Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: Preggo - Weird mutant from Amazonian [Re: psily]
    #10205719 - 04/21/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You're not sure how I cam to the conclusion that it is unlikely for a mycelium to suddenly start producing an alien substance? Well I'll tell you how. It's called logic. Are you trying to tell me that it is actually likely for a specific mycelium to suddenly start producing a brand new substance for no reason? I'm not gonna try and say that this is impossible but come on, that just doesn't commonly happen all of the sudden.

I'm not aware of your idea in the thread as you mentioned. I am assuming you talked about adding some organophosphate of some type to increase psilocybin/psilocin production and no, that is irrelevant to what I was speaking about.

As for the weight of the fruit in the picture, well that tiny little thing weighed 3.5 grams dry.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsily
Female User Gallery

Re: Preggo - Weird mutant from Amazonian [Re: LightShedder]
    #10206142 - 04/21/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol! I never said that it was likely "for a specific mycelium to suddenly start producing a brand new substance". This strange idea never occurred to me. I never "talked about adding some organophosphate of some type to increase psilocybin/psilocin production" either. I guess sometimes we just scan posts without paying much attention. No sweat. :smile:

Better tell us how your mutants are doing and if your idea that they may be more potent pans out.

--------------------
All mushrooms are edible but some are edible only once. :mushroom2:

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #10208081 - 04/21/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Did the entire tub look like this? It looks like the  pics are of just one mushroom, but I'm looking in low-res.

No-one suggested that your mushrooms were producing mold/bacterium/other alien substance.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

#10215907 - 04/22/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psily said:
What if it is infected with a virus? Or a mycobacterium? Not to scare you or anything - if it infects shrooms it's unlikely to pose a problem for a mammal. Still, there gotta be a reason for this.

Edit: you can test it. Cut a piece of the mutant tissue and insert into a healthy cake/tray. If it affects it similarly, it's an ifection. If not, it may be a mutation.

He suggested it. So I explained how incredibly unlikely I thought this would be.
And yeah the whole tub was covered in different looking mutants. There were a few garlic clove lookin ones in a cluster and I cloned one.

--------------------

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

#10219698 - 04/23/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Quote:

psily said:
What if it is infected with a virus? Or a mycobacterium? Not to scare you or anything - if it infects shrooms it's unlikely to pose a problem for a mammal. Still, there gotta be a reason for this.

Edit: you can test it. Cut a piece of the mutant tissue and insert into a healthy cake/tray. If it affects it similarly, it's an ifection. If not, it may be a mutation.

He suggested it. So I explained how incredibly unlikely I thought this would be.
And yeah the whole tub was covered in different looking mutants. There were a few garlic clove lookin ones in a cluster and I cloned one.

Uh, he suggested perhaps they were infected, not that they manufactured their own infection... Maybe we're just not speaking the same language.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Preggo - Weird mutant from Amazonian [Re: Mad River]
    #10223386 - 04/23/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This isn't where I wanted this thread to go but whatever.

He said it might be infected with a "mycobacterium" which I'm not even sure is a real thing.

He also hinted at the fact that it might be toxic. In order for a mushroom that doesn't normally produce toxins to suddenly start producing toxins, a scientific phenomenon must take place. Either that or a specific substance could be added to the substrate to cause the fruits to do so (which definitely wasn't the case here). EIther way, if a psilocybin mushroom started producing a harmful toxin, it would be producing an "alien substance". This would be unlikely to occur. That's all I was ever saying.

I don't see what you guys are trying to accomplish with all these argumentative posts. Every reply I've made is in regards to some doubtful or otherwise non-productive post. Please stop with the obviously aggravating posts. I'm curious if anyone else has ever seen a mutation similar to this.

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #10223832 - 04/24/09 12:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Look in my Mutant thread.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

#10225069 - 04/24/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:

He said it might be infected with a "mycobacterium" which I'm not even sure is a real thing.

He also hinted at the fact that it might be toxic. In order for a mushroom that doesn't normally produce toxins to suddenly start producing toxins, a scientific phenomenon must take place. Either that or a specific substance could be added to the substrate to cause the fruits to do so (which definitely wasn't the case here). EIther way, if a psilocybin mushroom started producing a harmful toxin, it would be producing an "alien substance". This would be unlikely to occur. That's all I was ever saying.

I don't see what you guys are trying to accomplish with all these argumentative posts. Every reply I've made is in regards to some doubtful or otherwise non-productive post. Please stop with the obviously aggravating posts. I'm curious if anyone else has ever seen a mutation similar to this.

Jesus Christ, anything infected with a bacteria could be toxic. The bacteria, or a byproduct of the bacteria, would be the toxin, not the mushroom. That's not a difficult concept to grasp.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

#10238410 - 04/26/09 07:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, if the mycelium were to be infected by some kind of bacteria, it would do it's job (and a damn good one) as intended by nature to prevent any of the bacteria from entering the mushroom fruitbody. If the fruitbodies themselves were to be infected by some bacteria external to the mycelium, it would be pretty obvious. And the oddly shaped fruits definitely seemed to be of normal smell, texture, consistency, original color etc. The only difference was that the stem started small, then eventually bulged out. You tell me, do you think this was genetic or from a bacteria? Also, this wasn't even really my argument in the first place. The only point I was trying to get across to you is whether or not the tub was infected, the mushrooms wouldn't pose any health risks for reasons I've already stated. Give me a reference of a psilocybin mushroom producing a toxin or any substance other then it's standard alkaloids without the addition of any foreign substance to the substrate, and I will "understand" the "difficult concept" that you are trying so hard to convince me of.

--------------------

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

#10238532 - 04/26/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:You tell me, do you think this was genetic or from a bacteria?

My inexpert opinion is that they are the result of either genetic or environmental influences. I doubt there is anything toxic about them.

Quote:

LightShedder said:Give me a reference of a psilocybin mushroom producing a toxin or any substance other then it's standard alkaloids without the addition of any foreign substance to the substrate, and I will "understand" the "difficult concept" that you are trying so hard to convince me of.

Nope. You will apparently never understand what I was saying, as you are asking me for a reference for something that I was most definitely NOT trying to say. You are either dense, or English is not your first language. I suggest you test your mutants by shoving several of them up your ass. I'm sure psilocybin buttplugs will be amazingly popular at all the gay raves this summer. Good luck!
:gayflag::discofever::gayflag:

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

#10241408 - 04/27/09 07:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You might not have been trying to say it, but that's the whole point. I was saying THAT and then you responded with something totally irrelevant. I said that it was highly unlikely that the mushrooms were infected with a bacteria and you responded to that by saying, "is this so difficult of a concept to grasp". And I said yes it is hard to grasp. All I was every sayin was that the mushrooms themselves would probably not be infected by a bacteria. Whatever you chose to respond to that with, I really don't give a shit. Apparently you just wanna piss all over each other instead of actually contributing something productive. I'm sure you're a mature respectable person. This is how our conversation has gone down...

Quote:

psily said:

Quote:

LightShedder said:
You're not sure how I cam to the conclusion that it is unlikely for a mycelium to suddenly start producing an alien substance? Well I'll tell you how. It's called logic. Are you trying to tell me that it is actually likely for a specific mycelium to suddenly start producing a brand new substance for no reason? I'm not gonna try and say that this is impossible but come on, that just doesn't commonly happen all of the sudden.

I'm not aware of your idea in the thread as you mentioned. I am assuming you talked about adding some organophosphate of some type to increase psilocybin/psilocin production and no, that is irrelevant to what I was speaking about.

Quote:

Mad River said:

No-one suggested that your mushrooms were producing mold/bacterium/other alien substance.

Quote:

Mad River said:
Quote:

LightShedder said:

Jesus Christ, anything infected with a bacteria could be toxic. The bacteria, or a byproduct of the bacteria, would be the toxin, not the mushroom. That's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Actually, if the mycelium were to be infected by some kind of bacteria, it would do it's job (and a damn good one) as intended by nature to prevent any of the bacteria from entering the mushroom fruitbody. If the fruitbodies themselves were to be infected by some bacteria external to the mycelium, it would be pretty obvious. And the oddly shaped fruits definitely seemed to be of normal smell, texture, consistency, original color etc. The only difference was that the stem started small, then eventually bulged out. You tell me, do you think this was genetic or from a bacteria? Also, this wasn't even really my argument in the first place. The only point I was trying to get across to you is whether or not the tub was infected, the mushrooms wouldn't pose any health risks for reasons I've already stated. Give me a reference of a psilocybin mushroom producing a toxin or any substance other then it's standard alkaloids without the addition of any foreign substance to the substrate, and I will "understand" the "difficult concept" that you are trying so hard to convince me of.

Quote:

Mad River said:
Quote:

LightShedder said:You tell me, do you think this was genetic or from a bacteria?

My inexpert opinion is that they are the result of either genetic or environmental influences. I doubt there is anything toxic about them.

Quote:

LightShedder said:Give me a reference of a psilocybin mushroom producing a toxin or any substance other then it's standard alkaloids without the addition of any foreign substance to the substrate, and I will "understand" the "difficult concept" that you are trying so hard to convince me of.

Nope. You will apparently never understand what I was saying, as you are asking me for a reference for something that I was most definitely NOT trying to say. You are either dense, or English is not your first language. I suggest you test your mutants by shoving several of them up your ass. I'm sure psilocybin buttplugs will be amazingly popular at all the gay raves this summer. Good luck!
:gayflag::discofever::gayflag:

You "most definitely were NOT trying to say that" huh????? (the reference to the toxin-producing mushroom) Well you must have forgot saying this, "
Jesus Christ, anything infected with a bacteria could be toxic. The bacteria, or a byproduct of the bacteria, would be the toxin, not the mushroom. That's not a difficult concept to grasp."

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10242527 - 04/27/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you guys are beating a dead cat here. 

theres nothing wrong with any of those mushies, they are just mutants/malformations.  A genetic mishap thats all nothing more/less.

they are cool lookin and have the potential to be more potant than avg.

:peace:

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Preggo - Weird mutant from Amazonian [Re: 13shrooms]
    #10245813 - 04/27/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I dig the mutant thread 13. I put pics of this mushroom up there. Does anyone know of any readily available mutagens?

--------------------

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #10245821 - 04/27/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
I dig the mutant thread 13. I put pics of this mushroom up there. Does anyone know of any readily available mutagens?

UV light.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: Preggo - Weird mutant from Amazonian [Re: Shroominit]
    #10248113 - 04/28/09 08:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Indeed. I used 70 % iso. alcohol to clean my tubs prior to spawning and that is how I accidentally came across this mutant.

--------------------

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

#10248616 - 04/28/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So if you think your alcohol caused the mutation, why do you think you will be able to duplicate it by cloning?

This is what I was referring to when I said, "My inexpert opinion is that they are the result of either genetic or environmental influences."

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10248984 - 04/28/09 11:44 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
Indeed. I used 70 % iso. alcohol to clean my tubs prior to spawning and that is how I accidentally came across this mutant.

alcohol didnt do that.  it was genetic.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate