Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Passing out from Pot.
    #10329202 - 05/12/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so I've only expressed this to my friends, and I never really got a straight answer as to what it was.  But some people had mentioned having similar experiences.  I'll keep it short but start at the beginning.

I have been smoking pot since the age of 15, I am now shy of 22.

Between the ages of 17-20 I experimented with pot, alcohol, painkillers, amphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy, mushrooms, LSD, ketamine, 2-ci, DXM, and salvia. (This mayyy have something to do with it?)

The first time this happened was when I was in the back seat of my friends car, I had only had 3 beers and began to smoke a bowl.  I started to feel light headed and dizzy, upon flipping open my cell phone my entire vision became white and I couldnt see a thing.  Thankfully we parked and I sat down on the curb and was fine in 5 minutes.

The second time it happened I was in a movie theater, and only a little high but high enough, I walked outside to stand in a VERY long line for popcorn, as the line inched closer I began to feel very anxious and the closer I got to the front of the line the more anxious I got.  I began to feel dizzy and light headed, my vision started to leave me, everything was blurry, my coordination skills left me and I started stumbling through the crowd of people in lines.  I finally found a closeby pillar and sat down until I felt better.

The third time was full blown.  I smoked 4 blunts while sitting in the passenger seat on a 5 hour ride to visit my younger sister at college.  I had not had any water or moved for a very long time.  We got out to go to a gas station and I felt fine, upon walking through the store and selecting my munchies, I began to feel a sense of anxiety and fear.  I quickly rushed to get some random chips and walked fast to the counter to pay for my things.  I had recognized this feeling before and knew that I had to evacuate immediately.  I handed the cashier my money as I fell backwards, knocking down a stand of red bulls and hitting the floor.  My stomach was to the ground and my head was resting against the automatic sliding door as people watched me, my friends thinking I was joking.  I was conscious of what was happening to me but tried vigorously to get up, I kept getting a few inches off the ground but would fall right back down hitting my head against the sliding door.  Sounds were faded, I remember hearing a high pitched noise, not being able to see.  It was like I was in a mid seizure.  I got up very quickly and said "Im just fucking with you guys" in an attempt to make it seem like I was joking.  But I walked out forgetting my change and my munchies.  It really freaked me out.

It happened again 2 months ago, smoked 2 blunts with a friend, felt really anxious and paranoid, went to his bathroom, couldnt pee, and had to sit on the ground because I felt dizzy.

Is my brain getting too old for pot?  Is it because I'm slightly ADD? Is it because I ate too many mushrooms or ecstasy?  Would it have anything to do with sitting in the same place for a long time, not being hydrated, or having low blood sugar?

I hate it when it happens!!!

--------------------
Proud to be a member of the Feel Family.

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeh_Face
You may say I'm a dreamer...
Male

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: ezwider]
    #10329224 - 05/12/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A few of my friends have complained of this.

Try taking a benzo maybe? Those always eliminate all of the anxiety for me, except I do tend to lose chunks of time... :frown:

--------------------
Lemonous petals, dissident play,
Tasting of ergot,
Dancing by night, dying by day.
Blackening mushrooms drink in the rain,
Sinister nightblooms
Wilt with the dawn's welcoming pain.
You will find them in her eyes.

After all, it can only cost you your life, and you got that for free!

So this is how liberty dies... With thunderous applause.

OfflinePsycadelic_Sitar
The Family Friend
Male

Loc: A serene forest nearby.
Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: Teh_Face]
    #10329233 - 05/12/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

stay hydrated! it really comes a long way.

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #10329236 - 05/12/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It has happened to me, I think it has to do with blood sugar.  Well, at least that can be one reason.  My blood sugar spikes after I get high and if I haven't eaten and am dehydrated and drinking and shit, then it just makes me feel terrible.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offlineandyffer
Stranger

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #10329262 - 05/12/09 08:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I dont know what happens to me sometimes if i take a lot and then take that one last hit..
While im holding it in my vision comes black and then I cant see and my body becomes numb immediatly and then im completely high afterwards

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast

#10329265 - 05/12/09 08:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I'm an avid smoker, I can handle a lot of pot.  It just seems that randomly every once in a while I get that feeling.  It happens maybe twice a year, but more frequently in the past 2 years.  I guess from looking at each experience.  I was sitting down for a long amount of time without conversation and thinking a little too much.  But even then I dont even know if its that, sometimes the pot is just too much for my brain to handle, and its as if I go into a "bad trip" as if I would on mushrooms.

I hate having to be the pussy who has to ration his pot use.

--------------------

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10329272 - 05/12/09 08:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like an anxiety attack?

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinedeathbydefault
RACOON RIDER X-TREME

#10329298 - 05/12/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've had several friends with this issue, and I've had a few near pass outs myself, usually after marathon sessions. Sometimes its kinda a spinning sensation in my head , and then I can feel the blood drain out of my face..I read an article that states that marijuana affects blood flow in the brain, perhaps this is the problem??

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050211084701.htm

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: showme]
    #10329301 - 05/12/09 08:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah thats what it sounds like to me too, but I have never had any anxiety problems.  I know you all arent doctors, but do you think too much ecstasy use or mushroom or lsd or ketamine or dxm could suffice some type of anxiety or a.d.d disorder?

--------------------

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
    #10329318 - 05/12/09 08:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hydration is the way to go! It also really helps with the red-eye.
  Several occasions, I've been so high my head throbs, my eyes practically deflate, and I get scared that i'll stop breathing.:lol: It's almost like a bad trip, just not really tripping; really fucking high instead.
  It's not pleasant...but ive never almost passed out.
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10329332 - 05/12/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I really don't think so. I think at best a bad psychedelic experience could have brought up some underlying mental issues that triggered this new found anxiety. Then again marijuana is weird and after the first anxiety trip, usually it doesn't go away just like that... at least that's what I've read from many users on here.

It's like now that you know it exists...

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: showme]
    #10329351 - 05/12/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Low blood pressure. Relatively common.

--------------------

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10329383 - 05/12/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Low blood pressure. Relatively common.

I have never had a bad trip on hallucinogens.  I have had some uncomfortable mushrooms trips that I was able to maintain, and some disorienting LSD trips that somehow I survived.  The closest I came to a bad trip was when I ate 2-ci and it kept getting stronger and stronger even after 7 hours, stronger than any mushroom trip I had ever had.  I later found out I had eaten a tripple dosage and I stopped tripping hard after 17 hours.  After  or 9 hours I was convinced I was going to be stuck that way forever.  But looking back on it, it wasnt very traumatizing, just only at the time it was, it was more disorienting and uncomfortable.

I've heard the low or high blood pressure or blood sugar, I'm just trying ot think of ways to prevent it.  I do know that water is an all around remedy though, its why we are here to begin with.

Thanks for listening to my experience, I am just trying to tie some loose ends with my brain thats all haha.

--------------------

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#10329415 - 05/12/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, you could always start consuming way too much salt and have consistently high blood pressure. :rofl: Probably a bad idea, though.

--------------------

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10329420 - 05/12/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
Well, you could always start consuming way too much salt and have consistently high blood pressure. :rofl: Probably a bad idea, though.

Hahah

+5

--------------------

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10329833 - 05/12/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Low blood pressure.  I get this sometimes, and get it when i "get up too fast" i call it a "white out."  Pretty common, nothing to be worried about.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineTheTrueBigDaddy
Joker and a Toker
Male

#10329843 - 05/12/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is referred to as "Greening out". Usually happens to people when they have smoked a lot. I'm a big pot smoker but it has happened to me twice both times i had been blazing and hadn't moved in a long time then when i started walking away I felt light headed and passed out. It happens randomly to some people. I'm not really sure how to prevent it other than keeping hydrated and fed. Feeling anxiety about it probably makes it worse so if it starts to happen again just sit down drink some water and take a few deep breaths and try to keep calm.

OfflineCountry1
Ehhh
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: TheTrueBigDaddy]
    #10329869 - 05/12/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't call it greening out. I have some friends who when they smoke alot end up feeling sick, puking then passing out. I'd say that's more greening out then just getting anxious.

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: andyffer]
    #10329896 - 05/12/09 09:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have definitely experienced this as well... I can usually trace it back to not eating/drinking enough. Dang weed making me forget to eat.

Offlineezwider
Mushroom Enthusiast

Re: Passing out from Pot. [Re: Lynnch]
    #10331606 - 05/13/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
I have definitely experienced this as well... I can usually trace it back to not eating/drinking enough. Dang weed making me forget to eat.

Haha isnt it supposed to make you remember to eat?

I guess i just need a carry a Nalgene with water in it at all times and take a weed stretch every 45 minutes.

--------------------

My Logs:
BRF Trial 1
First Mono Tub
Quadruple Mono Tub Grow
My Last Tub

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract