Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Tyvek Filter Bags
    #1030881 - 11/07/02 02:36 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I have recently obtained some 5ml polyurethane bags with a tyvek filter patch that I believe are for steralization of medical instruments. I was wondering if these are suitable for spawn bags and if the fact that it has a rather large tyvek filter would cause a problem (drying out, contams, etc). The tyvek patch is roughly 6 inches wide and 4 inches tall. Does this sound like it would work?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmashedMe
Stranger
Loc: Antarctica
Re: Tyvek Filter Bags [Re: z@z.com]
    #1030927 - 11/07/02 02:51 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I don't see how the tyvek would cause a problem. There is only one way to find out. Give it a try.

OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
Re: Tyvek Filter Bags [Re: z@z.com]
    #1030935 - 11/07/02 02:54 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

well, if your colonizing a bulk substrait it'd definatly work. If your going for grain, i dunno. like he said, only one way to find out. I would put them in a sealed container anyways to prevent drying out.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Tyvek Filter Bags [Re: Shaw]
    #1030960 - 11/07/02 03:10 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I was thinking about taping up part of the tyvek patch on the bags to prevent too much air exchange. How much do you think I should leave open? I was Planning on using them for grain by the way.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation