Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBulletoothTony
crazy mofo whenplaying with hisAK
Drum And Bass/Breakbeats
    #1031565 - 11/07/02 08:10 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have been reading this part of the trip tip forums and so far it seems like everyone is into Pink Floyd or beatles type of stuff. All i can say is , once you hear some good Drum N Bass you will be hooked on it from then on(well, at least I was ;p ). Whats kind of cool is before I tripped I NEVER even thought about listening to this type of music but one day when i was trippin nuts with some friends off some Gellies someone popped some good D&B in the CD player ...and WHAM! I was hooked :smile: I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW GOOD THIS SHIT IS TRIPPING !! check it out and youll be in for a surprise.  Examples of good  drum n bass music  :

-Dieselboy - fast paced with heavy bass / robotic type sounds and insanely amazing beats. check out some songs from the 6th session album

-Trip Theory - The name says it all. These guys made their music for people who are tripping.  A DEFINTE MUST. Sounds like breakbeats mixed with crazy space sounds

-AK1200- more fast paced D&B

Also download a song called "Man Of Steel". aphrodite has their own version although there are different versions - most of them sound amazing , esp if you ever liked superman as a kid ;D

The above are some of my favorites. I'd like to hear from anyone who can recommend some good drum n bass songs to download. Also, let me know if you downloaded this shit and tell me what you think. thats all , laters!

-Bulletooth Tony

Edited by BulletoothTony (11/07/02 08:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: BulletoothTony]
    #1032181 - 11/07/02 01:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

not sure if it truly falls into this genre, but try looking at Squarepusher, Aphex Twin, Autechre or anyone on warp records.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

Offlineshogun221
God in the Wired

Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: mikey_]
    #1032272 - 11/07/02 01:45 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Omni Trio is the king of Breakbeats

--------------------
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. ~FDR"

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1033320 - 11/07/02 06:58 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

There is some D 'n' B that I like, however I wouldn't say that I was "hooked" on it.  I usually find the music just too repetitive.  I do like some of their beats, but it's just too harsh and doesn't offer the melodic harmonies that most "played by the living" songs do. :cool:

AK1200 is allright, I really like: Drowning (drum & space remix) or their regular mix.

For strict drum & bass, I enjoy Out Cast's Protocol Roll (Mix 2)

and mikey_: Aphex Twin is ambient and Autechre is IDM.  I don't kno about Squarepusher.

I'll stick with my guitar riffs and solos though, and I'd probably prefer listening to trance over drum and bass in most cases if I'm chosing between music in the electronic genre.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: geokills]
    #1033336 - 11/07/02 07:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Aphex Twin does ambient as well as Drum & Bass (or 'Drill & Bass').

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineTaz_Khmer
Recovered andSober

#1033444 - 11/07/02 08:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, you can say that I am a big fan of DnB and Jungle. Going to see Diesel Boy perform this Saturday at the Nike Pavilion. If your around that area go check him out. It's going to be a big event. More info at Click Here! . Try listening to Keoki, "Ego Trip" next time when you trip. Keoki will make you trip you mind off! PEACE!!

OfflineBulletoothTony
Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: Taz_Khmer]
    #1035006 - 11/08/02 04:52 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

mmm...new music....absorbing... me likey! I've heard aphex before and yes they do kick ass. I'll need to check out the others. Im about to check that link that you left junglist dude, i would fucking love to see dieselboy live again. I saw him at this huge ass rave (cyberfest) a couple years back. anyway..stoned gotta go peace laters!

-Bulletooth Tony
Stoned as hell cant wait for these cakes to fruit

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
    #1035516 - 11/08/02 10:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

my all time favorites:

dillinja - acid track
ed rush & optical - shrinkwrap
ed rush - westway
fierce & fresh - innocence
total science - black ice

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: Jeroen198]
    #1036860 - 11/08/02 05:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i'm just listening to Photek - Form and Function, now and its fuckin brilliant. i suggest you check it out, or search for the song 'UFO'.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1036873 - 11/08/02 05:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I never got into drum and bass too much. But I love listening to it at parties when the bass just rumbles through my body. If you like drum and bass, check out
aphrodite - ready or not
and
outta space (dillinja remix)

Edited by Earth_Droid (11/08/02 05:40 PM)

OfflineBulletoothTony
Re: Drum And Bass/Breakbeats [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1037358 - 11/08/02 09:11 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nice, ill have to check those out too. My idea is too burn a couple CDs of trippy ass songs that I havent heard before. This way, when i hear them while im tripping you know its going to be FUCKING AMAZING !!!! so ya. any other suggestions? :smile:

-Bulletooth Tony

OfflineTaz_Khmer
Recovered andSober

#1038009 - 11/09/02 02:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I just checked that link that I had posted up earlier, I guess it did not show the headliners for that event. So, I am just going to post it here.

Liquified Planet @ The Nike Pavilion
Saturday November 9th 2002
Atlanta, GA

Liquified are pleased to announce our return to one of the best Venues Atlanta has ever seen, the infamous Nike Pavilion. In the past Liquified has hosted some of the most memorable events Atlanta has ever seen at the Nike Pavilion and now we are inviting everyone back for one LAST special night.

featuring......

SIMPLY JEFF
( Phonomental, Orbit Transmission, Electro Life, City Of Angels, BML, LA)
Simply Jeff was on the played at the very first nike party we ever threw so we felt it only fitting to have him back for this very special renuion night. Simply Jeff's name is known for the love of Breakbeat music. As a dj, Jeff plays an eclectic blend of Breaks which incorporate the many sub genres of Electronic music. From Funky Breaks to Housey Breaks, from Old School to Nu Skool, Simply Jeff dedicates the "Breakbeat sound" to the public every week while performing in clubs to massive events that reach to 40,000 in attendance. At the present time, Simply Jeff can be found djing at various clubs and events and working on many recording projects as well as working with some of today's top Electronica artist such as John Kelley, Donald Glaude, Bassbin Twins, Kelly Reverb to Dj Icey. Jeff is also well on the way to working with many cross-over artist such as Andrew Dice Clay, Snoop Doggy Dog and 80's dance stars Newcleus, Freestyle to Stacy Q. Stay tuned to Phonomental.com or Simplyjeff.com for future Simply Jeff appearances as well new tracks by the man himself.

DIESELBOY w/ MC J-MESSINIAN
(human, planetofthedrums, djdieselboy.com, philly)
DJ Dieselboy dubbed "America's finest" by The Risky, owner/editor of the British Drum 'n' Bass Arena Web site, has earned respect for fighting on the front lines of this American subcultural revolution since the early '90s, playing every major city and many in-between, and for his surgically precise and devastatingly dramatic mixing skills. Dieselboy, aka Damian Higgins, 28, shared the award for Best Drum 'n' Bass DJ with legendary British DJ/producer LTJ Bukem. His talent and likeness have made him the most popular jungle DJ in America." Called "The most in-demand American drum 'n' bass DJ on the planet" by DJ Times. Dieselboy's impeccable mixing skills consistently earn him gigs all over the world, from Hong Kong to Helsinki to Cape Town, South Africa. His success, the product of an intense work schedule ("I'm a workaholic," he sheepishly admits) and unparalleled devotion to developing the drum 'n' bass scene in America and overseas. Please welcome this Nike Pavilion veteran back to Atlanta as he rips it up once again at this infamous space!

DAVE RALPH
(kinetic, system recordsings, UK)
With one of the fullest and most impressive r?sum?s in dance music, Dave Ralph is also one of the most loved characters in the music industry. A dedicated music lover and enthusiastic supporter of the genre, Dave's track record in providing clubbers with great DJ sets, unforgettable club nights and quality vinyl have guaranteed Dave Ralph's place in the hearts of millions. His residencies around the country continue to thrive and studio projects are planned for early next year and he's currently working on plans to take a huge leap forward in his DJ sets with the introduction of more visual technology. Blown away by what he recently witnessed at a Rabbit In The Moon show, Dave is working on some visual computer technologies to incorporate into his sets, bringing projections and computer graphics to his DJ outings.

KAZELL
(liquified, spundae, LA)
Kazell (UK / Los Angeles) is a British transplant from Manchester, England. Since 1991, he has infected the American dance scene with his funky, tough grooves. Combining absolutely flawless mixing with impeccable track selection, he has been quick in drawing the attention of international talent, record executives, and critics alike. Blending waves of Electro-funk, House, Tribal-trance and Breaks, Kazell vibrates a soulful and spiritual frequency to every party. Slamming his percussive beats with angelic melodies, this demon on the turntables always hits that spot. As one of the Los Angeles's finest DJs, Kazell holds residencies at LA's mega-club Spundae as well as the legendary Liquified events. Having 13 years playing experience to his credit, Kazell was John Digweed's first choice for opening DJ at his Global Underground 019 CD recording at the Mayan theatre. Kazell has been playing alongside Sasha and John for years, first joining them in 1995 on their U.S. Northern Exposure Tour. Digweed recently chose Kazell to appear on his prestigious KISS FM Friday-night UK radio show.

MC J-MESSINIAN
(substitution, POTD, Philly)
Born in Los Angeles, California, James bounced around the country like a nomad eventually ending up in Philadelphia. He developed a love for MC??ing as a child from head-noddin?? to HipHop in oversized headphones and engaging in freestyle cyphers with other "staircase artists.?? His musical roots and influence range from Soul, Hip Hop, Latin percussion, Dancehall, and his mother Helena??s emotional piano and guitar sessions. He is currently a member of the Platinum crew (Dieselboy, Sine ,and Icon) and has a residency at Platinum-Philly??s premier Drum and Bass weekly. Messinian is also in a Hip Hop group called Perpetual Check with his Hip Hop partner from Trenton, NJ-- MC Famine. Look out for both Drum and Bass AND Hip Hop releases from him in the future.

ULISES
(guerillas of soul, atlanta)
If anyone's name is synonymous with high energy and just making you feel good , that name belongs to Ulises. Considered one of the mainstays in Atlanta's rich DJ environment, Ulises has rocked crowds time and time again Ulises' driving funky house and wicked funky break beat sound has set the standard in Atlanta for an undeniable vibe. He has played the main room for such high profile gigs such as Liquified Universe w/ Sasha, John Digweed and Rabbit in the Moon. Amongst his peers, ULISES is recognized as an extremely talented technical DJ, and impeccable record selector. This veteran of the turntables knows how to rock a crowd anytime and anyplace. When the percussion drops-make no mistake, resistance is futile-just take it to the dancefloor and get ready to have fun.

DJ SIKORA
( Iris, 20K Freaks, In The Gruv, Atlanta)
Sikora has really helped re-established the breaks movement in the Southeast. Franco D and Sikora are starting up a record label out of Atlanta called "In The Gruv". The label is going to help showcase talent from Atlanta and the Southeast.

DUDA
(playheavy, Atlanta)

INFORMATION:
- 18 and over welcome with ID
- Doors open at 9:00 pm
- Massive Sound
- Huge Outdoor area to cool off.
- lasers
- Full Decorations by Liquified
- Plenty of free giveaways

PRICES:
CAPACITY is LIMITED. Pre-sales are highly suggested in order to
insure entry.

$22 limited
$25 after

TICKET OUTLETS:
BEWARE OF FORGERIES
Buy tickets only from these stores
($1 surcharge at some locations)

Satellite (Atlanta) 404-880-9746
Alice's White Rabbit (Birmingham, AL) 205-918-0961
Alice's White Rabbit (panama city beach, FL) 850-233-0887
Big Apple Music: (Columbia, SC) - 803-798-7790
World Conspiracy: (Huntsville, AL) - 256-534-3198
Knee Deep: (Charlotte, NC) - 704-335-0442
Manifest: (Greenville, SC) - 864-232-1623

or ONLINE @ www.groovetickets.com

VENUE & DIRECTIONS:

THE NIKE PAVILLION - Located at 280 Luckie St. Atlanta, GA

From the North: I-85 or I-75, go south into downtown, come off North Ave. exit, turn right, go to the second light (Luckie St.), turn left. Venue is down one mile, the last building on the right.

From the South: Get to I-75, I-85, or I-20, go north into downtown, come off 10th and 14th St exit, turn right @ light, then right @ next light (Spring St.), go to 4th light (North Ave.), turn right, go to 3rd light (Luckie St.) turn left, follow as above.

PROMOTIONAL NETWORKING:
If you are interested in helping out with street promoting in your area and becoming part of the Liquified family please contact us at liquified_east@mindspring.com or call the info line and leave your name, number and where you live and someone will get back to you.

www.simplyjeff.com
www.djdieselboy.com
www.daveralph.com
www.liquified.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports