Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAdventure
Stranger
Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens
    #10281653 - 05/04/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey there, I'm a college student who has focused most of my independent research on hallucinogens.
Below are some questions I would appreciate responses to as they, will be incorporated in my senior final anthropology research paper. In this paper I am comparing that ritual use of hallucinogens in traditional and modern societies. Basically, I'm trying to demonstrate that your mind set and setting when taking hallucinogen is extremely important to achieve the positive and beneficial effects of altered states of consciousness. Traditional societies basically have a set of rules and conditions when using hallucinogens, and while they attribute them to different reasons I believe they are simply to help ensure that they can have the most control possible over the experience. The same can been in the recreational use of hallucinogens, heck even the existence of this site to gain experience, learn, and discuss hallucinogens shows that people are taking steps to affect their experiences in altered states of consciousness.
All answers are completely confidential and will be destroyed after the paper is handed in. I would love to see your responses and would greatly appreciate your participation, I'll even send you copies of the finished paper if you'd like.Please limit your answers

Have you ever used a hallucinogen?
If so, what kind?
Was the experience positive or negative?
Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out?
Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience?
If so, what was the advice?
Where did you take your first hallucinogens?
Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence?
What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral?
Did you mindset change after taking them?
Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them?
What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens?
Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelbtchnlgs
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: Adventure]
    #10281674 - 05/04/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adventure said:
Hey there, I'm a college student who has focused most of my independent research on hallucinogens.
Below are some questions I would appreciate responses to as they, will be incorporated in my senior final anthropology research paper. In this paper I am comparing that ritual use of hallucinogens in traditional and modern societies. Basically, I'm trying to demonstrate that your mind set and setting when taking hallucinogen is extremely important to achieve the positive and beneficial effects of altered states of consciousness. Traditional societies basically have a set of rules and conditions when using hallucinogens, and while they attribute them to different reasons I believe they are simply to help ensure that they can have the most control possible over the experience. The same can been in the recreational use of hallucinogens, heck even the existence of this site to gain experience, learn, and discuss hallucinogens shows that people are taking steps to affect their experiences in altered states of consciousness.
All answers are completely confidential and will be destroyed after the paper is handed in. I would love to see your responses and would greatly appreciate your participation, I'll even send you copies of the finished paper if you'd like.Please limit your answers

Have you ever used a hallucinogen? Yes
If so, what kind? Mushrooms, LSD, Marijuana, Salvia, *MDMA
Was the experience positive or negative? All +
Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? Spontaneous
Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience?  Yes
If so, what was the advice? Crush them up and put them in a PBJ sandwich, enjoy the experience
Where did you take your first hallucinogens?  Friends house
Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? LOL traveled to the moon
What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral?  Negative
Did you mindset change after taking them? Yes
Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them?  Millions.  Yes 2/3 of the people I was wth
What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens?  Extremely important
Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both?  Personal Experience

Offlinehelter_skelter
Hello Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: lbtchnlgs]
    #10281746 - 05/04/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If so, what kind? Nitrous Oxide, Mushrooms, LSD, TMA-2, Ketamine, Small amount of Mescaline

Was the experience positive or negative? Nothing but positivity

Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? Thought Out

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? Yes through the help of the community that is the shroomery

If so, what was the advice? Dosage, be in a good mindset and only trip with close friends

Where did you take your first hallucinogens? Friends house

Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? Stay

What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral? Positive

Did you mindset change after taking them? First time tripping i felt content and at peace with my life. Afterwards i had lost a few insecurities about myself and found myself more outgoing.

Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them? No

What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens? Should be a priority

Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both? Both

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: helter_skelter]
    #10281972 - 05/04/09 02:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So your hypothesis is that set and setting contribute greatly to the outcome and overall experience of one's pyschedellic trip?

If so, well then thats pretty old news and common knowledge.

But with no further delay...

Have you ever used a hallucinogen? Yes.

If so, what kind? LSD, Magic Mushrooms, Ecstasy, Ketamine (Not even going to say Marijuana, but I guess I just did)

Was the experience positive or negative? LSD is incredibly positive. Not so much with mushrooms. Too much anxiety, paranoia, confusion, and general discomfort. Ketamine was really fun too but I only had slight audio distortions and visuals.

Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? Thought out.

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? Yes, the shroomery.

If so, what was the advice? Take 1/2 8th to an 8th, don't do it alone, don't do it if you have history of mental illness or an underlying mental illness, do it with a trip sitter, dedicate a whole day to the trip, take vitamin C if you want increased effects.

Where did you take your first hallucinogens? Ate them in a car on the way to a beach to watch my two friends surf.

Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? Technically traveled, but a majority of the time was spent sitting on the sand watching the sunset and people surf.

What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral? Slightly negative because I was anxious/nervous/scared.

Did you mindset change after taking them? Yes, I felt enlightened (AKA really high and happy, and that there is more to the brain and life than once thought).

Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them? No, I kinda was the one who led the way in that department.

What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens? The most important thing possible. If the set/setting are not exactly what I desire, I don't trip.

Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both? Both. Any feelings you have going into a trip tend to be amplified when the drug actually does kick in.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: Legalize]
    #10282159 - 05/04/09 03:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Have you ever used a hallucinogen? yes
If so, what kind? shrooms, salvia
Was the experience positive or negative? positive +
Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? spontaneous
Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? yes
If so, what was the advice? be in a positive mindset
Where did you take your first hallucinogens? in my car parked at a park about to walk a trail
Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? walked the trail
What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral? positive
Did you mindset change after taking them? positive
Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them? no
What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens? everything
Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both? both

i took a very low dose my first time, 1 gram.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: showme]
    #10282182 - 05/04/09 04:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yes

Quote:

If so, what kind?

LSD, various psychoactive mushrooms, mescaline, salvia, 2cb, lsa.

Quote:

i have had both negative and positive experiences.

Quote:

it was spontaneous, i just happened to make a friend that had some acid.

Quote:

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience?

no

Quote:

i ate the acid on the cooking line at 'toots bar and grill' i left immediately though for a small house party.

Quote:

i traveled to the party, then home, then went for a walk around the neighborhood, then went back home.

Quote:

What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral?

positive.
Quote:

Yes. it turned to lsd.
Quote:

Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them?

no.
Quote:

What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens?

it is the most important.
Quote:

Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both?

my own personal experience and i have read it countless times here.

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: Cubie]
    #10282879 - 05/04/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If so, what kind? Mushrooms

Was the experience positive or negative? Positive

Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? Thought out

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? yes

If so, what was the advice? amount, set, setting, how to avoid and overcome a bad trip, everything for beginners on the shroomery

Where did you take your first hallucinogens? Home, nice walk around the neighborhood

Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? Travel, but stayed relatively close to home

What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral? neutral

Did you mindset change after taking them? yes, for the better

What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens? to have an enjoyable (and safe) journey and hopefully learn something about yourself. an improper set and setting can be disastrous

Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what
was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both? definitely my own personal experience

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

OfflineVaelu
Strange Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sin City
Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: Adventure]
    #10282913 - 05/04/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adventure said:

Have you ever used a hallucinogen? yes

If so, what kind? LSD, Cubensis Mushroom, DMT

Was the experience positive or negative? In one word - positive

Was the first decision to take hallucinogens spontaneous or thought out? It was there spontaneously, then I thought about it for about 15 min.

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? Yes

If so, what was the advice? Just an idea on what to expect

Where did you take your first hallucinogens? In a cabin outside of Cave Junction, OR.

Did you travel or stay in one place while under the influence? We walked around outside the cabin.

What was your mindset prior to taking the hallucinogen, positive, negative, neutral? positive

Did you mindset change after taking them? from positive to something else? - No

Was there anyone with prior experience taking hallucinogens when you first took them? Yes

What would you say is the importance of set and setting when taking hallucinogens? I would say it is of the utmost importance.

Is your opinion on the importance of set and setting based on what was told to you by other individuals or your own personal experience or both? personal

--------------------
"When the student is ready the teacher appears..."

Edited by Vaelu (05/04/09 09:46 AM)

OfflineBaldoSquemo
Lurker
 User Gallery

Re: Research Questionnaire on Hallucinogens [Re: Vaelu]
    #10283020 - 05/04/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There's some great answers in here :smile:  Happy to contribute to questionnaires like these.

Yes

If so, what kind?
Mushrooms, LSD, DMT, Salvia, Ecstasy, Cannabis, Amanita

All experiences have had positive outcomes.

I spent a little over a year reading and becoming more interested in them.  My first trip was also planned out a month or two in advance, so I knew it was coming for a while.

Did anyone advise you on how to take hallucinogens prior to your first experience? And if so, what was the advice?
There was tons of advice before dosing, and my trip partner told me I should just start the same dose as him.  I wound up taking more because I was such an impatient noob, but oh boy... I wouldn't want to have done it any other way.

Bonnaroo.  I had brought my own stuff, and was convinced a festival would be the ideal time to try it out.

We sorta just waited around until we all came up...  I had never tripped before, and I was psyching myself out of it somewhat.  I was unable to determine if it was having any effect on me at all, until we finally decided it was time to head to see the music.  Preparing to leave became hysterically complicated, and I quickly realized we were all on the bus at this point.  Once we got moving, wave after wave after wave forced us to make 3 hours worth of stops along the way to just chill the fuck out for a minute before we even got to the gates.

Very Positive.  It was time, I had been waiting and wanting long enough.  I wanted to jump in the deep end.

Almost immediately.  Within 5 minutes I was already thinking I should have taken more, and that this amount simply wasn't enough.  This made me feel more anxious and irritated.

Yes, all three people who I took them with had at least 3 experiences under the belt.

The most important thing you can pay attention to.  Set + Setting = Trip.  You can't just throw any numbers into the formula and hope to get what you want.  Make sure you have a full day to devote to the experience.  turn off your cell phone, tell people who might stop by that you're leaving town for the night or something.  Clear your schedule completely.  Once everything is out of the way, remember to get outside!  And if things are getting crazy, just go for a walk.  Don't plan on doing anything specific, cause circumstances and interests change when you're tripping.  Something you planned to do might not work out at all.  And as far as ones mindset, I find that channeling my intention for the journey does great wonders.  I just focus on spiritual progression and even the bad trips turn out wonderful in the end.  In fact, I don't enjoy the happy trips nearly as much as the tough ones.  After a good difficult trip I always feel like I've overcome this great adversary.  Accomplished something truly fantastic.

I believed it before I ever tripped, because of what I've read and heard from others.  I believe it now because of it's results personally.

--------------------
-Baldo

Edited by BaldoSquemo (05/04/09 10:26 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale