Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
Zendik: creepy hermit salesmen
    #1029013 - 11/06/02 06:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I bought one of thier magazines, Zendik Arts. They hail from North Carolina where they raise goats, make music, and publish magazines in a communal living environment. The magazine is nothing special. The saleswo/man approaches, offers hir wares with little to no explanation and promptly leaves. I have never had a conversation with one of these people, they just sell the magazines and move on. Thier "leader", Wulf, espouses a homemade philosophy, Creavolution, and the whole philosophy of the group seems to be earth friendly. But i can't help feeling like these people are cultists. Somethings from the magazine: interviews with members of the group, artwork, fiction, advertisement for the Zendik video magazine, an offer to visit Zendik Farm and tend goats and whatver. They also have a CD. The only problem with all of this is....where are they going with all of this? Should everyone come live on the Zendik farm? will there be enough goats? most of the prose, poetry, and art is pretty aimless, directionles creative expression, it expresses trite sentiments of environmental friendliness and love, or a "humorous" comic about staving off apathy on the Titanic. They come off as a group of retro-hippies setting up a final outpost in the desert of the real or highschool kids having fun in the timeless eternity of public education. It's easy to dismiss them as silly, but they do seem to be doing something REAL. Has anyone ran into these people? Opinions?

All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Zendik: creepy hermit salesmen [Re: vaporbrains]
    #1030586 - 11/07/02 01:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wulf is dead. They're dirty hippies who disapprove of masturbation (something about "vital energies").

They're full of shit and their art isn't groundbreaking.
But at least they made me laugh.

Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology