Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHobbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: Va Flag
Are vapes really this good?
    #10333068 - 05/13/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, so I made myself a vaporizer out of a light bulb and some other household goods per specification of a couple youtube vids.

Me and a couple pals smoked it yesterday and I just smoked it today and this thing is getting me/them much higher than usual, and using less weed in the process.

My question is, are vapes truly this good.. or am I getting high off of something else? I cleaned the bulb with salt and all like it said til there wasn't a speck left inside it. :vaped:

--------------------
External control, are you gonna let them get you?
Do you wanna be a prisoner in the boundaries they set you?
You say you want to be yourself, do you think they'll let you?
They're out to get you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejds

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: Hobbs]
    #10333069 - 05/13/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have some cheap vap pipe i got for like $10 here and it's amazing for weed. 0.5g (finely grinded, of course) gets me as high as 1-1.5g does in my pipe. The vapors are also really really smooth and I can hold them in for really long, which gets me even higher.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10333074 - 05/13/09 03:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you're not getting high off of something else unless you REALLY fucked up ... and i think you'd notice if you had

i'm amazed you're getting good results from the lightbulb, though -- i made a couple different designs of lightbulb vape about a year ago, and none of them were pleasant to use or especially effective

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisibleHobbs
Male User Gallery

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: laserpig]
    #10333090 - 05/13/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm amazed I got good results too, hah. I made the thing for DMT but decided I might as well give some herb a shot and it's working mondo good. I'm using an alcohol lamp to heat it up, so I don't get carbon soot on it from a lighter.

--------------------
They're out to get you.

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

#10333147 - 05/13/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, lightbulb vapes are complete shit, inefficient and harsh as fuck.

If you indeed did enjoy a lightbulb vape, I would bet my life that you would go crazy over a real vaporizer design.

Have a look at the Vapor Genie for $55.

In the $160 - $180 range, you can get a wide range of quality whip vaporizers.

Ones to look for:
-Vaporwarez (VaporCannon)
-Vaporbrothers
-Da Buddha

I personally bought the fanciest whip vaporizer, the Silver Surfer (same makers as Da Buddha). This thing ABSOLUTELY destroys me, gets me so high I can barely function.

My Purple Days arrived yesterday! This is by far the greatest cannabis consumption device ever created.

Here is a 116 page thread on FC about the PD, the owner/inventor is a regular member.

http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48

The bowl holds roughly 0.025g, so ~4 bowls to 0.1g/~40 bowls to 1g. Each bowl gives 2 - 4 good vapor clouds, even large enough to make me cough.

Vapes > Smoking x 100.

Lightbulb vapes are shit though and turn a lot of people off vaporizing, invest in a proper product and you will be hooked for life!

:vaped:

God I love vapes!

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: Chubba] * 1
    #10333156 - 05/13/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing gets you as high as a bong. Hands down.

Vaporizers are a cleaner, higher quality high, but it is more mental with less of a body load.

I theorize it is because excess chemicals and particulates are in the bong smoke when you combust the weed with a lighter, so it just fucks you up more.

Kinda like black tar heroin. It is impure as fuck but excess chemicals make it much more potent.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: Legalize]
    #10333178 - 05/13/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Vaporizers are a cleaner, higher quality high, but it is more mental with less of a body load.

I call bullshit on that now.

My vapes get me higher then a bong using less material, I've smoked bongs everyday for 10 years.

They get you fucked up, I've never had a problem getting "stoned" or vaping myself to sleep.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10333196 - 05/13/09 04:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yea vapes work pretty damn good...

A "lightbulb vape" probably isn't all that much more efficient than smoking with a lighter though. There is still quite a bit of direct heat unless you really control the flame being applied, and only the parts of the bud that touch the bulb are getting vaped...

It much more efficient to pass hot air over the bud, which is the way most vapes work. I can get pretty damn high with .1g of bud or less using my vaporizer, a little less than what i would use for a single bong hit. And i get 3-6 hits of sweet tasty vapor...

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: Chubba]
    #10333213 - 05/13/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lightbulb vapes are shit though and turn a lot of people off vaporizing, invest in a proper product and you will be hooked for life!

I started on a lightbulb, then I got a vapor genie and eventually a vaper bro's. I gotta say, the lightbulb really isn't that bad considering it costs like a two dollars to make... they definatly take some skill to heat properly, but it's possible to get hits just as smooth and potent as any other vaporizer. The key is knowing how... I still hit mine for old time's sake on occasion.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10333220 - 05/13/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

My vapes get me higher then a bong using less material, I've smoked bongs everyday for 10 years.

They get you fucked up, I've never had a problem getting "stoned" or vaping myself to sleep.

Yea same here....

Don't get me wrong, bongs get me ripped for sure. But they are also burning through more weed in each hit, put that same amount you used in a bong in a vape and you will easily get higher....

Believe it or not, bongs are the most inefficient way to smoke....

--------------------

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: openmind]
    #10333235 - 05/13/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

What vapes you guys got?

Offlineyoungsaint707
Mr youngsaint707 to you
Male

Loc: 125
Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: openmind]
    #10333241 - 05/13/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

vapes are the shit to have but it gives a completely diff high cuz you dont get alll the canabinoids like when you completely burn the weed
thats y its cool to blow a few vape bags while passin around a blunt (possible bong too)
but thats just cuz we do it stupid like that in the bay
not kidding i can admit to wasting weed we blow so much

--------------------
Do mushrooms grow in your head?

InvisibleHobbs
Male User Gallery

#10333244 - 05/13/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, your a vape encyclopedia. Good thing I just started my new job, gonna have to look into these. Light bulb certainly isn't the best, but it was way better than I expected.

--------------------
They're out to get you.

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: youngsaint707]
    #10333254 - 05/13/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think that oral consumption + vaping is a really good balance of highs while remaining very healthy.

I vape around 95% of my material, the other 5% is rolled into joints every now and then.

I don't smoke bongs anymore, if I want a bong hit I'll just run my Silver Surfer GG adapter into the downstem for massive vapor clouds.

Invisiblejds

#10333259 - 05/13/09 04:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Lightbulbs are very effective vaporisers, I started with one and it worked very well. Then I moved on to this eagle bill or whatever pipe that I got for around $10, and I'm happy with it.

The Vapor Genie one looks very interesting, I'd love to try it!

Edited by jds (05/13/09 04:25 PM)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10333319 - 05/13/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
What vapes you guys got?

I've got the Vapolution. It's my friends but he never uses it so i'm just making sure it gets put to good use....It is said to have the same efficiency as a Volcano (once you learn how to use it to it's full potential), and is the only full glass on glass vape that i know of....

At first i didn't think much of it, sure i got high, sure it tasted great. But nothing special. But now that i have got it down and know how to pack the bowls just right, damn this thing gets me baked.

Each bowl is only .1g of bud or so. And usually one bowl, or two is all it takes to get me danked. This is why less than a gram of weed will last me a week....

Another great thing about this vape, or vapes in general, is that instead of getting black tar like resin build up...the "resin" build up is clear to a slight yellow color...And damn is this stuff potent, i would say almost pure cannabinoids....This is vapor that has condensed on the cooler sides of the glass. One hit of this stuff and your fucked, while holding the hit you can feel it going to your head.

And it comes with a car adapter and battery pack for portability :thumbup: :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineKanos
Enabler
Male

Loc: MN, USA
    #10333327 - 05/13/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

The reason a vape is more of a head load is becuase a certain chemical that is a byproduct from weed due to combustion is what causes the body load(dont know what its called) and when you vape its pure THC which has less sedative effects.

I know thats a vauge explanation, but its all i could remember from the thread i read.  Not sure of its validity of course, but..hmm sounds right?

--------------------

OfflineKanos
Enabler
Male

Loc: MN, USA
Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: Kanos]
    #10333339 - 05/13/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kanos said:
Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

The reason a vape is more of a head load is becuase a certain chemical that is a byproduct from weed due to combustion is what causes the body load(dont know what its called) and when you vape its pure THC which has less sedative effects.

I know thats a vauge explanation, but its all i could remember from the thread i read.  Not sure of its validity of course, but..hmm sounds right?

here is the thread i got it form if you want to read...pretty good debate... http://www.marijuana.com/vaporizers/19939-why-vaporizer-high-different-smoking-high.html

--------------------

Offlineyoungsaint707
Mr youngsaint707 to you
Male

Loc: 125
    #10333340 - 05/13/09 04:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
I think that oral consumption + vaping is a really good balance of highs while remaining very healthy.

thats something i have to add to the to do list
sounds fun

--------------------
Do mushrooms grow in your head?

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Are vapes really this good? [Re: youngsaint707]
    #10333357 - 05/13/09 04:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

youngsaint707 said:
vapes are the shit to have but it gives a completely diff high cuz you dont get alll the canabinoids like when you completely burn the weed......

Actually, it's the other way around...You are getting all the Cannabinoids when you vaporize, or at least a much wider spectrum of cannabinoids.

When you smoke, or are using a lighter, most of the available THC and other cannabinoids are destroyed by the heat from the flame or cherry.

THC vapes around 392°F, while a bic lighter flame is around 1900°F

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale