDr_Gonzo
Is this not asuitable placeto park?

Mixed Inocs...
    #1033837 - 11/07/02 10:36 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here's my situation - I recently had one spore syringe of Equadorian left and inoculated 10 jars. The first 6 got fairly hefty +/- 10cc of solution, but the last four got just a few drops due to my unsteady hand, and intensified state. The first six jars are almost completely colonized, but those last four were juuust not doing much. In the meantime, I ordered several more spore syringes from a vendor and got them in. I re-inoculated those last four jars with some Acadian Coast spores, just to keep from wasting the substrate and jars. The next day, I seen a couple of small mycelium patches forming, but it was above the AC inoc, so I believe it's the Equadorians coming in. Have any of you other people had two strains of 'shrooms flushing from the same cake? Will they form some hybrid strain or something?

Dr. G

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Dr_Gonzo]
    #1033850 - 11/07/02 10:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineDr_Gonzo
Is this not asuitable placeto park?

Re: Mixed Inocs... [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1033878 - 11/07/02 10:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Moe Howard sez:
> they will not 'mix'

So the result will be one strain or the other? Or both strains from different areas of the cake?

Dr. G

"We can't stay here! This is bat-country!"

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Mixed Inocs... [Re: Dr_Gonzo]
    #1033946 - 11/07/02 11:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Macey Howard]
    #1034394 - 11/08/02 01:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Mixed Inocs... [Re: matts]
    #1034529 - 11/08/02 01:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What Stamets writes:

"Theoretically, the germination of spores in mass creates multitudes of strains that will compete with one another for nutrients. This has been long accepted as one of the Ten Commandments of Mushroom Culture. Scientists in China, whose knowledge had not been contaminated by such preconceptions first developed spore-mass inoculation techniques to an industrial level. Only recently have Western mycologist recognized that a large community of spore matings behaves quite differently than paired individuals. San Antonio and Hanners (1984) are some of the first Western mycologists to realize that grain spawn of Oyster mushrooms could be effectively created via spore-mass inoculation.
The most aggressive strains out-race the least aggressive strains to capture the intended habitat.
Recent studies have shown that these aggressive strains overpower and invade the cellular network of competing strains.
Dr. Alan Rayner (1988) in studies at the University of Bath described this form of genetic theft as "non-self fusions" between genetically different mycelial systems within the same species. This ability to adapt has made fungi one of the most successful examples of evolution in the biological arena.
Spore-mass fermentation techniques are not yet widely used by North American or European cultivators. Concern for preserving strain stability, lack of experience, equipment, and intellectual conflicts are contributing factors. In mushroom culture, intransigence to new ideas has prevailed, often because the slightest variation from the norm has resulted in expensive failures. Since the health of any economy is based on its diversity, the emergence of organically minded gourmet mushroom growers is creating a fertile intellectual habitat for many innovative technologies."

Edited by Anno (11/08/02 02:36 AM)

Invisiblebrowho4d
The Brody Who?What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Incoherent
Re: Mixed Inocs... [Re: Anno]
    #1034682 - 11/08/02 02:32 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

No shit. I like the way you talk kid.

--------------------
THIS PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN VALIDATED FOR STERILITY HOWEVER THOUGH IT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH DUSTER.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation