Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleArtVandaley
Stranger

Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: plainswalker]
    #10305406 - 05/07/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

plainswalker said:
Quote:

ArtVandaley said:
Has no one ever poached the sacred fungi from the wild here at the shroomery?
Did they get applauds for they're rare/not rare finds?
Has anyone here at the shroomery ever been banned for threads with pics of kilos of cubes, subs, amanita etc that was far more than they actually needed to take from the wild, were they frowned upon?
These shenanigans are confusing :ashamed: 

I totally agree with the no stealing from private gardens though:crankey:

Were those amanitas they picked endangered?  Is there a good chance that it took over a decade for those cubes to grow out?  And will it take that amount of time for another to replace them?

This rule is made primarily to 1) stop theft of plants (especially cacti) from private property, and 2) to not support theft of plants from the wild (especially slow-growing rare cacti).

I don't know if you understand this.  With mushrooms, you're talking just weeks and months, with cacti you're talking years and can easily be talking decades.  There's no comparison.

Oh so sorry, I was not aware that fungi were so abundant 12 months of the year in all parts of the world, silly me!
Also I suppose you have not witnessed an absolutely amazing area FULL of mushrooms diminish to a fraction of its size in less than 2 years due to dickheads over harvesting, I suppose those people think like you and believe they will keep coming back no matter what amount they take from the forest. :nonono:
I also believe that you do not understand this:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: ArtVandaley]
    #10305631 - 05/07/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ArtVandaley said:
Has no one ever poached the sacred fungi from the wild here at the shroomery?
Did they get applauds for they're rare/not rare finds?
Has anyone here at the shroomery ever been banned for threads with pics of kilos of cubes, subs, amanita etc that was far more than they actually needed to take from the wild, were they frowned upon?
These shenanigans are confusing :ashamed: 

I totally agree with the no stealing from private gardens though:crankey:

Quote:

PilzeEssen, in a way i agree, but i think we, here, are talking more of moral code rather than legal code.  we all know that various topics here are illegal, but not immoral.  but taking endangered species and stealing, like harvey says, is morally wrong by most people's standards and i think that is what uare is getting at with this rule.  i cant speak for him but i suspect that taking seeds/cuttings from abundant species in the wild or doing scientific research is not going to get a ban.  i frequently collect plant and animal samples for universities around the globe, although dont post that stuff here i doubt it would get me banned..(it wont right?)....

many people here know whats in need of protection and what is a weed.  steal someones weed plant, or go pick some peyote and we will likely all bitch at ya.  but if your collecting dandelion leaves for a salad for broom flowers for a brew i doubt anyone would give 2 shits in the sense of wrong doing (except for the fact dandelions taste like ass and your doing your taste buds a great injustice!)

ps.  why is a mushroom not a fruit in the sense it holds the means to further produce the specie and has an edible protection.  i thought in mush cult. guys always called their mature mushrooms fruits...no?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflinestonerkidofYH
Whippersnapper
Male User Gallery

Loc: hawaii
Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: ArtVandaley]
    #10305634 - 05/07/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

here in hawaii its called "ag-theft" like ya know agriculturaltheft

personally im all for it if youre
1.not going to far out of your way to get it
(sneaking in to yards is no good but if its just on the roadside go for it)
2. never take more then the plant can replenish

in other words if you just snap off a few clones from a huge specimen i dont see what the big freak out over "theft" is.

--------------------

"Thousands of young people,
They say they come for drugs, dirty dancing, and pounding techno music."

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: kadakuda]
    #10305653 - 05/07/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Oh so sorry, I was not aware that fungi were so abundant 12 months of the year in all parts of the world, silly me!
Also I suppose you have not witnessed an absolutely amazing area FULL of mushrooms diminish to a fraction of its size in less than 2 years due to dickheads over harvesting, I suppose those people think like you and believe they will keep coming back no matter what amount they take from the forest. :nonono:
I also believe that you do not understand this:tongue:

i saw this in places back home, more so with edibles.  maybe the mushroom hunters need to learn some more responsibility......  but it seems with magic mushrooms, although populations will decline, they bounce back, or can bounce back, really fast.  far far faster than most plants can.  plants are endangered usually because they are not capable of speedy reproduction and/or growth, something many harvested mushrooms are.

anyway this is the garden, we are green here.  if you are saying its not fair because mushroom hunters can do it all they like...i agree, they should be checking themselves :thumbup:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #10305816 - 05/08/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
mushrooms are a fungus, not a fruit.

There the fruit of the Mycelium...:smirk:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #10305817 - 05/08/09 12:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
Quote:

Dr. uarewotueat said:

Quote:

Poaching and theft of plants is illegal. Anyone who shows intent to do so or admits to taking plants from the wild, from a private property or public property without permission will be banned from the Ethnobotanical Garden Forum temporarily, if not permanently.

drug possession, preparation of cacti, extractions, etc, are all illegal also, but we openly discuss them and not get banned...

so just because "poaching" is illegal, we cant do it, and talk about it like that on here? im sorry but that is ridiculous. now the shroomery is imposing their morals on the people who frequent the boards... thats just fuckin crazy.

sounds like the statement of a cactus thief to me :rabble:

Quote:

kadakuda said:
we, here, are talking more of moral code rather than legal code.

:yesnod:
what kada said: it's morally wrong to be poaching plants from the wild and stealing plants from peoples yards and public property without permission.

also consider it in the context of this forum.
9 out of 10 posts where a user posted that they took a plant from a place without permission, it turns out to be a san pedro cactus (or what they thought was a san pedro) that they only want to use to get high.

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: New Rule For The Garden - No Poaching Or Stealing Of Plants. [Re: Brainiac]
    #10306672 - 05/08/09 05:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
mushrooms are a fungus, not a fruit.

There the fruit of the Mycelium...:smirk:

Yep, Picking fungi is to remove a small part of the mushroom, not the entire specimen.

Also that is not in the ethno garden, we the ethno mods decide the forum specific rules hereso how it works in another sub forum is not relevant.

This new rule is a good way to get rid of dumbasses that creates threads that in a matter of minutes becomes long flame-threads.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates