Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNezzy
The Nez
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10325353 - 05/12/09 01:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've never been able to chew up fresh mushrooms ): The bitter explosion of juice always got to me. Why are fresh trips better? What is the difference in the feeling and also would a tea made with fresh mush differ from a tea made with dry mush (trip/feeling)?

--------------------
In fact, everything we encounter in this world with our six senses is an inkblot test.
You see what you are thinking and feeling, seldom what you are looking at.
Shiqin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineflyingangle
Stranger
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: Nezzy]
    #10325468 - 05/12/09 02:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nezzy said:
I've never been able to chew up fresh mushrooms ): The bitter explosion of juice always got to me. Why are fresh trips better? What is the difference in the feeling and also would a tea made with fresh mush differ from a tea made with dry mush (trip/feeling)?

Ha thats funny, I never thought about the fact that fresh they could have enough liquid in them that it would squeeze out as you chew them, that sounds pretty bad.  I would imagine fresh they would be slightly more potent, other than that and maybe expectations of a different feeling from fresh might make you perceive the trip a little differently.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10326051 - 05/12/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's hard to make a tea infusion from something with a high moisture content(fresh mushrooms) Thats why making a blender smoothie is the best way to go.

Fresh is stronger because the psilocin(the other primary active besides psilocybin) in almost completely broken down in the drying process.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10326128 - 05/12/09 08:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol man, had some bad experiences eating the mega-caps, to crunch down into my sandwich, only to have the inside of the mushroom explode onto the back of my tounge, and licked me good.
like slime crawling around in my mouth.
so bad,
so good.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
    #10326211 - 05/12/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nezzy said:

They are better b/c fresh shrooms contain more psilocin than a dried shroom of equivalent size (10:1). On average 10 grams fresh would contain .79mg psilocin and 1g dried would contain 0.5mg psilocin. The psilocybin contents are almost identical. (this info comes from the dosage calculator)

The taste of freshies are much more pungent than there dried counterpart. I have tried eating them in applesauce to mask the texture with no luck. Like I said in my earlier post cinnamon/raisin bread/bagel is the best way I have come up with to not only cover the texture, but when cream cheese or frosting is added it also masks the flavor.

Blending with oj you can't really tell they are in there, but you end up with a frothy top layer that definitely tastes like mushroom. It is similar to the lemon tek in that your trip will be more intense but not last as long.

My next experiment with freshies I plan to try them in tomato soup. Contains citric acid as well as very strong flavor. Maybe even chili since it has more texture to it.

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: º¶¥–¢¶
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10328097 - 05/12/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i'v always just chowed down on em fresh,. i kind of like how they taste.

while munching i always get a feeling like i am eating ink., like my teeth will be stained purple as if i was chewing on a ball point pen.

plus, in my opinion,  its easier on your body if you eat them on a completely empty stomach.

:yoda2:

--------------------
øª¶•†ƒ¨√©µƒ∂´

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies