Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerovert
Slow Down
Male User Gallery

casing my cake
    #10287995 - 05/05/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well i  just cased one of my cakes in a small tupperware container and i need to know if i should keep it in the dark for a few days or go straight into the fruiting chamber? and once mycelium starts popping through  do i cover it back up toget an even pinset or what.somone help please.

--------------------
Treasure Every Moment

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: casing my cake [Re: rovert]
    #10288019 - 05/05/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Did you case it or did you spawn it to bulk? ie. what ingredients did you use and how did you do it?

Invisiblexrommy
portable back garden

Folding@home Statistics
    #10288033 - 05/05/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rovert said:
Well i  just cased one of my cakes in a small tupperware container and i need to know if i should keep it in the dark for a few days or go straight into the fruiting chamber? and once mycelium starts popping through  do i cover it back up toget an even pinset or what.somone help please.

leave it until you see mycelium coming up through casing layer evenly, patch if needed.  then expose.

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: casing my cake [Re: xrommy]
    #10288049 - 05/05/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If it's a casing layer, you can just fruit it now, if it's a substrate you need to wait for colonization. This is why I don't like when people call substrates 'casings'... :rolleyes:

OfflineDudester67
eat a dick win a pony
Re: casing my cake [Re: Shroominit]
    #10288148 - 05/05/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroominit said:This is why I don't like when people call substrates 'casings'... :rolleyes:

I think he's clearly describing a casing.

Rovert, cover it with aluminum foil (with a few tiny holes punched) and let it sit in the dark for 3-4 days.  Then lift the foil to check on it and if you see mycelium poking through in a few different spots you can move it into the fruiting environment (and patch if you wish).  If you don't see enough (or any) mycelium poking through, keep it covered for another day or two and then fruit.

You can look up "Hyphae's Pinning Strategy" for more tips.  Good luck.

Edited by Dudester67 (05/05/09 01:25 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: casing my cake [Re: Dudester67]
    #10288807 - 05/05/09 07:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You dont need any holes in the foil, the foil lid wont seal the tray. So gas exchange will still happen. And you dont have to store it in the dark either.

leave it like that for a few days, to allow the mycelium to repair the network.

what kind of casing layer did you use>?

Personaly i think straight casing cakes is pointless. Just dunk, then roll your cakes in vermiculite, casing layer without subjecting your cakes to stress of being shredded and having to recolinise

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinerovert
Slow Down
Male User Gallery

Re: casing my cake [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10290687 - 05/05/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well somone told me that just casing in vermiculite would help so thats what im using..i dont now ifthats a  substrate or just a casing..??..

--------------------
Treasure Every Moment

Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the middle of nowhere
    #10290785 - 05/05/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

just let it grow , don't patch or do anything else , the capacity of cake is known and limited , you just make the process taking longer , if you have cakes ,  just birth them as they are . Peace

--------------------
In my own summer , there is no crowd in the streets and no sun...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate