Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
San Pedro Alcohol Extraction Question
    #10214945 - 04/22/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Does it matter if the outer skin is still intact during an alcohol extraction on San Pedro?  I put my cactus slices in the freezer to break down the cell walls, then let it dry without peeling off the skins first, thinking it might be easier to do it once it's dry.  Now my cactus is all shriveled and the skin is much harder to remove.  I might be able to scrape the goodies off, but it would be easier to just add the skins to the extraction them filter them out later.  Any thoughts?

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: San Pedro Alcohol Extraction Question [Re: envisionary333]
    #10215546 - 04/22/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

grind it into a powder in a coffee grinder. You could leave the spines even

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: San Pedro Alcohol Extraction Question [Re: cpw1971]
    #10297162 - 05/06/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I thought skin was the most potent part.:tongue:

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: San Pedro Alcohol Extraction Question [Re: King Koopa]
    #10297239 - 05/06/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I meant just the waxy outer layer, which I have read contains no mescaline and only contributes to the nausea.  The dark green layer underneath the waxy skin is where the goodies are at!

Well, since this thread has now been revived I think I'll throw in a few more questions...  I now have 82 grams of fully dry, dark green San Pedro cactus pieces- just the potent parts, not the white sections or the core.  How much should I take to trip really hard?  I've had way too many mild trips on cactus from not being able to get enough down, so this time I want to get the full extent of the effects.  I'm tripping with a friend who gets scared even on weed, so she needs a low dose- maybe 20 grams for her, and I'll do the remaining 62 grams?  Lol, it's quite funny because I always take way more than she does, then I still have to be the trip guide and watch out for her the whole time!  I don't mind though, we always have lots of fun.  I'm very excited because I'm way overdue for a healing journey.  :smile:

(By the way, I'm using the original weight in grams as a guide for what will be left after I do the alcohol extraction.  We will be consuming far less material than the original dry weight, if all goes well.)

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom