Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineratshit
mister

Loc: Africa down south
Where can I read up on the different trippiness per family / strain ?
    #10306257 - 05/08/09 04:26 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Jello,

In the past I might have tripped on bought dried shrooms 4 or 5 times, and may even have done about the same amount of LSD including some killer micro-dots. As I say, I might have, my memory and imagination get easily confused by questions from officials with legal powers.

I might even be growing some Psilocybe Cubensis from a store-bought spore print ... but then again I might not.

While I wait for my trip, I wanted to read up on the different types of trips and mind/mood effects that are produced by ingestion of different family / strains.

I'm aware that there is a huge range in the effects of various weed strains ... with results ranging from the energetic perk-me-up-and-fly-my-kite type down to the slam-dunk-me-into-the-couch variety.

Is there a similar range of effect and experience across shroom strains ?

And if so, what sort of variations ?

If I need pointing to an existing batch of info ... just give me directions to follow please.

As I progress from newbie-grower and amateur-schnacker towards grow-demon and fungi-connoisseur, I was wondering if it made sense to consider getting my hands on some other strains to complement my cubensis.

And if it did make sense, is there some kind of a spore-swop fraternity I could one day aspire to joining.

Just my idle thoughts for today ... expect more day-dreaming posts as I try to wait patiently for my 1st harvest.

Rich
Somewhere at the foot of Africa ...

--------------------
Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineretrospect
Re: Where can I read up on the different trippiness per family / strain ? [Re: ratshit]
    #10306275 - 05/08/09 04:29 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you cant cause there is no proven difference

you can take some golden teachers one day, and then take them another, and they would feel like completely different drugs.

if there is any noticeable difference, i highly doubt it could be recognized, simply because of the unpredictability of psychedelics.

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Where can I read up on the different trippiness per family / strain ? [Re: ratshit]
    #10306284 - 05/08/09 04:31 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, a lot of people say that some of the paneolus species are quite potent. I think their growth paremeters are a little more particular than psilocybe cubensis. I think most folks spawn them to poo.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #10306302 - 05/08/09 04:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

All mushrooms of the psilocybin family contain three active ingredients.

1.Psilocybin
2.Psilocin
3.Baeocystin

All psilocybin is metabolized into psilocin in the body before passing the blood brain barrier meaing they are the same. The third substances is never in high quantity in any psilocybin mushroom as far as Im aware and is under speculation on how much it really effects an experience which most people will say barely anything to nothing at all.

So to answer your question in short all psilocybin mushrooms are the same as far as experience goes.

Anyone who tells you differently is being confused by set and setting. Also my own theory is that if someone says O then why are the same strains always similair in experience its because 1 they are lying or two: being a psychoactive drug that greatly plays off the users subconscious/concious expecting that type of experience will probably give you that type of experience.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (05/08/09 04:42 AM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #10306307 - 05/08/09 04:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Cannabis is different though, Thats just because there are a large number of active substances in mj. I think its somewhere in the double if not triple digits but i cant quite remember. There is very little research on them and their effects.

--------------------

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Where can I read up on the different trippiness per family / strain ? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10306458 - 05/08/09 05:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Please refer to the FAQ at the top of this forum

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlineratshit
mister

Loc: Africa down south
Re: Where can I read up on the different trippiness per family / strain ? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #10325947 - 05/12/09 08:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks all ... makes sense now.

I guess that the best approach then is:

1. to concentrate on getting the best grow environmental conditions to get the size & yield up

and:

2. eat the shrooms powdered with a nice acidic enzymey chaser.

remembering:

3. to swop spores around with fellow growers to keep the gene pool from stalling

--------------------
Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience