Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
57g fresh mushrooms
    #10317755 - 05/10/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Downed 57g fresh, blended in OJ, about 4:30. Man It's already kicking my ass hard.

EDIT: I only weigh 140

Edited by fltdriver82 (05/10/09 04:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecapt cap
art of revolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10317758 - 05/10/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:crazymonkey:

--------------------

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: º¶¥–¢¶
    #10317761 - 05/10/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

fresh is best

:yoda2:

--------------------
øª¶•†ƒ¨√©µƒ∂´

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: capt cap]
    #10317763 - 05/10/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dude, thats what I feel like.

Offlinemattritt
Mind Chemist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10318426 - 05/10/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I REALLY wanna try some fresh mushrooms.  Ive only had dry and i want to see what the fresh ones taste like and they seem like theyd give you such a better trip.  Shrooms look crazy, like something from another planet, especially before the veil breaks.

On a side note, potency, better before or after the veil breaks?

--------------------
**Metaphysical Crystal, Stones, Gems, and Minerals**
Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.
:bongload:  :gethigh:  "You need more THC to your brain, faster." - Drr  :gethigh:  :bongload:

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: mattritt]
    #10318518 - 05/10/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

level 5 completely FUCKED

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#10318529 - 05/10/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I will be expecting a full trip report when you come down next month!

--------------------

InvisibleZippy
Needlepoint
Male

Loc: Santa Cruz
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: Wapakz]
    #10319290 - 05/10/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wapakz said:
I will be expecting a full trip report when you come down next month!

:rofl:

--------------------
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it would just learn to keep its mouth shut.

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#10319306 - 05/10/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fltdriver82 said:

how hard was it to type that? :P

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: panaeolus]
    #10319469 - 05/10/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

panaeolus said:
fresh is best

:thumbup:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlineguywiththegun
Shroom Chewer/Beer Brewer
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: niteowl]
    #10319492 - 05/10/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Oh man I wish I was where he was right now...

--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: guywiththegun]
    #10320928 - 05/11/09 05:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Totally psychedelic visuals. Extremely hard trip for three hours. Thought I was gonna die for a while but was extremely happy about it. Hard to breathe. Couldn't move for a while. Went outside to smoke a cig and just started laughing uncontrollably. Never had visuals like this on shrooms, would compare it to an intense acid trip. At one point I had a moment of pure clarity were everything seemed right in my world. My dog looked at me at one point and I swear she said "Damn!".

Almost exactly 4 hours after drinking OJ/shrooms my trip abruptly ended. No lingering effects at all. No breathing walls, floating designs, nothing. Then it felt like I had the flu or something. Took my temp and it was 103, my sinuses completely emptied into my mouth. Totally groggy, loss of balance. Incoherent thoughts. A few hours after this (10:30) was completely normal.

I don't know if having a hangover affected this trip or not but it was the most intense mushroom trip I've ever experienced.

Watched SIN CITY and was completely lost the entire movie but it was pretty bad ass from what I could understand. The dude trying to avenge Goldie was my favorite character.

At one point while outside smoking, every dog in the neighborhood freaked about something, scared me so bad that I went inside and crawled into bed.

Had close to an hour-long visual with a "blanket" of plaid red/green/blue effect over everything that I saw. That was cool.

Starred at my ceiling fan light (halogen 5 year bulb) and the blades on the fan seemed to crawl to a stop then take off again. While laying on my bed I felt like I had become one with the mattress, this is when I thought I was gonna die, but I remember feeling an overwhelming sense of happiness. If I was coming to an end this is the way I wanted it to happen, tripping balls with a shit eating grin on my face.

Every time I tried to get up to pee or whatever, I had almost no balance control, my legs felt like they could barely support my weight. I fell 3-4 times throughout the trip. Once outside with my neighbors looking at me, as I tried to pick myself up I noticed them watching and it threw me into a fit of laughter-Man they must think I'm completely retarded. And I was.

The sunset was the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. This is where the moment of clarity happened. Absolute harmony, almost surreal.

I will definitely be writing an actual trip report when my thoughts are more coherent.

Four mushrooms eaten total. Two Puerto Ricans, One PF Redspore, One Pesa. Largest weighed 22g by itself.

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

#10320973 - 05/11/09 05:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I remember worrying about whether I was going to die on a shroom trip. My initial response was, "Would dying really be so bad?"

I wasn't able to remain as positive for the entirety of the trip, though.

Marv's always been my favorite Sin City character.

OfflineShroomzoom622
Whole lot of nothing

#10321148 - 05/11/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fltdriver82 said:

If you were level 5 wouldn't you not be able to use a computer, much less type that out...?

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: Shroomzoom622]
    #10321206 - 05/11/09 06:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

trust me, it was very hard. Took a while to get it right. Typed one or two letters, then checked the screen (well tried) to see if what I thought I typed showed up. That was nothing compared to the troubles I had typing my addy for a print someone offered me, checked my sent messages this morning and had to resend correct address. Got my name spelled right though.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10323022 - 05/11/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Fresh oj mush shakes are my preferred method of intake! Best way I've found.

I've gone through the whole death trip before a few times on the come up. It's like you think you are dying, but just feel so serene and at peace with the idea. It can go the other way too. I think Leary talks about some of this stuff in The Psychedelic Experience, but I've never read the whole thing. It's real interesting to me, but I found it kinda dull reading...

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisiblechampinhom
Lord Justhappensness
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10323129 - 05/11/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

57 fresh grams is about 5 dry?. What is your usual dose? Do you fast before this kind of trip? Any problem with nausea? I am happy you got out alive.

--------------------
My father used to say: I don't care what else you do in life, just don't be an asshole. People, forgive me when I forget what my daddy said.

Cut back the proliferating list of people whose opinions can hurt you. Unless they have done or want to do you some good, their views are just not worth tracking.
Saul Bellow

“People are just cannibals unless they leave each other alone.” Doris Lessing

Those whom the gods would save, they dower with compassion. Mr. P.  Silocybin

Offlineheimiasali
i was a bee
Male
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: Shroomzoom622]
    #10323496 - 05/11/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomzoom622 said:
Quote:

fltdriver82 said:

If you were level 5 wouldn't you not be able to use a computer, much less type that out...?

100% agree.

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: heimiasali]
    #10325250 - 05/12/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Level 4

Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking toyou, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out ofbody experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

Level 5

Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satorienlightenment (and other such labels).

Never read the actual descriptions of levels, so...

Guess I overshot my level, believe now that I was at a high level 4. But for me that was the highest level I've gotten to so it felt like a 5.

My usual dose:
Dried 3-6g
Fresh 30-50

Dried usually just munch them, fresh I usually chop or dice and add to food (toasted cinnamon/raisin bagel w/cream cheese, cinnamon/raisin toast with buttercream frosting-faves). This time I wanted a quicker trip so I diced to blended in OJ, let sit 10 min and drank. None of the veils were completely torn, only one was starting to tear.

I am planning a camping trip next month and hope to be able to come up with either 10g dried or 90g fresh (don't think I'll have a problem getting them, maybe surviving lol).

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #10325346 - 05/12/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I am planning a camping trip next month and hope to be able to come up with either 10g dried or 90g fresh

:hatsoff:

You could end up regretting that or enjoying that.

Best of luck either way.

Let us know how it turns out.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleNezzy
The Nez
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#10325353 - 05/12/09 01:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've never been able to chew up fresh mushrooms ): The bitter explosion of juice always got to me. Why are fresh trips better? What is the difference in the feeling and also would a tea made with fresh mush differ from a tea made with dry mush (trip/feeling)?

--------------------
In fact, everything we encounter in this world with our six senses is an inkblot test.
You see what you are thinking and feeling, seldom what you are looking at.
Shiqin

Offlineflyingangle
Stranger
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: Nezzy]
    #10325468 - 05/12/09 02:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nezzy said:
I've never been able to chew up fresh mushrooms ): The bitter explosion of juice always got to me. Why are fresh trips better? What is the difference in the feeling and also would a tea made with fresh mush differ from a tea made with dry mush (trip/feeling)?

Ha thats funny, I never thought about the fact that fresh they could have enough liquid in them that it would squeeze out as you chew them, that sounds pretty bad.  I would imagine fresh they would be slightly more potent, other than that and maybe expectations of a different feeling from fresh might make you perceive the trip a little differently.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10326051 - 05/12/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's hard to make a tea infusion from something with a high moisture content(fresh mushrooms) Thats why making a blender smoothie is the best way to go.

Fresh is stronger because the psilocin(the other primary active besides psilocybin) in almost completely broken down in the drying process.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineKanker
Hides in tall grass
Male

Loc: On a Long dead-heart.
Re: 57g fresh mushrooms [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10326128 - 05/12/09 08:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol man, had some bad experiences eating the mega-caps, to crunch down into my sandwich, only to have the inside of the mushroom explode onto the back of my tounge, and licked me good.
like slime crawling around in my mouth.
so bad,
so good.

--------------------
I'm ahead, I'm advanced
I am the first mammal to make plans, yeah
I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire.
It's evolution baby.
-Pearl Jam

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

#10326211 - 05/12/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nezzy said:

They are better b/c fresh shrooms contain more psilocin than a dried shroom of equivalent size (10:1). On average 10 grams fresh would contain .79mg psilocin and 1g dried would contain 0.5mg psilocin. The psilocybin contents are almost identical. (this info comes from the dosage calculator)

The taste of freshies are much more pungent than there dried counterpart. I have tried eating them in applesauce to mask the texture with no luck. Like I said in my earlier post cinnamon/raisin bread/bagel is the best way I have come up with to not only cover the texture, but when cream cheese or frosting is added it also masks the flavor.

Blending with oj you can't really tell they are in there, but you end up with a frothy top layer that definitely tastes like mushroom. It is similar to the lemon tek in that your trip will be more intense but not last as long.

My next experiment with freshies I plan to try them in tomato soup. Contains citric acid as well as very strong flavor. Maybe even chili since it has more texture to it.

Invisiblepanaeolus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: º¶¥–¢¶
    #10328097 - 05/12/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i'v always just chowed down on em fresh,. i kind of like how they taste.

while munching i always get a feeling like i am eating ink., like my teeth will be stained purple as if i was chewing on a ball point pen.

plus, in my opinion,  its easier on your body if you eat them on a completely empty stomach.

:yoda2:

--------------------
øª¶•†ƒ¨√©µƒ∂´

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate