Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetherealziz
mushy gangsta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Lower Michigan
what might i find here in my backyard? pics attatched
    #10261445 - 04/30/09 11:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

these are some photos of my backyard. havent found anything yet, but i know something is gonna grow nearby. active or not there are definately gonna be some species of mushrooms here. my question is what actives should i keep an eye out for?

--------------------
if anyone has any spore sprints of actives or anything like that that they would like to pass on to a beginner than im your man just pm me.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: what might i find here in my backyard? pics attatched [Re: therealziz]
    #10261755 - 04/30/09 12:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

In Michigan, you might find Conocybe smithii, but it's really a long shot, and it's not easy to identify.

Offlinetherealziz
mushy gangsta
Male User Gallery

Re: what might i find here in my backyard? pics attatched [Re: jet li]
    #10261927 - 04/30/09 01:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i did a little reading up on c. smithii, yea its not easily identified. i also did some research on p. ovoideocystidiata and what i read was that it supposedly grows in overflow areas where there are lots of hardwood debris, and in herbaceous areas near rivers and streams. theres quite a few areas like this very near my home (within 4-5 miles).

its gonna be hard to find ovoids in michigan, but im sure if there are any than the areas im talking about are where they are gonna grow. probably not in my backyard, (that would amazing) but in some of the places a little further away. the only active mushrooms ive ever consumed were cultivated cubies. i like them, but i also wanna try some different varieties.

--------------------
if anyone has any spore sprints of actives or anything like that that they would like to pass on to a beginner than im your man just pm me.

Offlinejet li
The One
Male User Gallery

Loc: penis double yew
Re: what might i find here in my backyard? pics attatched [Re: therealziz]
    #10261967 - 04/30/09 01:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah i didn't even think of p. ovoid.  yeah, i don't too much about p. ovoid.  just that it's a woodlover, and of course it should give a purple/brown spore print.  also look for a removable pellicle with fresh wet specimens.

Offlinetherealziz
mushy gangsta
Male User Gallery

Re: what might i find here in my backyard? pics attatched [Re: jet li]
    #10262014 - 04/30/09 01:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

oh heres a pic of a woodchip pile i found down the road from my house in the woods. im hoping something will grow there as well.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification