Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, VIC
Possible Weraroa Novae-Zelandiae find?
    #10281503 - 05/04/09 12:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Habitat:
Found them growing mostly on dead wood, fern branches and native NZ trees and a few growing out of the ground under trees.

Gills:
Have cut one open, brown gills inside.

Stem:
White, solid, and starting to blue on some examples.

Cap:
They are about the size of an average glaze cherry, and the bigger ones are about 2" wide.  Some were very slightly blue, and now 2 - 3 hours after picking, the smaller ones are bruising a nice blue, with the bigger ones staining in small patches blue.

Spore print color:
How do I get this from these?

Bruising:
Dark blue.

Other information:
The very slightest of slimy feel to the pouches now, smooth and slippery but not wet.

It would be good to have a positive ID, and any tips on drying or dosage.  I'm not sure how much of these to take or how to dry them as I've studied up on that on normal mushrooms but these are different.

Cheers guys!

Edited by nickc (05/04/09 12:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Weraroa find? [Re: nickc]
    #10281518 - 05/04/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oh and I have 63g of them wet as they are on that plate.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10281672 - 05/04/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yes those are Weraroa novaezelandiae!
inski.

--------------------

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Weraroa find? [Re: inski]
    #10281690 - 05/04/09 12:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

inski said:
Yes those are Weraroa novaezelandiae!
inski.

What kind of dosage should I try?  They aren't in the dosage calculator and I can't find any info on them.  The bigger ones are about exactly half the size of a golf ball.

The biggest one (top left 1st pic) weighs in at 10g 4 hours after picking, and they next biggest, the siamese twin one, weighs in at 6g.

Also is there any way to preserve them and keep them active?

Edited by nickc (05/04/09 12:50 AM)

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10281728 - 05/04/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm, I have no experience with the consumption of W. novaezelandiae, if I was going to bioassay them I would have one, but I am not likely to consume them anyway, I am interested in how the effects differ to other Psilocybe species so let us know how it goes!
inski.

--------------------

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

#10281831 - 05/04/09 01:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ah right, anyone else know dosage, preserving and effects?  Doesn't seem to be much documented about these.

Inski - the only type I have tried psilocybin mushrooms was in Thailand and I'm pretty sure they were P. Cubensis so I'm not sure how they compare with P. Subaeruginosa or the likes from local areas.  Was actually looking for subs and then stumbled across one of these (biggest one), then an hour later found the rest.

Looking forward to trying some once I have an idea on how much to take.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10281843 - 05/04/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thats right, there is not much known about them, I would only recommend 2-3 fruit bodies at the most, please let us know what the effects are like!
inski.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10281848 - 05/04/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ah right, anyone else know dosage, preserving and effects?  Doesn't seem to be much documented about these.

Do some research and get back to us.

Start with one or two.

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Weraroa find? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10281886 - 05/04/09 01:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Do some research and get back to us.

Start with one or two.

Okay, well just popped one of the smaller ones to be on the cautious side.  No taste, chewed it about 5 times then washed it down with some cold Heineken.  It was probably double the size of a blueberry.

Will keep you updated on how it goes, if it's not much, I'll double the dosage later in the week.  Should they dry out and hold the active drug in them under the same process as normal mushrooms?

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10281929 - 05/04/09 02:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

No taste, chewed it about 5 times then washed it down with some cold Heineken.

Its best to take mushrooms when you aren't drinking alcohol.  The effects clash a bit and its a little harder to notice exactly what the mushrooms are doing.  They still work though so this is still a valuable test.

Quote:

Should they dry out and hold the active drug in them under the same process as normal mushrooms?

I have heard that they become inactive when dried.  If this is true then this would be the only known psilocybin mushroom which can not be dried.  Dry some and eat them and let us know how it goes.

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

#10281947 - 05/04/09 02:08 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

No taste, chewed it about 5 times then washed it down with some cold Heineken.

Its best to take mushrooms when you aren't drinking alcohol.  The effects clash a bit and its a little harder to notice exactly what the mushrooms are doing.  They still work though so this is still a valuable test.

Quote:

Should they dry out and hold the active drug in them under the same process as normal mushrooms?

I have heard that they become inactive when dried.  If this is true then this would be the only known psilocybin mushroom which can not be dried.  Dry some and eat them and let us know how it goes.

Sure, I am only having one beer.  Last time I took Ps. mushrooms I tried to drink as well for the half moon party we were going to on Koh Phangan in Thailand, but it didn't work well after a couple of beers so I stuck to about 9L of water over a 9 hour period and I definately had the experience of a lifetime.

I will try to dry some out, I'm hoping to save some for the weekend, how long will they last in a refrigerator?  Any tips on how to keep them?  Once I know an appropriate dosage I will try drying them.

No effects yet, slight strange feeling but I'm going with that it's a bit of nervous placebo.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10282019 - 05/04/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I will try to dry some out, I'm hoping to save some for the weekend, how long will they last in a refrigerator?

Maybe a week, depends on how fresh they were when you found them.  Don't eat them when they get all moldy and nasty smelling.

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

#10282063 - 05/04/09 02:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Update:  Slight stoned feeling, fading away.  Compression on head feeling.  Just took 2 more the same size, were a lot harder to get down this time although still no taste, not bitter but just a horrible texture.

Hopefully things get a bit crazy now!

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

#10282294 - 05/04/09 05:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well, a few hours afterwards I can say I didn't feel a lot.  A bit of a stoned feeling without the cloudy head.  Some objects in my vision had the edges softened (?) and I was sensationally relaxed.  Could barely be bothered moving at all - kind of like when I had THC brownies.

Definately had a mild dose, will try a good 15gm next time in a couple of days, and will hopefully have more to post up in a few days!

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10282304 - 05/04/09 05:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wait at least 5-7 days before you dose again, so you can bioassay them with a "clean system". I think 15 grams wet is a good dose to start with.
I'd love to get my hands on some spores of those.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #10282306 - 05/04/09 05:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That is all good information, it sounds as though they are not very potent!
Keep us updated on your finds and experiments!
inski.

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10282308 - 05/04/09 05:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That'd surprise me, given the amount of bluing one can see on some of the specimen.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Weraroa find? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10282327 - 05/04/09 05:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
That'd surprise me, given the amount of bluing one can see on some of the specimen.

The three I took were the size of pastachio nuts, they were not big.  One of the mushrooms (in the middle of first pic on its own) has now gone an incredible half blue and a bit mushy rather than slick and solid feeling.  It's blue is complete and is so deep it's astounding.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible Weraroa find? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10282336 - 05/04/09 05:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It seems that different collections have varying degrees of oxidation, the patch I know of in Auckland produces fruit bodies that exhibit very little blue briuising, I think the genetic variation in Weraroa novaezelandiae is quite wide!
I would love to see some conclusive studies done on the chemical contents of these interesting mushrooms!
inski.

--------------------

Offlinenickc
Psyche-dult
Male User Gallery

#10282509 - 05/04/09 07:14 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

inski said:
Hmm, I have no experience with the consumption of W. novaezelandiae, if I was going to bioassay them I would have one, but I am not likely to consume them anyway, I am interested in how the effects differ to other Psilocybe species so let us know how it goes!
inski.

Also Inski, I found a thread where you said you had tried these?  This was your response:

Quote:

inski said:
Hi scruffymafia, it's a good thing you brought this up and it's really interesting to hear of others experiences with this unusual species!
I would really like to warn people about experimenting with this species as it has not been properly studied, no doubt it is an active Psilocybe species but it really is not advised!
To me the symptoms your friends experienced are not unusual for high doses of psilocybin mushrooms and I suspect these to be rather potent, I may have a low tolerance but in my experience four medium sized specimens produced very profound changes in my perception, one of these changes was the feeling that the ground was progressively turning more and more liquid with every step producing the feeling that I was sinking, not uncommon but this was fifteen minutes after ingestion, I guess this type of perceptual change could make one think they were paralyzed especially if it were to get more intense!
I have a great interest in this species and would love to hear of anyones experiences, also I don't think these are too toxic, I had no lasting adverse side affects and I hope you and your friends are alright!
I suspect these to be high in baeocystine and would be interested in seeing a chemical analysis.
Be careful and take it easy:cool:
inski...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom