Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10289253 - 05/05/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:
melatonin- love this but not sure if it is sexually healthy and I heard it can shrink your balls  or something :shrug:

Oh gawwwwd yellow 5!:rolleyes:

someone posted this recently ina  melatonin thread from a doctor's book or something :shrug:  I did take a drop of melatonin last night though :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10289591 - 05/05/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hope that's not true! I usually use tylonal PM, sometimes with 3mg melotonin. I'd like to stop using the tylonal because it's probably not the healthiest thing to be taking nightly, but nothing else does the trick for me. I exercise 3 times a week and eat healthily but damned if I don't toss and turn for a full hour or more if I don't take tylonal PM. I've even tried taking ambien two times with no luck.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: skatealex2]
    #10289740 - 05/05/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There are many different reasons people have sleep problems. Medicine may work for one person but not another because everyone is different. What you need to do is to learn more about your specific sleeping problem. Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you have trouble staying asleep? Do you have racy thoughts before sleep? Do you wake up groggy even after a good sleep? I could go on.

All my life I have suffered from bad insomnia. A year back I went through an 8 month period where I could not fall asleep. My body and mind was so exhausted, yet my mind just would not shut down. I would try to go to sleep around 2AM when I was tired,and toss and turn all night until the morning.The whole time my mind was racing and bouncing everywhere. if I was lucky,I would get a few hours of sleep, after my mind couldn't take anymore torture. this affected my waking life too. It was making me go insane. No medications were working, and I tried EVERYTHING.

So basically what I am trying to get to is that you gotta find your own method. The best way to doing this is to looking into your personal sleeping problems, find out what type you may have and go from there.you need to find a medicine that works for you. I have a medication for ambien. It is the only medication that works and it STILL only works sometimes. I only take it when I need it. I found out the best thing for me was to play an audio lecture. The less interested I am in the subject the better. even though I still have some sleeping problems, it never be as bad as it was!!! I cannot say I am a DR or anything, but because of my own life-long struggle with insomnia, I learned a great deal about it. There are so many different methods to look into... from herbs and medication do self hypnosis and meditation. If anyone has any questions I will try and help:thumbup:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: danlennon3]
    #10289983 - 05/05/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

light cardio followed by a warm shower and some good stretching will knock you out in no time flat

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Uh-oh!
 User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: suburbanned]
    #10289995 - 05/05/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Opiates.
Nuff said.

--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #10290051 - 05/05/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think tooooooo much and usually sleep best after smoking nice indicas, but I am stopping that.  I'm not the worst sleeper- but I think I may have insomnia to some extent because I am always up till really late hours- anywhere between 2am and 6am on a regular basis......

I actually notice that my best sleeps are on the days that I go skateboarding........ maybe I just gotta start exercising daily.... but I love going to sleep under the influence of sleep meds because it is relaxing and much easier....

ambien is awesome but that isn't over the counter and obviously can't be taken regularly :heresjohnny:

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: deCypher]
    #10290171 - 05/05/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

skatealex2 said:
melatonin- love this but not sure if it is sexually healthy and I heard it can shrink your balls  or something :shrug:

lolwut

If you have any sources for these assertions I'd love to see 'em; as far as I know the only problem with taking melatonin is that it can screw up your sleep cycle if you take it at the wrong time of day.

You're missing L-tryptophan on your list, too.  Personally I never get excessive urination from Valerian root but then again I just take the extract in pill form and have never brewed the tea.  Melatonin or Valerian usually does me fine.

L-trytophan metabolizes into serotonin which metabolizes into melatonin. So no, there is not a natural chemical in your brain causing your balls to shrink. Only yellow #5 in mountdew causes balls to shrink! :facepalm:

Offlinedruqs Happy Birthday!
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: wireless]
    #10290187 - 05/05/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

kratom

OfflineTLC
silly me
Female

Loc: WA
Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10290238 - 05/05/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

An herb I use to help with relaxing and sleeping is Valerian RT, you can find it at any good tea shops, It smells like feet and does tast about the same, so I mix it with a sort of mint like herb blend.
Works well, Just mix it as strong as you need.

--------------------

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Uh-oh!
 User Gallery

Re: Best sleeping medicine's that aren't melatonin or cannabis? [Re: TLC]
    #10290280 - 05/05/09 01:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

But, as with most apothecary chest medicines, herbs dont affect those that drink copius amounts of caffeine, regular alcohol consumer, etc....

I was an herbalist for years, but never felt the effect of phu, or valerian. Now Ginseng on the other hand, is my crack, lol.

--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals