Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJSshroom
dont be paranoid, just aware

Loc: I love that spore drop
Straw log pinning question
    #10293217 - 05/05/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok my logs were fully colonized on the shelf.  My FC was not finished being re-vamped.  So when pins formed I cut the logs open and misted them, then re-wrapped 3-4 times a day.  As the Mushrooms grew I would fan and mist and wrap the plastic back around them, but would use saran wrap to make the humidity tent less open.  After 4 days of this I got the chamber all glued back together and put it in there on full auto woo. 

The problem is that one of my 3 logs is pinning pretty decently.  The other two are very sparsely pinning.  I am wondering if I did something wrong or if maybe its the genetics. 

Also if I did something wrong unwrapping, fanning, and re-wrapping.  How are you supposed to fruit the logs without using an FC?

--------------------
First Grow No more carpet tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJSshroom

Re: Straw log pinning question [Re: JSshroom]
    #10294896 - 05/06/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

oh yeah.  I have always put them immediately in the FC so I was wondering if only getting aired out 2-4 times a day could be the problem...That or if I over misted the logs. I used a misty mate and gave them a slow sweeping motion.  They were not drenched by any means.  should I have only misted the plastic and re-wrapped them?

--------------------

Offlinesillycibe
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10295118 - 05/06/09 03:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well, it's sounding like you have done the best you can, with what you had.

I am assuming this is all multispore and no isolation or cloning has taken place???

if so then that's why some are pinning better then others.

Don't discount the other logs, because next flush, their genetics could go from sparse, to kick you in your balls go buy three dehydrators GOOD.

If you have your new FC's running, you should obviously transfer to that, and FAE is your BEST friend.

here is a "not so shotgun chamber" with straw blocks of PENIS envy and it's from multispore

I am in NO way trying to hijack your thread, I am just showing you, that while my straw blocks are probably different then your straw LOGS, but the thing is, it's straw, so basically it's the same thing, and, in the right environment, it will work, mine is basically RR's shotgun terrarium, MINUS THE HOLES.... Manuaaly faned every so often, these PE liked co2 alot.

the apes we have colonizing aer doing wonderful

OfflineJSshroom

Re: Straw log pinning question [Re: sillycibe]
    #10300706 - 05/07/09 03:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah its the dreaded MS.  I have been doing this long enough I really dont have much excuse for not having finished my flowhood as I have it almost done and most of the supplies to do isolation except plates.  Did you notice a rise in fruiting when you fanned less.  I was under the impression that FAE was your best friend.  I did not think you were hijacking the thread.  I like straw a lot and it seems like RR for the most part is the only one that reply's so its actually refreshing.  I have them in the FC now but have discovered a possibly critical construction error in the intake placement so I am gonna take pics and post that stuff probably when I get up tomorrow.

--------------------

Offlineoverman
Stranger
Male

Loc: Okla
Re: Straw log pinning question [Re: sillycibe]
    #10300819 - 05/07/09 04:55 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sillycibe said:
...mine is basically RR's shotgun terrarium, MINUS THE HOLES....

Lol, so it's a plastic tub.:)

OfflineJSshroom

Re: Straw log pinning question [Re: overman]
    #10302742 - 05/07/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

lol

--------------------

OfflineJSshroom

#10302761 - 05/07/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

one more question off topic...would a shotgun terrarium work better for cubes then a tote and fanning.  Is there any information that would lead to the PE or other strains desiring more C02

--------------------

Offlinesillycibe
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10304342 - 05/07/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JSshroom said:
one more question off topic...would a shotgun terrarium work better for cubes then a tote and fanning.  Is there any information that would lead to the PE or other strains desiring more C02

About the PE being more co2 tolerant,

that is just MY observation JSshroom. I don't think it's hard data that's been scientifically proven, but all the PE's ive seen done in bags, or in tubs, are better then PE's done in martha's with trays.

and i have a martha, and i've done trays, and i prefer PE's in bags, and in tubs, because a) they get more dense b) they get larger c) they APPARENTLY like co2.

the only way to know, is try it yourself.

it's not hard scientific data that pe is more co2 tolerant.

but forum search "pe co2 tolerance" and see what returns you get.

Overman:

ahahah yeah, it's just a plastic tub, BUT, like RR's chamber, it has 4-6 inches of wet perlite in it to provide near 100% rH.

i like pe in bags, here is some in a bag,

I had dry ounces, that were all of 4 big PE's coz the co2 caused them to be more dense, unless that was just a trait from my isolate, i don't know:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies