Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBurblesV
Stranger
 User Gallery

Gourmet Mushroom Spores Wanted
    #8422499 - 05/19/08 11:14 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Right, well i was wondering if anybody would like to send me some "yummy mushroom" spores, so i can try and grow them... I know there are places online that sell various spores, but the prices seem totally ridiculous, so, if anyone has a spore print or two of some easy to cultivate species, since i am still pretty much a noob, i would be very thankful! :laugh:

I'm looking forward to cultivating edible mushrooms, or really any type of mushroom :P

Message me or comment here if you want to make a trade for something (but, i have zip when it comes to things like this, like i said, I'm still pretty much a noob)

Thanks for checking out my thread at least :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Gourmet Mushroom Spores Wanted [Re: Burbles]
    #8422576 - 05/19/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I agree prints can be a bit over priced (oysters for example :lol:)  but i think "cultures" of the others are close to being right as there's usually more work involved.  Bare in mind professional cultures cost $100+ so when you look at it like that its a great deal.

you should probably check the market place if your looking to trade for a culture or a print.  infact i think there's someone offering cultures in there right now can't remember what he was wanting however

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Edited by makaveli8x8 (05/19/08 11:35 PM)

OfflineBurblesV
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gourmet Mushroom Spores Wanted [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #8423303 - 05/20/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Haha ok thank you! :smile:
It just seemed to me that once people got growing mushrooms making spore prints would be rather easy and they'd have a bunch haha guess not though?
i'll check the market place i guess

OfflineBurblesV
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8425388 - 05/20/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Oh i just realized oysters live around where i live... ive even seen them before.. according to a few sources they are not any look a likes in utah...
are there even look a likes for them?
Also morels and a bunch of other things live around here

http://www.users.uswest.net/~dwjohnston/edibles.htm
does this site tell the truth?

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #8425980 - 05/20/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

"Once you learn about them there is NO chance of confusing them with poisonous mushrooms. "

Other than ^that statement, the linked page seems to give accurate information (in a general sense). AFAIK, there are no oyster-lookalikes that are poisonous in the United States. Pretty much anything you find that is "oyster-looking" will be edible even if it doesn't taste great. Just make sure to pick mature fruits for the table. (those the size of your hand or larger) and clean out the beetles- there presence in great numbers is a good sign you've got an oyster.

Oysters are delicious! So enjoy them whenever you get the chance.

OfflineFreeSporePrints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rome, Italy Flag
Re: Gourmet Mushroom Spores Wanted [Re: MycoAu]
    #8436597 - 05/23/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

for free sporeprints you can visit www.FreeSporePrints.org

We have wedges too, but you must clean them on agar.

Fabio

OfflineDevii
Curious Examiner
Male User Gallery

Re: Gourmet Mushroom Spores Wanted [Re: FreeSporePrints]
    #10324272 - 05/11/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I should be getting some shiitake in the mail soon... as soon I get those going i could do some spore prints for you :smile:

--------------------
Support the FSRC! Donate Today!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies