Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngryPhil
Herenow

Possible contam, but with pins
    #10332886 - 05/13/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

sorry about the blurry picture quality. all i have is the webcam built into my laptop. this is a tray of WBS/coir/coffee/verm cased with peat/verm/lime. i put it in pinning conditions probably about 3 weeks ago. since then i've had some spots of trich pop up on one side that i covered in salt which, as far as i can tell, has been doing a good job of at least holding it back. i know you're supposed to throw out a tray if you see trich, but i like to live life on the edge.

yesterday, however, i saw some weird growth in the opposite corner from the trich as pictured above. it looks nothing like trich, doesn't smell weird, is only slightly darker than the rest of the myc, and looks a little slimy.  it looks like a network of fibers just like myc, but the strands are thicker and spaced apart more. there's also one spot where it's formed sort of a net above the casing.

i'm pretty sure it's a contam, but today i checked on it and saw that the tray was finally starting to pin, and most of the pins are right around that area. there's even a pin or two right in the middle of it. other contams i've seen prevent growth anywhere near them, so from my experience this is pretty odd.

so what do yous guys think? thanks

--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethefinalhours
Student
 User Gallery

Re: Possible contam, but with pins [Re: AngryPhil]
    #10332898 - 05/13/09 03:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

My personal experience says when I think it is contam'd, I bury it and move on.

OfflineActionExpress
Fgnugide
Male

Re: Possible contam, but with pins [Re: thefinalhours]
    #10333065 - 05/13/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

^ I just dumped a a casing, that was ready to fruit because it had a fuzzy white spot that LOOKED good but i know it wasn't. Always safe then sorry. Trust me scrubbing mold spores off stuff is never fun.

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Possible contam, but with pins [Re: ActionExpress]
    #10333111 - 05/13/09 03:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ActionExpress said:
^ I just dumped a a casing, that was ready to fruit because it had a fuzzy white spot that LOOKED good but i know it wasn't. Always safe then sorry. Trust me scrubbing mold spores off stuff is never fun.

howd you know it was bad if it was a good lookin fluffy white spot?:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder