Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: The raise of christianity, the supression of female superiority, the downfall of society. [Re: elbisivni]
    #10281248 - 05/03/09 11:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
Let's not assume anything.  How is that an argument to do something about nothing?

Ok, sure, let's not assume anything; The first axiom of science is that we assume that the universe is ordened and has a fixed set of rules. The whole of science and the hwole of our belief system is based on that. If we drop that assumption, we drop all possible evidence, and all possible arguments. Nice one brother.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: The raise of christianity, the supression of female superiority, the downfall of society. [Re: Diaboleros]
    #10281261 - 05/03/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
Ok let's assume that women were considered inferior for all of human history, how is that an argument to keep going at it? Wtf dude? Where is the logic in that?

That's clearly not what I'm saying. All me and Shroombrella are trying to point out is that you can't blame Christianity for misogynist attitudes, since they were around long before the church was.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: The raise of christianity, the supression of female superiority, the downfall of society. [Re: zouden]
    #10281294 - 05/03/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You are totally not getting the point here. It's about supression of female superiority affecting human intelligence and human society. Males are half female. Females are half male. We have two brains, not one.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: The raise of christianity, the supression of female superiority, the downfall of society. [Re: Diaboleros]
    #10281344 - 05/03/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:orly:

I'll be back when you're done beating around the bush and actually provide some links to the scientific data you are so sure exists.

Science isn't based off an assumption as much as it's based off of predictable control models.  If you knew anything about the "first axiom of science" you'd know enough to not say that there are rules to science but theories.

I imagine you probably had some compelling thought or experience that led you along this path of thought but in all honestly I only see a little coherence to the argument.  Female/male halves of the brain?  Right/left brain differences.. this stuff has been disproved over the last decade or two, update your info.  We quite literally have one brain.

The claims you make about hierarchies  in historical societies are anything but based on fact, which I think other posters have touched on in this thread.

The male/female, who's superior/inferior subject is pointless to pursue, it's not a matter of black and white.  It's easy to lump things into categories but the assertions you have made in this thread just are not based on objective reality as much as you think.

There are examples of all of the claims you make, somewhere or another, but that doesn't make for a universal cause and effect scheme.  You're dealing with isolated incidents acting like you've seen the man behind the curtain or something.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #10281354 - 05/03/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

As long as you acknowledge that this is a struggle that has been going on long before Jesus entered the scene  :thumbup:

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: The raise of christianity, the supression of female superiority, the downfall of society. [Re: elbisivni]
    #10281377 - 05/03/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
There are examples of all of the claims you make, somewhere or another, but that doesn't make for a universal cause and effect scheme.  You're dealing with isolated incidents acting like you've seen the man behind the curtain or something.

I did see the man behind the curtain, I'm only trying to make more people see it. There is so much more to it than I have said in this thread. This is only the spark, if you want to see the light, you will have to go on investigation yourself. Each person, each belief system will need a different explanation to convince them, if you truly want to find out the truth, then you will have to seek it for yourself, or just keep an open mind to this subject, and the truth will come by itself through personal experience.

Quote:

zouden said:
As long as you acknowledge that this is a struggle that has been going on long before Jesus entered the scene  :thumbup:

Sure, could be, I fail to see how this is relevant tho. Jesus and christianity are only markpoints in history which everyone is familiar with, so I'm using that to make a point.

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#10282367 - 05/04/09 06:12 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you guys are all forgetting about how tight it would be if women assumed their power and got up on their shit.... yea it would be like an international fuck fest and everyone would be happy...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds