Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Constitution, bible.
    #1030124 - 11/06/02 09:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If it's in the constitution, is it the actual, verbatim, word of god?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Phluck]
    #1032320 - 11/07/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Its a funny subject, rights and the bible. In our constitution "all people have unaienable rights that are endowed by there creator", i wounder what would happen if a man has the technology to trick humanity in to making them believe that he is god. Then could that man take away every born rights of man?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1032497 - 11/07/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

psssh... its just the constitution...

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #1032970 - 11/07/02 02:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what if you geneticly created a bunch of people, then legaly you are thier creator.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1033092 - 11/07/02 03:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Um... right.

What I meant was, "it's in the constitution" isn't necessarily a good reason for anything. The founding fathers weren't thinking of 21st century society when they wrote the thing.

ie. A well regulated militia to keep the government in check may have been feasible in the 1700's, but it isn't really today.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1034753 - 11/08/02 01:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

ie. A well regulated militia to keep the government in check may have been feasible in the 1700's, but it isn't really today.

I disagree. There are 80 million gun owners in the US today. If just 1% belong to the out of my cold dead hands club that equals 800,000 well armed men willing to fight and die to preserve liberty.

Edit to add. Remember Lexington and Concord started off as a British gun grab. The powers that be would do well to remember this fact.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (11/08/02 01:03 AM)

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1034884 - 11/08/02 01:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If only those gun owners would use those guns only for keeping the government in check.....

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1036189 - 11/08/02 12:36 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"There are 80 million gun owners in the US today. If just 1% belong to the out of my cold dead hands club that equals 800,000 well armed men willing to fight and die to preserve liberty."

That's quite a bit different from a well regulated militia. Do you think they'd all agree on how to run the newly overthrown government? Not to mention the fact that the vast majority of violent revolutions end in violent dictatorships, no matter what the stated goal is.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1036228 - 11/08/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You're right. It's better that the people all just turn in their guns and accept a dictatorship... hey, it worked for the Germans, right?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Evolving]
    #1038803 - 11/09/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not having guns does not equal dictatorship.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1039351 - 11/09/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Forbiding guns means the people have been subjugated, either willingly as in England, or forcibly as in China. The people are not free. They are both police states.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Anonymous

#1039665 - 11/09/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Since we drifted into the 'gun debate' I have to know.

Do you trust the government?

A simple yes or no will do.

Thanks,

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1039844 - 11/09/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not having guns has caused more problems inEngland than having guns in America???? Come ON!

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Anonymous

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1039854 - 11/09/02 10:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Would you want to live in a country where only the police are armed?

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Anonymous]
    #1040417 - 11/10/02 03:59 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well...Yeah. Cause Police where I'm from Don't shoot you.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Evolving]
    #1040438 - 11/10/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It's better that the people all just turn in their guns and accept a dictatorship... hey, it worked for the Germans, right?

Not really. The weimer republic desperately tried to introduce gun control in 1928 to prevent the rise of the armed Nazi bands. Unfortunately they failed. If they'd banned guns 10 years earlier the Nazi's would have had a lot harder time reaching power. Could the Nazi's have gained power without having an enormous armed band like the SA behind them? It's highly unlikely.

Hitler didn't even bother with any gun control until 1938 (after he'd been in power 5 years) and even then he did little more than tighten up the existing 1928 laws. Gun control certainly wasn't one of his priorities regardless of what the NRA tells you.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: Anonymous]
    #1040701 - 11/10/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe he meant British Columbia because they sure do shoot people in Canada.

"Sarnia, ONTARIO -- Family and supporters of slain Native protester Anthony "Dudley" George were outraged at a recent hearing here by a judge's comments that blamed Natives for George's death during a 1995 battle with police outside Ipperwash Provincial Park.
Their anger exploded outside the court after the Feb. 12 hearing when Natives tried to confront an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer responsible for charging protesters who took part in the park's occupation. They were held back by Sarnia police.

Dudley George was part of a group of 24 Stoney Point Natives who occupied the park, located on the southeast shore of Lake Huron, two days before the clash to protest its being built over a burial ground. He was shot and killed by OPP Acting Sgt. Kenneth Deane.
Deane was convicted last year of criminal negligence causing the death of an unarmed man. In a decision that greatly angered Canada's Native community, Deane received a conditional sentence of two years community service.

Deane is appealing the conviction and the Ontario prosecutors' office is appealing the sentence."

Or maybe he just meant that Canadian police don't shoot white people.

Or maybe he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.  :smirk:

Taken from "Canadian police go 'Native' and shoot a Canadian in cold blood".  Click HERE!

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: ]
    #1042558 - 11/11/02 03:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ahh, the red herring...Very good.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1042716 - 11/11/02 07:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How was the lobotomy? not to painful I hope, must be nice having all that space in your head is it? probabaly best not to try making intelligent comments though as you'll just end up spoutiing shit like this:

In reply to:

Forbiding guns means the people have been subjugated, either willingly as in England, or forcibly as in China. The people are not free. They are both police states.

We doint want guns!! I know u americans who think owning a gun is some kind of god given right cant get your heads around it but we dont want guns!! We stop playing cowboys and indians at around 8 or 9 years of age.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Constitution, bible. [Re: GazzBut]
    #1042748 - 11/11/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ya know, we have guns, were not a TRUE free country. You can't say freedom to use guns, means were a free country?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom