Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newly Acquired All American 921...help?! [Re: Hattori Hanzo]
    #8800459 - 08/20/08 10:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yea the control valve is the toggle valve. If it runs right now with nor problems just leave it be.

Use the heat to control the pressure, dont be jackin with the toggle valve except when you turn it from vertical to horizontal after steam has escaped for 5 minutes at warm up to begin building pressure.

The nut is the overpressure plug or safety valve or any combination of those words hehe.

Snap us a shot of it running at 18psi so for me ehh? :wink:

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newly Acquired All American 921...help?! [Re: sandman420]
    #8800478 - 08/20/08 10:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

and yea you can replace it with another #65 toggle valve as long as the threads are the same size. They run $18 from store.wafco.com. I would leave it be if its not giving you trouble, although I have heard some people say they replace them "yearly" i don't why you would fix it if it aint broke.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

OfflineHattori Hanzo
Are You Experienced?
Male User Gallery

Loc: South of the Mason Dixie ...
    #8800598 - 08/20/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah...I'm a don't fix it unless it is broken kinda of person, so that makes best sense to me...

problem I have with that is...I don't want to find out the hard way that it doesn't work!!

H.H.

--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Keep your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. --unknown

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8801054 - 08/20/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

To Peterthinks, this crap about putting sterilizer parts in a cooker and BOOM! is a bunch of nonsense phooey. I replace all of my AA weight pipes with a #65 toggle valve on regular cooker models. This is highly advantageous.

From what I read the AA canners run at lower pressures than their sterilizers. It might not go BOOM running at a higher pressure but I wouldn't recommend using parts designed for a sterilizer in a cooker to anyone. It's used (possibly stressed or cracked), he's unfamiliar with it, unsure of the model number and it's possible that a vent is plugged.
Even a small foot high cooker has over ten thousand pounds of force trapped in it at 15 PSI.
But if the advantages outweigh the risks for you feel free to do whatever you want.

Just remember that it's full of glass too and it won't be just blowing steam around your kitchen.

:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

OfflineHattori Hanzo
Are You Experienced?
Male User Gallery

Re: Newly Acquired All American 921...help?! [Re: Peterthinks]
    #8801152 - 08/20/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I hear you Peterthinks...and I certainly wasn't dissing your advice. I wouldn't do that either, but still, kind of alarming to read that...alarming to the point of chucking it...but glad to see that some have and do advocate it, reducing my paranoia!! In this scientific subject, there seem to be many, many differing opinions...and I need facts!

Cheers mate! I am sure it isn't cracked. The model number is a 921 (the sticker says so)...but maybe manufactured before everyones time...dunno...

feeling better about it, cause the heat is adjusted to control the internal pressure. I'll say, that the pressure didn't climb much once I turned the stove off...but my a__hole was puckered up tighter than a virgins daughter.

Any old manuals around? maybe I should just contact AA.

Thanks!
H.H.

--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Keep your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you. --unknown

Edited by Hattori Hanzo (08/20/08 02:01 PM)

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#8801212 - 08/20/08 02:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My first reply had a download for a PDF document that is the manual...takes a while to download but it has pictures too.
I know what you mean I bought an old cooker for 50 cents and I was watching it from the other side of the house first time!
15 PSI doesn't seem like a big number but most people don't realize that that is the pressure on every square inch! A failed cooker has the potential of a glass filled bomb and it gets worse the bigger it is.
Good luck with your new cooker, keep it safe!

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

OfflineHattori Hanzo
Are You Experienced?
Male User Gallery

#8801322 - 08/20/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

right on Peterthinks!

Yeah..I was all over your links last night. The instruction manual was good too...just not for a sterilizer...or a pc fitted with sterilizer parts...or whatever it is that I have :grin:

and the parts list on the aa site doesn't include as much as the other site you posted...so thanks again for the links!

H.H.

--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #8801676 - 08/20/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

All pressure cookers had toggle valves on them instead of weight valves from AA up until 10-15 years ago or so. Even the regular models such as this one. That is OE on there. They switched to weight pipe with rubber blowout plug because it is much cheaper to manufacture and assemble.

--------------------

OfflineHattori Hanzo
Are You Experienced?
Male User Gallery

#8802924 - 08/20/08 09:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

fantastic! I think when time permits...I'll give it another test run-no glass, just water.

I've learned alot more than an AA manual would have provided in this post. Thanks for all the knowledge sharing...that's what makes communities like this so rhizomorphic!! (did I just say that?)

Please, if someone has something else to add...I am watching this post like a MoFo...:cheers:

H.H.

--------------------
First Grow Log
GT&TX DoubleTubs
Malabars and Hawaiians

Offlineozzysmygod
Late Night PC'ing Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#10267190 - 05/01/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Peterthinks said:
Check that model number carefully, 921 is a canner not a sterilizer...you put sterilizer parts on a canner and BOOM!....not built for the pressure, especially dangerous if you're replacing the safety release valve.

Again check those numbers carefully

Take care

Peter

Im pretty sure there is no difference between the canners and the sterilizers other than the toggle switch. Many members on the forum have swapped there weight for a toggle with no problems

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates