Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the bird [Re: johnm214]
    #10291948 - 05/05/09 07:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

Seuss said:
It does, via the Supremacy Clause (US Constitution Article VI, section 2).  You are correct, I misspoke above.

Only for laws they can pass and enforce.  If they have no power to enforce the laws they have no power to assert their supremacy.

Guns made in Montana and sold in montana are not interstate commerce, and therefore their is no reason for the feds to have jurisdiction to regulate the transaction.

And I don't think you mispoke.

It doesn't contradict to make something legal or something (didn't read all the bill) legal while federal law makes it legal.

All it does is say we don't have this law, how is that contradictory?

so if a state were to allow citizens to grow and sell medical marijuana in state, it would not be breaking federal law? I'm a tad confused why this wouldn't apply, as i'm sure it doesn't

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCowFarmer
Moo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the bird [Re: Deekay]
    #10292194 - 05/05/09 08:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

so if a state were to allow citizens to grow and sell medical marijuana in state, it would not be breaking federal law? I'm a tad confused why this wouldn't apply, as i'm sure it doesn't

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
...Important Points ­ If guns and ammunition are manufactured inside the State of Montana for sale and use inside that state then the federal firearms laws have no applicability since the federal government only has the power to control commerce across state lines. Montana has the law on their side. Since when did the USA start following their own laws especially the constitution of the USA, the very document that empowers the USA.

Prepared by Montana Legislative Services
(406) 444-3064
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the b [Re: CowFarmer]
    #10293321 - 05/05/09 10:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No, it would be breaking federal law.  In the case of marijuana, I think it's because of that really stupid Supreme Court ruling a few years ago that said something like "Just because marijuana can be a interstate commodity, then feds have jurisdiction over states regardless of whether or not the substance actually crossed state lines.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the bird [Re: Deekay]
    #10293572 - 05/05/09 11:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Deekay said:
Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

Seuss said:
It does, via the Supremacy Clause (US Constitution Article VI, section 2).  You are correct, I misspoke above.

Only for laws they can pass and enforce.  If they have no power to enforce the laws they have no power to assert their supremacy.

Guns made in Montana and sold in montana are not interstate commerce, and therefore their is no reason for the feds to have jurisdiction to regulate the transaction.

And I don't think you mispoke.

It doesn't contradict to make something legal or something (didn't read all the bill) legal while federal law makes it legal.

All it does is say we don't have this law, how is that contradictory?

What is "it"?

Its not the conflict that has to be of conflicting legality but the law.

The states are under no duty to enforce federal law, they may decide to legalize something if they want.

Allowing people to grow and sell marijuana doesn't conflict with federal law.  Doing the activity does, and same with this law.

Of course not really, only under the bullshit present law.  Under a plain reading of the constitution their is no right of the federal government to regulate interstate marijuana/gun stuff.

Especially now that it is settled that you have an individual right to keep and bear arms, their is no justification for the federal regulation except the bullshit commerce clause interpretation.

If the conservatives weren't all fucking pussies and idiots they'd fight this.  But they are, and they really don't mean shit when they talk about federalism.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the b [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #10293596 - 05/05/09 11:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
No, it would be breaking federal law.  In the case of marijuana, I think it's because of that really stupid Supreme Court ruling a few years ago that said something like "Just because marijuana can be a interstate commodity, then feds have jurisdiction over states regardless of whether or not the substance actually crossed state lines.

Translation:  One big steaming heap of bullshit.

--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

OfflineMr.Al
Alphabet soup
Male

Loc: N.S.A. D.C.
Re: Montanta to supercede federal gun regs, allow any type of firearm made in state, give feds the b [Re: TGRR]
    #10323723 - 05/11/09 08:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

campaignforliberty.com%2Findex.php%3Fblogpage%3D1&feature=player_embedded

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies