Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) * 1
    #10295643 - 05/06/09 07:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Open letter to Dr. Alexander Shulgin
(mdma: a cure for herpes?)

Dear Dr. Shulgin:

Although many times we have thought of writing to you, this is the very first time we think it really mandatory to do so due to the fact that we just had an unexplainable, and possibly very important, experience that may help millions around the world who are infected by the herpes virus. We know you are a scientist and that scientists need facts, so here we go with the detailed facts.

For now, let’s assume that my name is Mini. I am a 42 years old male who has dedicated most of his life to writing and publishing with notable success. After being a “say no to drugs” guy for almost 30 years, there came a moment when I realized that most of the official info on drugs was false (it took me very long, I know). I then started a personal search that took me almost 6 years of research before I ingested anything. I read practically everything I could lay my hands on the subject of drugs, including most of the big names (Schultes, Hoffman, Evans, Wasson, Escohotado, Ott, your monumental Pihkal and Tihkal, and many authors like Leary, McKenna, Lilly). As I already stated, it took me around six years to get started on the road of psychonautic exploration. So far I have experimented, always in private and serious fashion, with Morning Glory, Amanita Muscaria, Psilocybe Cubensis, San Pedro, Peyote, a self made Ayahuasca brew, Yopo, Marijuana, LSD, DOB, DXM, and of course MDMA. After all this experiences, I consider myself a very happy man, much better than the one that used to “say no” instead of saying “know”. During most of this time, I was divorced until two years ago, when I found the love of my life (let´s call her Feline) and fellow psychonaut, with whom I got married. When I met her, she hadn´t allowed herself even a puff of weed. She is a 50 years old overachiever lawyer with a PhD, having studied in the USA, France, etc. She has experienced the true wonders of MDMA, LSD, DOB, Psilocybe cubensis and marijuana. We both consider that we are living the most plentiful and satisfying time of our lives: we are in love, we are financially well off; in short, we keep growing everyday with each others help.

And now an essential fact: Feline had been infected with herpes virus some 10 years ago. Since then, she has had four outbursts, in the thigh, just above the knee, with the usual inflamation, redness, pain and the classical white greenish blisters that go along with the infection. I, Mini, never had any sexually transmitted disease appart from a gonorrhea that was taken care of by an urologist when I was 20 years old. Feline didn´t identified the first and second outbursts with herpes; the third one we did and, consequently, we were waiting for me to get my first herpes crisis. And then it happened, sir.

It was April the 27th 2009. Feline felt some pain in her thigh and we knew her fourth herpes crisis had started. Three days later, all the usual stuff was there: the pain, the blisters, the redness, the inflamation... Her doctor told her not to take any of the usual prescription drugs due to their ultimate uneffectiveness, and recommended a mixture of ethyl alcohol with iodine, which she used in her previous crisis. Coincidentally, I decided to make a marijuana tincture (for recreational purposes) the very same day that she told me that nobody wanted to sell her ethyl alcohol without a prescription (our authorities are as stupid as they are worldwide). “What a heck”, I thought and ask her to give a try to the tincture. I knew there was no way that the 96 grade ethyl alcohol and marijuana tincture could hep with the viral infection, but we knew the inflamation and the pain may subside. That very day (April the 30th), my first herpes outburst presented itself, in the genital area. We both applied the tincture for two days, three times a day, with happy results regarding the pain and inflamation, but the blisters were worst than ever, specially on Feline. Her pustules were practically ready to burst, with a whitish color and a black point at the tip of some pustules. My pustules were smaller and the skin, being thinner in the area that afected me, Mini, tended to break faster, so that my outburst, although being there for sure, was not comparable to hers. On Saturday, May 2, around 3 o’clock in the afternoon, we decided to trip on MDMA without the slightest idea of what was about to happen. For your information, our dealer, maybe the best and most sophisticated in my country, sold us the substance in excepcionally pure (and expensive) cristal form, so I decided to dose according to what fitted in a 100 mg. capsule tipically used for MDMA. I don´t know for sure, but we took somewhere between 130-170 mg. I apologize for being so careless about the dose, but given the fact that we had previously tried the batch with perfect results two times (effects by the book, the best we had had in our history of MDMA use), and that, as I already stated, we were longing for a deep loving experience and nothing further, we preceeded with this inexact dose. After two hours, we were engaged in a profound conversation about art in our roof garden when I, Mini, casually took a glimpse of Feline’s leg (she was wearing shorts) and I couldn’t believed what I saw: absolutely no blisters. Where there were pustules, now there was nothing but the clean scabs; the inflamation had almost come to cero and the skin was already healing. Dumbfounded, I pointed to Feline’s leg and her jaw dropped as mine just did. “This is a prodigy, Feline.” “It is.” A double prodigy, I must say, for my infection was also miracoulsly cured in the same way. My swelling crotch ganglion and the sore itself were almost gone.  We took some photographs of her healing herpes sore and we continued to do so until today. Both infections, her’s and mine, are history.

There is absolutely no bullshit in this lines, sir. I simply wouldn´t dare to waste your time. This is what happened. These are the facts. Science must investigate this case for the sake of millions that are affected by herpes without much hope. You can count yourself as one of the men that we most admire in the whole world; we trust you and Ann nevertheless we have never had the great honor of meeting you. That is why I wrote this letter to you. I will post this very same text in Erowid, in ICMag and in shroomery.org. because we know you are no longer answering any comments in your webpage.You must know about this. People must know. Something has to be done, and we thought of you.

God bless you, sir. 

mdma-herpes@hotmail.com

Edited by Nostromo (05/07/09 03:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Nostromo] * 1
    #10295805 - 05/06/09 08:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think MDMA spread more herpes than it cured...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #10295813 - 05/06/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
I think MDMA spread more herpes than it cured...

:grin::thumbup:

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10295872 - 05/06/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Until today. You will see.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#10295906 - 05/06/09 09:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Can't read a solid block of text like that.

What's wrong with paragraphs? There's no tax on using the enter button you know.

--------------------

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #10295918 - 05/06/09 09:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Is that all you have to say? Thank you anyway. (The untaxed "enters" are there, if you take a close look; you may be refering to the indents, which dissapeared when pasting.)

Edited by Nostromo (05/06/09 09:21 AM)

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#10296018 - 05/06/09 09:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i've heard something like 80% of people have herpes before they die. my doctor told me he wouldn't even test me because it made no difference.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: dummy] * 1
    #10296187 - 05/06/09 10:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That may well be the case; the problem starts when the virus manifiests itself. The pain and unconfortness is not a joke.

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

#10296814 - 05/06/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i guess it depends on what you have. i have simplex 1 or a or whatever and get a cold sore on my lip if i experience a major temperature change or something of the sort. it's pretty uncomfortable and embarrassing since there is a major stigma associated with it. but i take there pills and never really get cold sores, so that's awesome. i really couldn't relate to the second sort of herpes though. for the record, i've had mdma, still have herpes.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: dummy] * 1
    #10296855 - 05/06/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Dummy: of course you are right. The point is that, for whatever the reason, it stopped the infection (meaning the crisis, not herpes per se) in less than 2 hours, and with cicatrization ongoing. Of course I am not stating that it eliminated the virus, but it did eliminate the sympthoms. It would be interesting that, if you happen to have another herpes sore, you might experiment with this.

Edited by Nostromo (05/06/09 12:53 PM)

OfflineMrHankyTheXmsPoo
Tripper
Male

#10296894 - 05/06/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well, i find this pretty interesting... if i ever end up with the virus..god i hope not... but im definitely going to have to test this out it i do.

Good luck guys

--------------------
If a firefighters business can go up in smoke, and a plumbers business can go down the drain, can a hooker get layed off?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: MrHankyTheXmsPoo] * 1
    #10297010 - 05/06/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Asante] * 1
    #10297018 - 05/06/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

LSD cures AIDS!

I think psychedelics can interact with the physical realm, but before i believe it on this level i'd like to see some science involved.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #10297965 - 05/06/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If you knew anything at all regarding viral infections (generally) and herpes virus specifically, you would realize that this assertion regarding a "cure" is wishful thinking at best.

Sorry...but this anecdotal report in ONE individual (presumably previously diagnosed via culture) is utterly insufficient evidence to even warrant further investigation.

FYI, Dr. Shulgin is a wonderful chemist, but he'll be the first to tell you, in all intellectual honesty, that he is the wrong party to receive or comment on your "cure."  I'm willing to bet he has no opinion within a reasonable degree of medical certainty (especially since he is not an MD) that the foregoing has any scientific, medical or practical validity or importance.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Nature Boy] * 1
    #10301253 - 05/07/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Do you know me, Nature Boy? Please pay attention: the "cure" part is an interrogation. I do know about viruses, and believe me, I am no idiot. I NEVER said MDMA cures herpes. I just presented the facts that, believe it or not, took place. I know who is Shulgin, and I do know that he is no medical doctor. By the way: I don´t know any reputed scientist (whatever the speciality may be) that is interested in MDMA research. It could be that your country is full of them; mine isn´t. That is why I directed the letter to the man himself. I never thought the man could or would do anything by himself, but people would read, as you did. That´s all I wanted because I want to help my fellows. MDMA cured our outbursts, not the virus itself. Do you really think it is not worth researching? By the way: do you know that many, many, many discoveries started from a simple observation that turned into something entirely different after research? I know that one anecdotical experience is insufficient evidence; let´s see if someone can replicate the facts. That´s all. Is that so very wrong? Ah... as Dryden said, when critics don´t find mistakes, they commit them. And please, nature boy: do not confuse the form (an open letter) with the essence of the matter.

Edited by Nostromo (05/07/09 09:49 AM)

Offlinebriant230
Male User Gallery

#10301306 - 05/07/09 08:14 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think people would have taken you a lot more seriously if you didn't say a cure for herpes? in your title. Yea it might have helped your outbreak or w/e, But it happened once and only to you two. its not like you've done it several times or even replicated it once. Would have been better if you just said the deal instead of writing a no paragraph "letter" to Shulgin about how that one time you rolled face and your herps went away too.

Invisiblejds

Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: Visionary Tools] * 1
    #10301358 - 05/07/09 08:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Can't read a solid block of text like that.

What's wrong with paragraphs? There's no tax on using the enter button you know.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: jds] * 1
    #10301375 - 05/07/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think that MAPS (multidisciplinary association of psychedelic studies) would be a better party to inform with something like this.

--------------------

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Open letter to Dr. Shulgin (a cure for herpes?) [Re: jds] * 1
    #10301405 - 05/07/09 08:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You may be right, Briant230. In the end, what I wrote is exactly what you suggest: a chronicle of "that one time I rolled face and my herps went away too". I don´t know why we keep discussing the form and not the core. Please read my previous post: I KNOW that one swallow does not make a summer. And last, I don´t care if people takes me seriously, specially in this kind of forum (anonymity, I mean). I care for the people that can benefit from my experience (if the results can be replicated). Remember it happened to two persons at the same time. Interesting, don't you think?

Edited by Nostromo (05/07/09 09:01 AM)

OfflineNostromo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10301418 - 05/07/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

At last! Thank you LightShedder. That is exactly the kind of information that I am longing for. You are right. I never thought about MAPS, but I will contact them. All the best.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules