Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
mycelllium transplant
    #1024922 - 11/05/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok, i don't actually grow yet but i'm studying up. i read that you can transplant mycellium to spawn, and my question is:

is it possible to take some mycellium from one cake or whatever, put it in another jar and let it colonise, then keep repeating the process? basically i'm wondering if there is another way to propagate without having to use spores each time....

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: mycelllium transplant [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #1024944 - 11/05/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You can transfer mycelium, you just need to be REALLY sterile when doing it. I did jar to jar transfers with BRF cakes with no flowhood, but I was in a small bathroom immersed in lysol. Most people recommend using a flowhood when doing this, also read up on Grain to Grain transfers.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1024993 - 11/05/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have done several cake to grain/birdseed transfers and they work wonderfully. Take extra precautions to ensure cleanliness and go for it. I chopped my cakes of PR's and Thai Koh Samui's in a blender (cleaned between each variety) and mixed them in freshly sterilized rye and birdseed jars. I used 1 cake per 4 qt jars. This worked amazingly well and the jars colonized quickly. I worked in my clean kitchen with no air movement, working quickly to provide the least exposure time. So far no contams.
I'm not sure about this, but I think you only want to propogate mycellium this way for maybe one or two generations, after which the myc loses vigor. Like I said, I have not gone that far yet, I've just read about myc losing vigor. I could be wrong. I usually take one or two pf cakes from each batch and spawn some rye jars for bulk growing. The rest of the cakes go into the terrarium to provide mushy friends for my bros on a regular basis.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: mycelllium transplant [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1027369 - 11/06/02 08:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the help guys!  :grin:

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1027416 - 11/06/02 08:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Use the oven tek dude. I think you'll find that most of the hardcore dudes on here use grain to grain transfers LOTS, because they are very effective.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags