Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: ABC]
    #10295910 - 05/06/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So, not only are conks a better quality fruit, the anti-tumor effects are more profound than those found in antlers? Interesting.

Thanks for all of the anecdotal stories - I'll likely be growing some reishi this summer as I get more into edibles. My dad is diabetic and I mentioned the blood-sugar stabilizing/lowering effects of reishi to him and he's definitely interested in a way to reduce or eliminate the amount of pills he has to swallow every day, while still monitoring his blood sugar daily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Camp Crystal Lake
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: Brennus]
    #10296686 - 05/06/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Should also be noted that taking Vitamin C with Reishi improves its effectiveness and digestion and the like.

--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

OfflineCloneufc
Master Exploder!
Male

Loc: Las Vegas Flag
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #10421450 - 05/29/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Im impressed with Reshi. I dont see why more people dont grow it. I heard Reshi is slow growing. How long does it take to fruit on average?

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: Cloneufc]
    #10421465 - 05/29/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

1-2 months depending on your strain to full maturity. If you modify your recipe you can shuffle that around a bit.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10425856 - 05/30/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what i wanna know is more info about its agonistic effect on amphetamines. and what makes reshi do that

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: thedudenj]
    #10425870 - 05/30/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you mean like ADD medication?

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10425891 - 05/30/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/vitamin-index/reishi-mushroom-ns

Amphetamines: Reports have suggested that reishi may antagonize the effects of amphetamines.

my question really is would that weaken the effects of MDMA and other substances like that

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#10426362 - 05/30/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I thought MDMA was a hallucinogen, not unlike acid or PCP. If it's cut with speed perhaps, but such a substance is called E in such case not MDMA.

edit: btw amphetamines suck

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

Edited by ScavengerType (05/30/09 06:09 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10426478 - 05/30/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

XTC is a

MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, also known as ecstasy) is a semisynthetic member of the amphetamine class of psychoactive drugs

i question its effects on phenethylamines and dxm.

iv noticed it has a slightly stimulative yet relaxing effect i had 2 cups of tea and its been great with out a doubt makes me feel better despite being sick

--------------------

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#10426490 - 05/30/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I did not know it was amphetamine class thanks I'll steer clear.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10426544 - 05/30/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8318511#8318511

i think you should watch the video in that before you write of e but i would stay clear of the amphetamine RCs

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10426656 - 05/30/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the way i prepared it was choped mushroom in water brought up to a sub boil once there heat turned off and top pot left on and let it sit for an hour.  the second time i let it sit for 2 or 3 hours .  1 hour is totally better for taste, more the 2 hours has stronger effects tho it thats just it building up in me.

--------------------

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#10437396 - 06/01/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So I have 61 grams of dried reishi (at least its been sitting in front of a fan for a week but doesnt seem to dry anymore) and want to make a big batch of tea. Im going to cut it up and boil it for 2 hours but Im not sure how much water to use. Anyone have a ratio of what to use? The things I find in the search engine are hit and miss and very contradictory.

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: OZZ]
    #10438511 - 06/01/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I fill the pot and just keep simmering it down. If it gets too low...I fill it a bit back up a little bit. The resulting liquid will still be concentrated and it'll just dilute itself and keep extracting the good stuff. I simmer mine for 3 but that's just from what I've gathered gives sufficient time.

I plan to be making tinctures of it in the future to concentrate on the immune/health end of it in smaller doses and reserve the tea to a lighter dose for a pleasant uplifting feel. If anyone is curious on the tincture recipe...you do a (and this applies to any dried herb/plant/mushroom is a 1:5 ratio of dried herb/mushroom:alcohol. If you use fresh herbs/mushrooms its a 1:2 ratio because of the high water content in the plants, as well ONLY with fresh herbs do you use 95% alcohol (they can rot otherwise), dried uses 50%. Ratio's: you want 1gram:5ml (since your doing weight:liquid). Don't do 1oz:5oz, BAD You want to use vodka or grain alcohol with a minimum of 45% alcohol, ideally 50%. Anything less it is less effective. Too high of alcohol and its not good either, so stick to 100 proof vodka (50% alcohol 50% water in your resulting steeping liquid). If you don't want to use alcohol you can use vinegar, but its much weaker. You want to soak for 3-4 weeks [or longer, longer is always better] swishing twice a day, while keeping it in a dark cool place. Then this tincture will last for up to a year and you take well, since its subject to what your making a tincture of, immune system tinctures run around 10 drops per serving which is usually twice daily. :thumbup:

Edited by Mephistophelian (06/11/09 11:03 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10438560 - 06/01/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

appearntly alcohol totally extracts it better i wanna get totally put some in some in some sort of wine and make a semi tinqure

--------------------

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10439914 - 06/02/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yes it does. Though wine is very weak...so you'll have the efficiency equivalent around the vinegar/oil extraction level.

--------------------

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#10440202 - 06/02/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thats good info, thanks bud.

I found a pretty good post finally, and I really like the idea given in it. 60 grams of dried reishi to 1 liter of water. Personally, last night I brought it to a boil and reduced to a simmer for 1.5 hours. Then I brought to a boil again and turned off the heat and let it set on the burner overnight. I noticed the next morning it was a LOT darker (the water) then the night before. Now I brought it back up to just before a boil and reduced to below a simmer ... the lowest setting on my oven and am letting it steep so to speak for another hour or so. Since the mushroom pieces have been soaking all night after being boiled, it seemed like steeping again this morning might pull out the last bits of goodness.

Anyway .... once Im done I will reduce the liquid down and fill a single ice cube tray with it and put in the freezer. That will give me 12 - 5 gram dosages condensed and frozen. When ready, simply take a reishi cube out of the freezer and add a little hot water, then shoot it back like a shot.

The shit doesnt taste good anyway so Ild rather take it as a shot once a day then drink the tea.

Another thought I had, once I get a ton of reishi going, is simply boiling and simmering as I have been doing, but then filling a sun tea jar with a nozzle with the liquid. As long as I stay with 60 grams per quart of water (after its reduced) that comes to just under 2 grams per OZ. Then you simply take a shot glass and slam a shot in the morning and a shot in the evening for a 4 gram daily dose.

My only conern with that would be that the ice cube idea will preserve it much better. Im not sure how long the extract would stay "good" in the fridge in an ice tea jug.

Any ideas on shelf life in the fridge??

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Effects of Reshi? [Re: OZZ]
    #10440272 - 06/02/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That's why tinctures are so good. They last a year...and they don't require refridgeration nor simmering.

As for how long the extract lasts...can't help ya.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#10441203 - 06/02/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i know want something to sip i know when i make the tea if i drink a glass i feel it and 2 glasses makes me feel like i drank too much im sure if wine was used one glass would be just right

--------------------

OfflineMephistophelian
Quasi Hob-Nobbery
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10441920 - 06/02/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That...or you could make a tincture so you don't waste any Reishi. Then put 10-15 drops into a glass of wine...(or however many) then you could get it to an exact science by how many drops you need without wasting your mushroom by throwing it out using an inferior amount of alcohol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder