Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Flipping cakes over when removing them from jars
    #1025157 - 11/05/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

quote from: http://www.shroomery.org/scgt/SCGTv0.5.html

"It is very important that the cake is fruited in the same orientation (with the same side up) as it had when it was incubating. If it is turned over during birthing, it will try to fruit from the original "top" side of the cake, even if this side is now facing down. This is bad, because the mushrooms can?t grow correctly from the underside of the cake, and you will grow very few mushrooms."

Is this really true?? Every other FAQ i read says the opposite. They all say to turn the cakes upside down, so the vermiculite layer is at the bottom.

Also, the last week or so before birthing I will have my jars turned upside down to get some fresh oxygen into them. Will this affect fruiting at all?

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOi812
iAm wE tALL dID
Re: Flipping cakes over when removing them from jars [Re: flawed]
    #1025174 - 11/05/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dont find this to be true myself. They will grow towards the light no matter what. Just my two cents though, not set in stone...

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1025280 - 11/05/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I hope somebody with some experience will respond. I'm finding that the statement of the shrooms growing from the bottom seems to be true. Thats where all the shrooms seem to be coming from.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlinedjneutron
ummmm...idunnnnoooo

Loc: OHIO
Re: Flipping cakes over when removing them from ja [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1025344 - 11/05/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It makes no difference what so ever...the only thing verm does is holds moisture in so the cake can draw water as needed... a lot of peeps sprinkle verm on the top of the cake no matter which side is used as the top...It will make no difference, like the guy said in the 1st reply they will grow towards the light regardless...If u find that most of pins r coming from the bottom where the verm is, this is probably a sign that the rest of the cake needs more moisture...gently mist your cakes a little more and u should start seeing pins forming from all around

--------------------
www.sporesrus.com

Anonymous

#1025348 - 11/05/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Half way through colonization I flip my cakes upside down and loosen the lid to let air out. Whoever wrote that is full of shit.

Offlineflawed
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: Flipping cakes over when removing them from jars [Re: Anonymous]
    #1025477 - 11/05/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

umm, i thought flipping your jars and loosening the lids lets air *IN* not out? because C02 is heavier than oxygen and "falls" to the bottom when you flip the jars. please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

--------------------
------------------
----------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds