Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: how can athiests exist? [Re: mad_cow]
    #10285662 - 05/04/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
It means that identification with one's beliefs is an inferior method for finding truth.  Dispassionately welcome any and all criticism; what does not kill your ideologies only makes them stronger.

Punching bricks makes your bones stronger. Go do that.

Only if you substitute faulty beliefs for the bricks.  :grin:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

Re: how can athiests exist? [Re: Poid]
    #10285665 - 05/04/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Poid said:
Why do that when calcium supplements will do the trick? :tongue:

Your bones are like honeycombs, martial artists punch brick to break the cells resulting in a much denser bone. It is much better than calcium supplements.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10285675 - 05/04/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for that little tidbit of information! :super:

I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't know what to say. :tongue:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10285697 - 05/04/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

mad_cow said:
I already know which side is correct. I am not curious about what makes an atheist tick.

Such iron-clad certainty.  Always good to see dogma superior to rationality.

Assumptions, you know what they say about that don't you? I have no dogma and am rational. Try again.

Sums up the thread pretty completely.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

Re: how can athiests exist? [Re: laserpig]
    #10285730 - 05/04/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Personalisms such as You three are assholes. are not allowed in P&S.

That sums up the thread.

Edited by deCypher (05/04/09 06:59 PM)

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: how can athiests exist? [Re: johnm214]
    #10285773 - 05/04/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well this thread sure got fagged up.

Quote:

deCypher said:

Quote:

mad_cow said:
You want to tear me apart. :whatever:

Again with this ego-identification.  We seek to tear apart your beliefs and not you.

Indeed.  It is amazing how transparently offended people will get at discussion of their ideas.

Why the hell does anyone need to have their beliefs validated anyways?  I believe in god and don't pretend I can ever find logical support for such.  Who gives a shit.  Do you people have a fit if you can't deduce who to love?  There's no reason you have to be totally logical, just don't claim shit that ain't so.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10285791 - 05/04/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sure, but you shouldn't come into P&S unless you want to have a logical debate, and you shouldn't react negatively to people here who want just that.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

#10285842 - 05/04/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

There are no real atheists here. Just a bunch of people bitter about their christian upbringing. All lead by the court jester.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10285862 - 05/04/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

mad_cow, please stop. you're clearly taking this personally, and none of us want that. you're also starting to attack us personally, which is not cool. and no, i was raised atheist actually. i've got no axe to grind.

Quote:

johnm214 said:
It is amazing how transparently offended people will get at discussion of their ideas.

Agreed.

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Why the hell does anyone need to have their beliefs validated anyways?

Personally? It's damn good sport. What's more fun than evaluating your worldview? For me, not much. 

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I believe in god and don't pretend I can ever find logical support for such.  Who gives a shit.  Do you people have a fit if you can't deduce who to love?  There's no reason you have to be totally logical, just don't claim shit that ain't so.

But things which are logical are so, and things which ain't logical ain't so. That's the distinction. Logic lets us know what's real and what isn't. At least that's how I define my world.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10285874 - 05/04/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was brought up as a Roman Catholic, then at 14 I realized that since I only believed in God "just in case", I don't actually believe in him.

Then I asked myself and the rest of the world, "WTF is God? :confused:", and I never receive the same answer.

I am neither a theist, atheist, or whatever, I just simply am. :levitate:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #10285881 - 05/04/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Sure, but you shouldn't come into P&S unless you want to have a logical debate, and you shouldn't react negatively to people here who want just that.

Yeah, like i said, I agree with decypher's amazement at how personal people take shit and how silly it is to want validation of your belief in god when it should be plain its totally unaproachable.

I mean who is getting that pissed off because someone doesn't think like they do and tells them so?  Wholly shit, what an outrage.  My world is collapsing cuz someone doesn't think like me.

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

#10285884 - 05/04/09 07:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

How could having my beliefs called delusional and irrational possibly offend me?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10285889 - 05/04/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I love making others feel cognitively dissonant! :wink:

....but it doesn't feel so good when others make me feel that way...:sad:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#10285895 - 05/04/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:
How could having my beliefs called delusional and irrational possibly offend me?

If you ACTIVELY REFUSE TO USE RATIONALITY to back up your points, you have no right to be surprised when someone calls them irrational.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10285897 - 05/04/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:

Many possible ways, however, you're the only person here who knows for a fact how you feel about having your beliefs criticized.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10285899 - 05/04/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:

Quote:

If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.

--------------------

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

#10285912 - 05/04/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:

Yeah, like i said, I agree with decypher's amazement at how personal people take shit and how silly it is to want validation of your belief in god when it should be plain its totally unaproachable.

I don't care about the beliefs. It's having my beliefs called delusional and irrational that is the problem. Being ganged up on by 4-5 people doesn't help. There were a lot of other insinuations about what it means if I don't submit to this crap. It is a big problem if I don't lay all my personal shit on the forum for the whole world to see. I won't mention God ever again. I hope that will satisfy you.

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

#10285920 - 05/04/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Quote:

mad_cow said:

If you ACTIVELY REFUSE TO USE RATIONALITY to back up your points, you have no right to be surprised when someone calls them irrational.

I said it is from things that have happened to me. How can you call that irrational?

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

Re: how can athiests exist? [Re: deCypher]
    #10285924 - 05/04/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

mad_cow said:

Quote:

If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.

It doesn't say I can't be pissed off about it.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10285936 - 05/04/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

mad_cow said:

Quote:

It doesn't say I can't be pissed off about it.

Well, you can be pissed off, elated, or downright furious about it.  You just can't insult other members within this forum according to the rules.  (Although feel free to slam their ideas all you want.)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder