Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
obamas' supreme dis-appointment...
    #10270903 - 05/01/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i dont know about you..but i have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that obama will nominate a blue dog to replace souter on the SCOTUS...the current front runner is US solicitor general elena kagan..who is basically john yoo in a skirt...if its not her..then you can still tell its a blue dog if the senate repugs dont throw a sissyfit...

in all fairness to obama.. i can understand why he would pick a conservative..given the precarious politics of the 2010 midterm elections...but this does not by any means justify such an action either.. and if obama does nominate kagan or some other blue dog.. then i might very well stay home or waste my vote in 2012...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #10271188 - 05/01/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There he goes again trying to be bipartisan.  Interstingly, a CBS Poll shows that 81 percent of Americans think the president is trying for bipartisanship.  Yet the right still hates him, and the left isn't too happy about it either.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #10271651 - 05/02/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
There he goes again trying to be bipartisan.  Interstingly, a CBS Poll shows that 81 percent of Americans think the president is trying for bipartisanship.  Yet the right still hates him, and the left isn't too happy about it either.

He really should stop that shit.  The right isn't interested, so why bother?

--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #10272036 - 05/02/09 06:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

There isn't the tiniest hope in hell that The Won will nominate anyone who isn't even further left-leaning than the most liberal of the current Gang of Nine.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: Phred]
    #10272057 - 05/02/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Certainly are good aspect about that though phred, you'd have to admit.

At least we'll maintain our present definition of "reasonable" and other protections of the bill of rights.

Many conservative judges haven't done to well on that front.  I could deal with it if they had saving graces regarding other matters, but often they don't.

The supreme court was the one good thing about obama's win that I'm pretty sure of.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: johnm214]
    #10272101 - 05/02/09 06:49 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry, Obama won't throw in a Liberal or a Conservative, I guarantee they will be Neoconservative.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: Phred]
    #10272893 - 05/02/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
There isn't the tiniest hope in hell that The Won will nominate anyone who isn't even further left-leaning than the most liberal of the current Gang of Nine.

Well, did you expect to get a conservative?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: TGRR]
    #10273927 - 05/02/09 03:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe hill-billy will accept the nomination? But no, she has been promised the presidency and won't settle for anything less.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #10275663 - 05/02/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Maybe hill-billy will accept the nomination? But no, she has been promised the presidency and won't settle for anything less.

Was she even offered the nomination?

--------------------

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #10275749 - 05/02/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

She's not a Liberal guys...

She's a Neoconservative.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #10275775 - 05/02/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the single most important issue for any new justice is their stance on the 2nd amendment, and interest in protecting american sovereignty over subjection to international law.

but its obama choosing, so i'm not too hopeful.
itll be some anti gun nut who supports full use of govt force for tax resisters and the like

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #10275891 - 05/02/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:
the single most important issue for any new justice is their stance on the 2nd amendment, and interest in protecting american sovereignty over subjection to international law.

Actually, I'm a little more demanding.  I'd rather they supported the entire constitution.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #10275929 - 05/02/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MistaUNGA said:

itll be some anti gun nut who supports full use of govt force for tax resisters and the like

I don't get people's fear of having their guns taken away by Obama.  Could you please post a link of anything he's said that justifies your fear???

As for "protecting american sovereignty over subjection to international law", the US is not bound by any international law it hasn't signed up to, and if it has signed up to anything then article VI of the constitution makes it clear that
Quote:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and ALL TREATIES MADE, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, SHALL BE THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND

Sorry  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10275951 - 05/02/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

MistaUNGA said:

I don't get people's fear of having their guns taken away by Obama.  Could you please post a link of anything he's said that justifies your fear???

As for "protecting american sovereignty over subjection to international law", the US is not bound by any international law it hasn't signed up to, and if it has signed up to anything then article VI of the constitution makes it clear that
Quote:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and ALL TREATIES MADE, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, SHALL BE THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND

Sorry  :shrug:

You have to remember that most of these newly-minted "constitutionalists" have never read the damn thing.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #10275972 - 05/02/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hope he appoints Oprah.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10276022 - 05/02/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

I love how the right makes shit up about what Obama is going to do, and then scare themselves with it.

(I've pointed that out so many times that it's now my signature.)  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10276040 - 05/02/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I love how the right makes shit up about what Obama is going to do, and then scare themselves with it.

That's actually been the funniest part of watching the right implode, come to think of it.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10276190 - 05/03/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TGRR said:
That's actually been the funniest part of watching the right implode, come to think of it.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #10276256 - 05/03/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

MistaUNGA said:

What are you talking about?

What does "fear of having their guns taken away by obama" have to do with "most important issue...is...the 2nd amendment.....its obama choosing so i'm not too hopeful"

Are you denying that obama's likely appointees would limit the second amendemnt and find bans like DC or Chicago's acceptable in some cases?

The liberal justices did just that in DC v Heller.

Obama has repeatedly said he would ban assault weapons, handguns (then withdrew that and claims he won't ban all handgus), and all sorts of things.

Frankly, its hard for me to understand how anyone can support the federal assault weapon ban on rational grounds unless they think banning any gun is good.

It just makes so little sense its hard to understand.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: obamas' supreme dis-appointment... [Re: johnm214]
    #10276279 - 05/03/09 12:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Frankly, its hard for me to understand how anyone can support the federal assault weapon ban on rational grounds unless they think banning any gun is good.

It just makes so little sense its hard to understand.

Hey man, I'm with you!  No arms should be banned up through and including nuclear arms.  If I have the money, fuck government telling me I can't have 'em.  Arms are protected by the 2nd amendment.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder