Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineratshit
mister

Loc: Africa down south
Casing - manure-or-compost on top of my cake-substrate/manure base ?
    #10325814 - 05/12/09 05:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Me again ... all these damn overeager newbie questions :/

( Who amongst our dear readers have guessed that this repeat-repeat-repeat poster has a dozen inoculated jars in his cupboard and is waiting not so patiently for signs of mycelial life ... )

Advice on my top Casing layer.

Given a base layer of manure
Then my cake-mycelial-substrate crumble

Should I best go with:
1. a compost top casing layer
or:
2. a manure top casing layer

I'm guessing that the manure is richer in mushroom feeding nutrients ... although the compost is pretty nutritive in general.

Both are lovely & dark-dark brown & dank & organic ... naturally damp to the touch and exceptional water holding ability.

And also, I have seen a touch of white mould on the inside of one of the manure bags in the store (not on the bag I picked up though) so I'm thinking that a good oven-bag roasting/bake is called for before I set-up & fill my trays.

Agreed ?
* Suggested temperature ?
* Suggested duration ?

Thanks ...

[ now I'll head off to peek into that dang cupboard I've been trying sooo hard to resist all morning ]

--------------------
Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblerustypan
downinit

Re: Casing - manure-or-compost on top of my cake-substrate/manure base ? [Re: ratshit]
    #10325923 - 05/12/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

5 Threads, from 1 guy? I'd love to help , but you need to have a look at this link I found for you. You'll really love it.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php

As to your other threads with the wild concoctions and over thought out ideas...

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Learn the basics steps. All the questions you've asked have been answered and re-answered, except for that really off the wall one you posted. But really man, read. read. read. When you use the search feature, click on the "trusted cultivator" check box, and it will take you to the advice of those worth listening to.

If you can comprehend/apply what you read, you'll do just fine.

Good luck. :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate