Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycorial
Stranger

Re: Pinning Ratios (Pics) [Re: Mycorial]
    #10282521 - 05/04/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Also I guess next time I see some monstrous fruit off of the first flush that I should probably get a clone sample from it and use it to knock up another grain jar.

Question: Taking a multispore print from a promising fruit is different from taking a piece out of it in what way? The flesh of the fruit uses a different growing point than spores do?

I've always been fascinated with how virtually any part of the organism can be used to propagate it further, I'm just having a hard time grasping the differences between the different sources.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekingjames488
Stranger
    #10282550 - 05/04/09 07:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

nice lookin pinset.

I heard somewhere that pins sometimes for for a few flushes at one time, but more should come in then 5-15 >.>

try spraying the casing pretty good then fanning really well a couple times.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10282772 - 05/04/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mycorial said:
Question: Taking a multispore print from a promising fruit is different from taking a piece out of it in what way?

Cloning from a piece of flesh usually gives you one set of genetic information. With a spore print, you've got some random variation.

When you select a culture for cloning, look at potency as well as size or quick pinning. Take several samples from several different fruits, grow them out, and see which does best overall.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinewhereismymind
they keepcoming!
Male User Gallery

Loc: in the middle of nowhere
    #10282783 - 05/04/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i think that you get so small shrooms because you get many , if you had few you would have much bigger fruits , in the end your overall yield will be more ore less the same , depending on  your environment substrate conditions etc..

--------------------
In my own summer , there is no crowd in the streets and no sun...

OfflineMycorial
Stranger

Re: Pinning Ratios (Pics) [Re: whereismymind]
    #10283040 - 05/04/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Doc,

The only thing I'm still pondering about is the genetic inheritance during the various stages of the mushroom's life cycle. It sounds like the closest thing to a sector extraction is the fruit body itself. It would be like going in and cutting out a sector from the substrate itself in a way right? At least where characteristics are concerned?

Looks like I'll be doing more research tonight lol.

Thanks again for your time everyone, the responses are greatly appreciated :smile:

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#10283072 - 05/04/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ive always thought dormant pins are caused by picking fruits.  Wouldn't picking fruits disturb the mycelium into repairing itself?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds