Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Loc: Keta-Kosmos
Mushroom ID request. (Indiana)
    #10274172 - 05/02/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Habitat:
Grass lawn under baby tree.
Gills:
Brownish, rusty orangeish.
Stem:
white but almost golden. about 2 inches long, prettty thin.
Cap:
about half inch to an inch small convex rounded caps that are a very pale orangish in color.

Spore print color:
Working on it.

Bruising:
None that i can see so far.

Other information:

heres a few pics...

best i could do on the pics sorry.  Im working on the sporeprint.

--------------------
[[[|:.WARNING.:|]]] Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions for forum maintenance purposes only. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Mushroom ID request. (Indiana) [Re: Engelsblut6]
    #10274497 - 05/02/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Here is another specimen from to days hunt.

Habitat:
Growing out of a fallen tree with lots of high bushes around it. very moist area.
Gills:
It has little tiny all white pore like holes.
Stem:
Just a small stub that is quite solid and connected directly to the fallen tree.
Cap:
The biggest one was about 12 inches across. then there was another one about 8" and one last tiny one about 2". they are mostly white with light brown spots and a darker brown kind of waxy spot in the center of the cap.

Spore print color:
Not sure how to get a spore print from this type of mushroom.

Bruising:
see below...

Other information:

and the smaller one...

These were also found on the same tree.....Not sure if it is severe bruising or contamination???

I hope someone can tell me something. thanks for taking a look guys.

--------------------
[[[|:.WARNING.:|]]] Nothing i say or do is real, I am simply a computer-bot, programmed to generate random responses and hypothetical questions for forum maintenance purposes only. Please refer to my owners manual or contact my programmer for further assistance. His contact information can be found by clicking HERE

Edited by Engelsblut6 (05/02/09 06:08 PM)

Offline123ABC
mush-ine

#10274518 - 05/02/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

definitely not active
keep looking

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

#10274540 - 05/02/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

And another.....

Habitat:
Growing out of a dry broken branch/stick on the ground in the woods.
Gills:
It has little tiny all white pore like holes.
Stem:
Just a small stub that is connected to the branch. not really a stem.
Cap:
about 1and1/2 inches, bright orange, wavy like.
Spore print color:
Not sure how to get a spore print from this type of mushroom. not sure if i should remove it from the branch yet.

Bruising:
none

Other information:

and this one is some sort of morel i believe , but it was kind of moldy or sumthing and the cap broke.

i know thats a lot all at once, but im working on a southern indiana Mushroom hunting feild guide for a freind who is interested in hunting. I hope i can get these ID'd:thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Engelsblut6 (05/02/09 06:11 PM)

OfflineOutofreality
semi-noob
Male

Loc: NE Georgia
    #10274737 - 05/02/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the last one is a morel edible but that one looks kinda rotten i wouldnt eat that shit lol

--------------------
violets are blue roses are red daisies are yellow and the flowers are dead!!:mushroom2::jah:

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Mushroom ID request. (Indiana) [Re: Outofreality]
    #10274761 - 05/02/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yea lol i didnt plan on it, i was just wanting an ID on it. Its to rotten to eat. Im pretty sure none of these are active, but the first one looks like it could possibly be something. Hopefully i can get ID's on most of these for my guide. I need to have an ID not just wether they are active or not.

--------------------

Edited by Engelsblut6 (05/02/09 06:57 PM)

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #10274968 - 05/02/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1.  Agrocybe pediades
http://www.mushroomexpert.com/agrocybe_pediades.html
2.  Polyporus squamosus http://www.mushroomexpert.com/polyporus_squamosus.html
3.  Some type of Polypore
4.  Morchella sp.  Check around in that area for more!

--------------------

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Mushroom ID request. (Indiana) [Re: landsnorkler]
    #10275113 - 05/02/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok cool. dont take this as an insult or anything, but are you positive on the ones you ID'd or are those ballpark guesses? I just say that for the obvious reason of wanting to be completley sure. thanks

from what ive read on MushroomExpert i have a couple edibles here?? does that just mean they wont kill me? or that some people actually enjoy eating them??

i also wanted to add that the first ones wich you said were Agrocybe pediades were found right where woodchips met the grass. im not sure if that makes any difference.

--------------------

Edited by Engelsblut6 (05/02/09 08:45 PM)

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #10275376 - 05/02/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Nah don't eat any of those mushrooms.  Some folks like Polyporus squamosus when it's young and fresh. 

The id's should be accurate.  However, there's a lot of similar looking Agrocybe species which are separated on microscopic features, so A. pediades is a guess.  If they were growing directly from woodchips they're probably some other kind of Agrocybe.

As for the morels, try looking around where you found the rotten one for fresh specimens.  They are highly edible.

--------------------

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Mushroom ID request. (Indiana) [Re: landsnorkler]
    #10275927 - 05/02/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, yea i would never eat any mushroom without first getting a 100% positive ID from a trusted source. no worries on that, im just trying to gather as much info as i can, which i thank you for providing. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#10276096 - 05/02/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

congratulations
                        you have won the

"creepy picture of the month award"

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

OfflineEngelsblut6
Wizards Apprentice

Re: Mushroom ID request. (Indiana) [Re: trigger]
    #10276106 - 05/03/09 12:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hahaha:tongue2: for real? Im honored.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck