Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNoBrainNoPain
Enthusiast noob

Loc: here
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10269536 - 05/01/09 03:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

hi,

I recently read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Mushrooms-Religion-Alchemy-Heinrich/dp/0892819979

It makes lots of interesting relations with shrooms, mainly amanita muscaria, and history of religions.

Some very plausible theories, some more "esoteric" and a bit out of range, but if you read it with a little circonspection, it is a nice point of view.

--------------------
I would love a woodlover's print… PM If you have one and want to trade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10269548 - 05/01/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Off-topic personalisms such as Debate with mushroom trip =  :cruelworld:

You could tell her the earth revolves around the sun, but this would somehow be turned against you in a incoherent matter that eventually derives so far from the topic that it turns into a continuous shit loop of random questions that she answers your questions with.

I admire your energy and patience. are not allowed in P&S.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by deCypher (05/02/09 07:06 AM)

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10269560 - 05/01/09 03:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
Enthogens bring god inside me, that's all I know.  The only religious experience I have had is tripping, plain and simple.

If you have taken an entheogen, then you should know what it means when it is said:

Take and eat the body of Christ (Entheogen) and you will awaken the kingdom of god within yourself.  Its pretty fucking simple.

God didn't miraculously impregnate some bitch and bring Christianity to the heathens.  Its all a metaphor for the miracle of life going on around us at all times.

Nature, god, the universe gives rise to all of creation, and whenever you eat any part of it, you bring god closer to yourself.  God is just the defining essence of nature.  The energy flowing through all organisms that passes from one to the other upon eating.  And when you eat any creation of god, you bring it closer to yourself.  I just ate a watermelon, and it was so fucking full of life.  I could feel the power of creation within it and the life that it has given me, and the circle continues.  But it was ever more true for mushrooms, for they brought this circle a whole lot closer.

Mushrooms would have been very mysterious to ancient man because he would have no idea what a mycelium was.  The idea that god impregnated the earth to give rise to these "magical" mushrooms would have made sense.  And when eating said mushrooms brought insights about the world your damned right people wrote books about them.  They are manna, they are Christ in its self. 

I am tripping right now so this post is disjointed as fuck, but if you haven't come upon this yourself then you obviously have missed something.

You have the blinded religious idiots who are reading a book and worshiping a god they have never felt or known.  Taking stories that should be metaphor and touting them as fact, they are completely missing the point of the stories.

Then you have the people that see it as stories, and think that because it is fiction it is all bs.

Then you have the very few people who can see what it really means.  Its all a metaphor about life, and the constant miracle of creation going on around us.

Now you can spend your time mocking other people's beliefs, but your just missing out on life.  I know that god is just nature.  The complex flow of energy through different living systems.

I'm so high this post is hard to write, but I feel that anyone who has truely experienced and entheogen should know what I am talking about.  They reveal to you god at work in nature, and of course that is what religion is about.  Creation is Creation is nature is everything.  And you can take yourself as a part of that and bask in the glory that the universe brings, or make fun of other people's beliefs because you are too cynical to embrace the world and love all of creation.

Anyone who has seriously given it the thought with an open mind will realize that the religious experience, the mystical experience, is tripping!

And if you can take these substances, and not see the miracle of creation going on all around you, and become closer to god and all nature as being a part of that, then there is nothing anyone can do to make you see it.

Entheogens are the religious experience, and if you have missed that, then EAT MORE MUSHROOMS!

Nicely put, especially for being high!:thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10269857 - 05/01/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't realize that I was required to make it readily apparent that I was "proposing the idea in the context of playing with our imaginations and imagining the infinity of possibilities of what mystery could exist around a passed-down legend," as you so elequoently put it.

I kinda thought we could just, you know, actually discuss the topic and see where it went. :yesnod:

Quote:

Anyways, its clear that there was a fundamental understanding from the beginning and that it isn't the fault of simply one person, and I definitely don't think it was only one person who created an atmosphere of attitude, so its probably just best to move forward, realizing that there was simply a 'bout of the limitations of communication. :grin:

I am capable of moving forward.  We shall see if the "atmosphere of attitute" lingers.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10276417 - 05/03/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
What makes you so sure about all this?

Can you be absolutely certain that when you trip, you are in any contact with God?

When you take certain chemicals, they alter the way tou think.

It is incredibly presumtuous to assume that psychedelics are tools with which to commune with God.

The book Astrotheology and Shamanism , along with the corresponding movie, the Pharmacratic Inquisition represents around 10+ years of research on this topic by these two guys, which builds upon a lifetime of a former world leading scholar on early Christian/Jewish religions.

The only agnostic of a team of catholic priests who studied the dead sea scrolls came up with the idea that Jesus was a symbol for the mushroom, along with a mish-mash of other deities.  The other priests refused to release their translations, and obviously this guy was destroyed by the Catholic Church after he released this.  John Marco Allegro was his name I think.

Ok, first off you think of god differently than I do.  God for me is part of conciousness, and thus we are gods.  Even if psychedelics only bring me closer to myself, then it it closer to one god of many.  As for an omnipotent god, I believe that when I trip I resonate with the universe more, I have the feelings of connection with everything.  I feel a divine presence and if that is just my brain, so be it, it is a god in it's self, but I feel there is more.

Scientific exploration can only go so far, at one point we must rely on our senses.  Our bodies can be tricked, but we also have developed amazing sensory perception and an ability to translate this into a physical world around us.  The revelations I have had about life while tripping have always held great significance when I am sober again.  They give me new insights into myself and the world around me, on top of inspiration and motivation to work through school.  It comes to a point where I have religious experiences while tripping, and they are so powerful for me, so amazing and wonderful, that I don't care what they are really representative of, they are my gods.

These plants are a part of nature, and they bring me insights into nature and the subtle energy flows going on around me.  And this makes me feel closer to nature, which is another embodiment of my "god".

Any psychedelic using culture has regarded psychedelics as deities, and I think this is important in this argument.  So when discussing if Jesus, a representation of a god, is really a mushroom that was worshiped as god, this trend is important.

Look at this photo of jesus

Here before him are four plants, which are to represent syrian rue, amanita muscaria, psilocybe, and opium poppy, all made to look like Jesus, or Jesus like them.

So from this early representation of Jesus, at least this artist seemed to think there was a connection between Jesus and drugs.  That is just the beginning.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Cannashroom]
    #10277432 - 05/03/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:

The only agnostic of a team of catholic priests who studied the dead sea scrolls came up with the idea that Jesus was a symbol for the mushroom, along with a mish-mash of other deities.  The other priests refused to release their translations, and obviously this guy was destroyed by the Catholic Church after he released this. 

What do you think the reason was behind the priests being so secretive about about their own translations?

I have heard believers mention the Dead Sea Scrolls as being proof of the integrity of so many biblical translations, even after thousands of years passing and translatiions being made into several languages.

Perhaps the catholic priests attacked the agnostic's idea, because there was no proof of its validity, yet he offered the idea as a theory to be discussed.

Quote:

Ok, first off you think of god differently than I do.  God for me is part of conciousness, and thus we are gods.  Even if psychedelics only bring me closer to myself, then it it closer to one god of many.  As for an omnipotent god, I believe that when I trip I resonate with the universe more, I have the feelings of connection with everything.  I feel a divine presence and if that is just my brain, so be it, it is a god in it's self, but I feel there is more.

Scientific exploration can only go so far, at one point we must rely on our senses.  Our bodies can be tricked, but we also have developed amazing sensory perception and an ability to translate this into a physical world around us.  The revelations I have had about life while tripping have always held great significance when I am sober again.  They give me new insights into myself and the world around me, on top of inspiration and motivation to work through school.  It comes to a point where I have religious experiences while tripping, and they are so powerful for me, so amazing and wonderful, that I don't care what they are really representative of, they are my gods.

These plants are a part of nature, and they bring me insights into nature and the subtle energy flows going on around me.  And this makes me feel closer to nature, which is another embodiment of my "god".

Any psychedelic using culture has regarded psychedelics as deities, and I think this is important in this argument.  So when discussing if Jesus, a representation of a god, is really a mushroom that was worshiped as god, this trend is important.

Look at this photo of jesus

Here before him are four plants, which are to represent syrian rue, amanita muscaria, psilocybe, and opium poppy, all made to look like Jesus, or Jesus like them.

So from this early representation of Jesus, at least this artist seemed to think there was a connection between Jesus and drugs.  That is just the beginning.

So, you don't necessarily believe in a divine creator, but you like to throw the word god around, in order to imply that your psychedelic trips are more special than merely chemicals affecting the function of your brain?

About that Jesus pic, I don't think those are four plants at all.  They look like four forms of fungi to me.  I can see the Psilocybe on the left and the Amanita muscaria on the right.  Why would you think that the blue and orange shrooms were Syrian Rue and Papaver somniferum?

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #10278149 - 05/03/09 01:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

These plants are a part of nature, and they bring me insights into nature and the subtle energy flows going on around me.

So if you ate some Destroying Angel mushrooms, they would really teach you lots about nature?

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10278196 - 05/03/09 01:09 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

These plants are a part of nature, and they bring me insights into nature and the subtle energy flows going on around me.

So if you ate some Destroying Angel mushrooms, they would really teach you lots about nature?

I don't know what it's like to die :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10278297 - 05/03/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Here's a dude eating Amanita phalloides.

I wonder what the point of this was.

--------------------

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

#10278496 - 05/03/09 02:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey some things are meant to continue the cycle of life in other ways, like kill you so the forest floor can benefit from your decomposing body.  Not all of nature is nice, and you need to find what works for you.  I was specifically talking about psychedelics giving me insights, so bringing up poisonous mushrooms is kinda pointless.

I don't give a shit if you think its all BS.  I can have great experiences that benefit my life and bring me closer to myself and nature.  If you don't get that from your trips that's too bad, but don't bash what I experience because you don't have them.

And yes, I said god to me isn't a divine creator.  I feel all of nature is encompassing of god, and that we are all gods in our selves as I said before.  We have the power of creation in our minds, for the choices we make alter the course of our reality, and can give rise to an infinite number of parallel universes according to the decisions we could make.

As for the four mushrooms that's what I have heard from people studying it.  Look up the pharmacratic inquisition, its is a good movie on this subject.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblemad_cow
He hates these cans!

#10278548 - 05/03/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I am going to be eating hot dogs later. Should I put it on youtube?

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: mad_cow]
    #10278663 - 05/03/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: mad_cow]
    #10278759 - 05/03/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mad_cow said:
I am going to be eating hot dogs later. Should I put it on youtube?

If you're a hot girl, please do so :laugh:

Hey MushroomTrip, I have a question for you, howcome you are immune to being banned for personalisms? Each post you post is a personalism. I don't mind that tho, I love your posts, but each time I want to make a post like that I get banned. What's your secret?

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10278901 - 05/03/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannashroom said:
I don't give a shit if you think its all BS.  I can have great experiences that benefit my life and bring me closer to myself and nature.  If you don't get that from your trips that's too bad, but don't bash what I experience because you don't have them.

Well, I don't suppose you'll get your feelings hurt then if I tell you I do think it is BS.  I have great experiences on psychedelics, and I don't feel the need to pretend to be a god to be able to appreciate my place in nature, because I accept the fact that I am an animal.

I am not bashing your trips because I haven't experienced the same things you believe you have experienced.  I am just calling you out on your scientifically unsupported statements of being something more than human, and/or making contact with something higher than your human conciousness, under the influence of chemicals.

Quote:

As for the four mushrooms that's what I have heard from people studying it.  Look up the pharmacratic inquisition, its is a good movie on this subject.

Well, someone told you wrong, because mushrooms aren't plants, and flowers like Syrian Rue and Papaver somniferum don't resemble mushrooms.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #10278981 - 05/03/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
Hey MushroomTrip, I have a question for you, howcome you are immune to being banned for personalisms? Each post you post is a personalism. I don't mind that tho, I love your posts, but each time I want to make a post like that I get banned. What's your secret?

I keep asking where exactly are the personalisms that I make, and nobody can give me a coherent answer.
The fact that I laugh about what people post, or comment my opinion about what they say, even if I say I think it's dumb, doesn't constitute as a personalism, since I'm not calling the posters dumb or stupid. In case you didn't read the rules, one is allowed to attack and analyze any idea presented here.

Each time I did make a personalism I was sanctioned for it, and I did it willingly, like that one time where I asked a poster if they shove a candle up their asses many many times. The warning that I got was completely worth it. :laugh:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10279014 - 05/03/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

Diaboleros said:

I keep asking where exactly are the personalisms that I make, and nobody can give me a coherent answer.
The fact that I laugh about what people post, or comment my opinion about what they say, even if I say I think it's dumb, doesn't constitute as a personalism, since I'm not calling the posters dumb or stupid. In case you didn't read the rules, one is allowed to attack and analyze any idea presented here.

Each time I did make a personalism I was sanctioned for it, and I did it willingly, like that one time where I asked a poster if they shove a candle up their asses many many times. The warning that I got was completely worth it. :laugh:

As much as I enjoy arguing with you, I would not accuse you of resorting to personalisms.  There is nothing wrong with emoticons.  There is a difference between making personal remarks and just being a creative smartass.

--------------------

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10281141 - 05/03/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

Diaboleros said:

Hahahah! You're a genius, so that is your trick. You simply substitute "you" for "your idea". Thanks for sharing your secret.

You know what MushroomTrip? The truth is that I think your ideas are the most retarded ideas on the surface of this planet. I also think your ideas smell like poop and look as if they came out of the ass of a baboon. Your ideas are like a finger in the throat, each time I read them, it makes me puke. Nothing personal tho.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Were mushrooms and marijuana staples of the early Christians' lives? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #10281523 - 05/04/09 12:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ideas smell like poop? Can you perhaps show some evidence? :sherlock:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

#10281563 - 05/04/09 12:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not pretending to be a god, with some omnipotence.  All I am saying is it brought to light the fact that we are all gods.  We all control our own reality through our thoughts and actions, and all hold the power of creation via this.  Although it is not the same creation people think of, we have the ability to create thoughts, which are a creation.

I didn't say I was more than human, I said that humans are gods through their conciousness.  I never said I communicated with any god, but that I felt the presence of a deity.

As for nature, there's no way I could have the same connection with out tripping.  Walking through a forest, and feeling the deep connection to the earth and all other living things around me is something I never experienced until tripping.

And for the picture, I meant to say there are two mushrooms and two plants (syrian rue and opium) stylized as mushrooms.

Stop arguing with me over it and watch the pharmacratic inquisition.  It is based on years of real research into this topic, and is quite informative.

Humans always have been spiritual beings, it is only once we entered the modern world this connection was lost.  I feel that many of the health problems today, especially mental health is a disconnection with spiritual practice.

As for being scientific, that is pretty fucking irrelevant when it comes to religious experiences.  As I said before science can only take us so far, there is a point where you have to rely on your personal experiences, and the search for god is one of them.  You can't do a double blind study in the search for god, but you can prove (has been done) that mushrooms give a mystical experience.

Don't take this as I have no idea about science or how an experiment works.  I am an honors biochemistry student, I would venture I know more about human and cell physiology than 98% of the people here.

There is a big difference between the normal chemical drugs, and psychedelics.  When a chemical can change your values and world view so drastically, completely change the focus of your life, while at the same time release all the tight muscles in my back and hip, this is something so much more.  These substances, for me at least, are healing where they are needed (my back for example) while also being mind expanding.  They work on your conciousness, not just the body or mind as pharmaceuticals do.  They interact with the mind and body, bringing help where it is needed.  These are not mere chemicals, they are much much more.

Mescaline especially for me is an incredible medicine and teacher, and for that I regard it as a deity.  For the only real gods that have helped me through my life have been plants, and for that I choose to worship the earth and nature as my god.

I was an atheist for a long time until my first Oral DMT trip.  It was then I realized that we are all gods within ourselves, and every trip since then has confirmed it more and more.  I am not trying to be an egotistical asshole here saying I am better than everyone else.  I am saying that the bible has some truth to it when it said we all hold the kingdom of god within us, and you can used Jesus's body to awaken it.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#10282088 - 05/04/09 03:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Ideas smell like poop? Can you perhaps show some evidence? :sherlock:

Yes, all of your posts are evidence. Go ahead, sniff them, and smell for yourself. Emperical evidence ftw. :crazy2:

@Cannashroom: Very cool theory, I think exactly the same. Too bad so many people are convinced that we are slaves tho.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale