Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Write your personal review of a psychopharmaceutical
    #10313821 - 05/09/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Have you *genuinely medicinally* used mind-altering pharmaceuticals?

Please tell us why the drug was prescribed to you, how much you took and for how long, how effective it was, how desirable or undesirable it was, how it interacted with recreational drugs and so forth.

If you read the prescribers info any medicine will make you die a gruesome death. Its highly informative, but only to a degree.

Tell of your personal experiences with a mind drug.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezootroid
Stranger

Re: Write your personal review of a psychopharmaceutical [Re: Asante]
    #10316482 - 05/10/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Medications: Seroquel 150mg, Divalproex 500mg
Condition: Bipolar

Ive been taking this combo since January and its working well.

The only undesired effect is the tremors I get after I initially ingest the Seroquel.  My fingers twitch and so do my eyes.

I find I cannot drink alcohol or caffeine anymore since it hurts my stomach with very little.

I still smoke weed, although this does increase the tremors I find.

I have yet to try any other drugs while taking these medications as there's really not much information about people mixing these meds.

Drugs I'm hoping I can still do are mushrooms and lsd.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Write your personal review of a psychopharmaceutical [Re: Asante]
    #10317258 - 05/10/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Drug: Modafinil (Brand name Provigil)
Drug Class: Atypical stimulant
Generally prescribed for narcolepsy

Used for: Depression and the fatigue and loss of motivation associated with it.
Amount Used: 200mg once in the morning

Where can I start.  I was severely depressed.  The first time in my life that I had ever been in what I knew was depression.  I was absolutely lethargic.  I forced myself to workout but I was just going through the motions.  I went to work and was absolutely useless.  I hated being there and often took three hour lunches just to get me through the day.

From the first dose of modafinil my fatigue had vanished and my motivation increased dramatically.  It was literally a 100% turnaround for me almost instantly.  Many people compare the initial euphoria of the drug to that of cocaine.  Having never taken it I can't make that comparison, but I felt great to be sure.  The drug is very unique because it is a stimulant that is somewhat mild but has a very long half-life (15 hours).  One dose in the morning is still with you at night.

Initially I felt very euphoric on the drug for most of the day.  It also gives a very intense sense of focus and is being researched as a treatment for ADD.  I found I could sit and read a book for literally hours without stopping.  I could become obsessive and excessively driven when reading about things that interested me.

The drug also had the effect of making me very social.  Another supposed cocaine comparison.

I'm now at about a month and a half of every day use.  Still using only 200mg in the morning, but the effects have changed quite a bit.  It still keeps my energy levels up.  If I have something to do, I definitely get it done.  The euphoria is pretty much non-existent at this point.  The ability to focus intensely on tasks, almost compulsively, still seems to be there.  It doesn't really feel the same though.  I think maybe I've just grown so accustomed to it.  I'm still able to read and maintain interest for very long periods of time.

Initially the drug did make me feel a bit manic.  I feel I may have some undiagnosed bipolar tendencies so I may be predisposed to that.  For the time being my doctor gave me the okay to continue taking it, along with buproprion(wellbutrin) at my request.  He even said I could double my dose of modafinil, to 400mg/day.  I'm keeping it at 200mg for now because at 300mg I find myself a little restless late into the night.

Side effects: Definite reduction in appetite.  I just don't feel driven to eat and I often forget to, especially when I'm absorbed in some task.

Overall loss of sleep.  Sleep too is something I feel less need for.  I'm usually always tired even with a full nights rest, and on modafinil I am able to feel decent on 5 or 6.

Loss of emotion.  I remember commenting initially that I only feel happiness on the drug.  That seems to have persisted to some degree.  I do feel a bit empty.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Edited by PowerTrip (05/10/09 01:54 PM)

OfflineEpigallo
Stranger
Re: Write your personal review of a psychopharmaceutical [Re: PowerTrip]
    #10324657 - 05/11/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Be careful on the sleep. I read a second hand report of someone who took it on the weekdays and slept about 4-5 hours each night, but normally on weekends. Towards the approach of two years he had a severely weakened immune system (in fact thought he had cancer). Took him years to recover as I recall. Just felt obligated to mention it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract