Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
My Brush With Inane Racism
    #10246617 - 04/27/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was at the store picking up some shorts today, what with spring coming and all. In front of me in line was an asian dude (I think he was korean) and in front of him was an oldish (~65+) white woman. 

When the woman was checking out, she asked the cashier what some of the symbols on the tag meant (instructions on how to wash the thing). The cashier didn't know, so the woman looked around for someone else to ask and spotted the asian dude in front of me. She turns back to the cashier, points at the guy, and says "That man's Chinese maybe he knows!" and proceded to go ask the guy (who had no idea).

Now asking a random stranger would be one thing.  But clearly she was thinking: Chinese people are the folks who runs laundromats, this dude's Chinese, he must have laundromat experience.

:facepalm:

That's like asking a black dude about how to tell quality cotton.  And considering how few Chinese people these days fulfill the laundromat-operator stereotype, I'd call that display of racism flat-out inane.

I'm not even quite sure what to think of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAircooled
Litre-A-Cola
 User Gallery

Loc: Chee...
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Entropymancer]
    #10246662 - 04/27/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thats life in the melting pot. You get to experience all types.

--------------------
"Jack thought it twice and thought that that had made it true. Some brains just work that way, that's what chemicals can do."

BTS

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
    #10246679 - 04/27/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

Invisibleindian hemp
Stranger
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Aircooled]
    #10246681 - 04/27/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

People that over use the words racism and racist should be shot in the back of the head along with people that blindly trust the government like most retarded faggot high school and college kids that consider themselves democrat or republican.

OfflineYour Destination
Stranger-than-you
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: indian hemp]
    #10246720 - 04/27/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

For a moment there I thought the symbols were in Chinese, and I had to figure out why it was racist :lol:.

--------------------

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Your Destination]
    #10246764 - 04/27/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

she probably thought he could read the symbols

yeah...

i have been invited to an asian fraternity party before.

i got there and i was told i was at the wrong house.
after i even told the people that i had been invited i was still told i was at the wrong house.

fuck asians.

I got the person who invited me to get me in... i drank a beer threw a cigarette on the lawn and left.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #10246773 - 04/27/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
I was at the store picking up some shorts today, what with spring coming and all. In front of me in line was an asian dude (I think he was korean) and in front of him was an oldish (~65+) white woman. 

When the woman was checking out, she asked the cashier what some of the symbols on the tag meant (instructions on how to wash the thing). The cashier didn't know, so the woman looked around for someone else to ask and spotted the asian dude in front of me. She turns back to the cashier, points at the guy, and says "That man's Chinese maybe he knows!" and proceded to go ask the guy (who had no idea).

Now asking a random stranger would be one thing.  But clearly she was thinking: Chinese people are the folks who runs laundromats, this dude's Chinese, he must have laundromat experience.

That's like asking a black dude about how to tell quality cotton.  And considering how few Chinese people these days fulfill the laundromat-operator stereotype, I'd call that display of racism flat-out inane.

If you were in KFC and there was a mid-20s white guy and a thirty year old black man who would you get a recommendation from?
The lady was just trying to improve her chances of being helpful to the old woman.

Pong: Probably had nothing to do with them being Asian and everything to do with them being a fraternity. I have turned many people down for bullshit reasons and been turned down many times for bullshit reasons. Some times frats don't want their parties getting too big, especially if they aren't a big frat.

--------------------
!

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: jewunit]
    #10246785 - 04/27/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

OP, I assume the lady asked the asian man because the symbols on the tag were in Chinese... not because of the laundry-mat thing. I would have never thought of that until you brought it up.

She's just playing the favorites :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #10246786 - 04/27/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I don't see how she was being racist: she probably just didn't know much about Asia in general. She saw Asian symbols and an Asian person, and she went for it. I think you're projecting the whole laundromat thing. :shrug:

It definitely would have been racist if she'd called his native tongue 'gobbledeegook.' :nonono:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Cameron]
    #10246811 - 04/27/09 11:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I just picked up 15 clothing items off my floor, and not one had anything but English or Spanish on it.
All but one had the cleaning symbols.
I'm thinking Entropymancer is right on why the cashier asked the Chinese guy.

--------------------
!

OfflineCalix
Seek, Kill, Destroy

#10246830 - 04/27/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:ilold:

how bad would life suck if we couldnt laugh at each other

:thumbdown::thumbdown: for PC

--------------------
"Im too drunk to taste this chicken"

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #10246895 - 04/27/09 11:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

On this other board, this Puerto Rican guy was talking shit about Mexicans.  I told him "Shut up, Mexican."

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: jewunit]
    #10246911 - 04/28/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, they weren't in chinese or anything, it was just the normal symbols (the triangles and x's and squares and shit).

And it was the old woman who asked the asian dude. The way she exclaimed "Oh he's Chinese!" made it pretty clear that the old woman expected that all chinese people understand laundry symbols. I don't see how it could have been anything but an outdated stereotype in action.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Silversoul]
    #10246914 - 04/28/09 12:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
On this other board, this Puerto Rican guy was talking shit about Mexicans.  I told him "Shut up, Mexican."

See, that's just plain funny.

This situation confuses me because I'm unsure how to evaluate the lulz-value :imslow:

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: indian hemp]
    #10247021 - 04/28/09 12:33 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

indian hemp said:
People that over use the words racism and racist should be shot in the back of the head along with people that blindly trust the government like most retarded faggot high school and college kids that consider themselves democrat or republican.

So usage of these terms outside of your semantic perspective of them should be punished by death or massive brain damage(unless we're talking about a non-lethal weapon here.  Did you mean ejaculation when you said shooting?  That would make a bit of a difference :wink:.)?  Just checking.

I'd say the act of the older woman was indeed racist by my perspective of racism.  A parallel could be drawn to one who considers thelema "the scientology of yesteryear" when speaking of discriminatory remarks stemming from ignorant perspectives, eh entropy.  :smile::tongue:  Just a contemplation on whether the drop that fell upon my head was once part of that which I cast under the bridge, if you could pardon my peculiar mood tonight(just a playful jab).

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #10247053 - 04/28/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:

I'm Mexican. Fuck Puerto Ricans! :thebird:

:awesome:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineSynesthetic
Ratings go in journal.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tooele, UT
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Poid]
    #10247084 - 04/28/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'd be pretty pissed if someone assumed I could speak spanish or native american.

If they asked though I'd tell them "no" and not be upset at all. I just don't like it when someone assumes I can do anything except maybe lift something heavy because of my physical appearance.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #10247093 - 04/28/09 12:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:

I'm Mexican. Fuck Puerto Ricans! :thebird:

:awesome:

At least Puerto Ricans are allowed in this country. Take your ass back over the border.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Synesthetic]
    #10247097 - 04/28/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

When I work hard around white people, they always compliment me on my "work ethic"! :lol:

Stereotypes, FTW! :awesome:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10247106 - 04/28/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
When I work hard around white people, they always compliment me on my "work ethic"! :lol:

I've never been so lucky to work with a stereotypical Mexican. Every Mexican I've ever worked with did everything wrong and tried to pull the "no speka engrish" bullshit when you tell them to fix it. Yet once they are on break they can speak English pretty damn well.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #10247154 - 04/28/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't call myself a stereotypical Mexican at all; most stereotypical Mexicans don't like white people, so maybe that's why he pulled such a dick move on you! :haha:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
    #10247158 - 04/28/09 01:12 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

In my opinion of the words, I think there is a huge difference between racism and prejudice. Every one of us pre-judges people, or maintains a few stereotypes.

It is racist once you hate all of one people for those stereotypes.

The lady is old fashioned and prejudice, but maybe not racist. If she were a racist, she wouldn't want to get the facts about the garment from anyone but a white person.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10247196 - 04/28/09 01:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
I wouldn't call myself a stereotypical Mexican at all; most stereotypical Mexicans don't like white people, so maybe that's why he pulled such a dick move on you! :haha:

Yea, the guy I was talking about seemed to have a problem with everyone (white or black) except the other Mexicans.

I've had the same thing happen though with many races. I've worked with two brothers that were black. One was a hard worker and the other just sat in the back of the building talking on the phone and leaving to go smoke pot constantly.

In the end race doesn't make a person. A person makes them self.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10247315 - 04/28/09 01:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:

So true. :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10247656 - 04/28/09 05:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

Poid said:

I've never been so lucky to work with a stereotypical Mexican. Every Mexican I've ever worked with did everything wrong and tried to pull the "no speka engrish" bullshit when you tell them to fix it. Yet once they are on break they can speak English pretty damn well.

then you've worked with a typical mexican as opposed to the
stereotypical mexican, I've worked with a few that didnt try and
take a 2hr nap after lunch, that did their best to clarify
communication and stayed on the assigned task, most did what
they could to avoid work to the point they'd fuck things up in
hopes of being sent home

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10247779 - 04/28/09 06:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

did you put the ones(most of em) that tried to fuck up as an excuse to get sent home to hard labour?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: filthee]
    #10247783 - 04/28/09 06:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

no, they got to go home, a few got to come back the next day

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10247803 - 04/28/09 06:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

less pay/more hours?

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #10247828 - 04/28/09 06:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

- the cashier really should have known what those symbols meant
- calling Koreans Chinese typically will elicit a negative response, sounds like the guy was pretty patient
- racism is difficult to experience, I never felt it until I traveled overseas

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #10247834 - 04/28/09 06:33 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

monkeyheaven said:

Or spend some time in the hood.

As a white guy in a predominantly black neighborhood, I am discriminated against every day!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: pong]
    #10247842 - 04/28/09 06:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:

yeah...

after i even told the people that i had been invited i was still told i was at the wrong house.

fuck asians.

I got the person who invited me to get me in... i drank a beer threw a cigarette on the lawn and left.

Can you blame them for the way they are probably treated by white people?

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
    #10247849 - 04/28/09 06:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:

So true. :thumbup:

No not at all, race and culture are very much related and culture is definitely what makes a person who they are.  people aren't racist because of the color of of someones skin it's the cultural differences

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlinesamba_lightning
diminished 5th
Male User Gallery

#10247886 - 04/28/09 07:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i dont think that was too racist, i tihnk you're looking into it too much maybe..maybe she thought 'stereotypically asian dudes are clever so he'll know'  =P  i dont know..around where i live asians arent associated with laundry places though =/ so i duno good sir

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#10247898 - 04/28/09 07:08 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pong said:
i have been invited to a white fraternity party before.

fuck white people.

Welcome to racism. I agree, that sucks donkey dong.

Interesting is that if you had told it like this, several posters would probably have a go at you in some way or another.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Asante]
    #10247917 - 04/28/09 07:21 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

that is a minor brush, try experiencing it directly and constantly. i am 1/2 Arabic + 1/2 French

--------------------

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10247931 - 04/28/09 07:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

monkeyheaven said:

Or spend some time in the hood.

As a white guy in a predominantly black neighborhood, I am discriminated against every day!

Yeah, I forgot about that, I used to spend a lot of time in rough neighborhoods, but it was mostly in night clubs with a pretty good mix of folks to whom race didn't matter.  On the streets outside the clubs was totally different, though!
I was jumped once for being white in America.  That was just so bizarre, I blew it off and still kept visiting the same block.  I've gotten jumped here in Asia for being white too.  In both cases, perhaps I should've been less kind to the attackers when they first confronted me. 
Now that I live abroad, it's more the institutionalized racism that grates on me, but I have my coping strategy (drinking lots of beer).
What's your coping strategy?

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #10247970 - 04/28/09 07:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I bet your hot, pics plz :hehehe:

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Ego Death]
    #10249122 - 04/28/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Seeing the asian man and assuming he was Korean isn't too much better than what the lady did. It was an assumption based on stereotype. There may be racial traits that are predominant in Koreans and noticeable by others, but not ALL Koreans have those traits.

Looking Korean isn't much different than looking like a laundromat attendant.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are racist or prejudiced, just that your assumption wasn't much different than hers.

Your experience in life has shown you that "Koreans usually look like this"

Her exprerience in life has shown her that "Laundromat workers usually look like this".

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Twiztidsage]
    #10249135 - 04/28/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

These guys dealt with real racism:

--------------------

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

#10249148 - 04/28/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10249151 - 04/28/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
!

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Ego Death]
    #10249164 - 04/28/09 12:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
I bet your hot, pics plz :hehehe:

haha, I thought the same thing. Sounds like a good mix to me.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: Kickle]
    #10249259 - 04/28/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

A 65 year old woman who doesn't understand the 'washing' symbols, that's fucked!

I wonder if she can follow instructions to make me a goddamn sandwich!

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

#10260123 - 04/30/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha
yep

i wonder what the op would think of racist hatred filled asians carrying knives and swords and using them even?

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #10260254 - 04/30/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:

yeah...

fuck asians.

Relevance?

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #10260261 - 04/30/09 01:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Twiztidsage said:
In my opinion of the words, I think there is a huge difference between racism and prejudice. Every one of us pre-judges people, or maintains a few stereotypes.

It is racist once you hate all of one people for those stereotypes.

The lady is old fashioned and prejudice, but maybe not racist. If she were a racist, she wouldn't want to get the facts about the garment from anyone but a white person.

exactly.

I would also say its one of those "omg, how could you be such an idiot" moments if she just assumed an asian guy is chinese.

I've seen that a lot. I can understand asking someone if they are chinese if you have no idea what that looks like, but to presume they are is stupid.  Not racist, but dumb.

That lady is an idiot, especially if she just presumed any asian would be chinese and that the chinese person could read chinese, but whatever.  Not necessarily racist.

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

#10260448 - 04/30/09 03:10 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:

thats fucking awefull, i hope the china man did karate and kicked her ass cos they all know karate.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: meatcakeman]
    #10260450 - 04/30/09 03:10 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pong said:

yeah...

fuck asians.

Relevance?

racism

--------------------

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #10260452 - 04/30/09 03:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think you read into it to much, but I was not there so I will never know.

Was there anyway she thought the symbols were Chinese?

It could be a matter of ignorance as opposed to racism.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #10260454 - 04/30/09 03:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

pong said:

yeah...

fuck asians.

Relevance?

racism

I don't see how that experience allows you to infer any general understanding of Asians.....

Asians don't want to party with you???

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: meatcakeman]
    #10260461 - 04/30/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lesbians  make a mess

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: druqs]
    #10260631 - 04/30/09 04:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i wont get into detail because its saddens me ...

my mums was born in Saudi Arabia. she wears niqâb. i must say, it has gotten lots better in the past few years but for a while she experienced a lot of race hate ... my family had to witness :crying:

--------------------

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
    #10260658 - 04/30/09 04:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Your mom was born there? Fucking Terrorist haven

She still wears the head veil? Your mom lives where now, America?

I'm not gonna lie here but Ive made brutally racial comments to a few of those woman who got on my nerves.

--------------------

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: hpi]
    #10260664 - 04/30/09 04:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol what the fuck are you talking about?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: hpi]
    #10260895 - 04/30/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

seriously, I like how a poster says she's upset because of prejudices and racist actions and you call her mother's homeland a terrorist haven

Don't be a dick

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Re: My Brush With Inane Racism [Re: johnm214]
    #10263858 - 04/30/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
seriously, I like how a poster says she's upset because of prejudices and racist actions and you call her mother's homeland a terrorist haven

Don't be a dick

No shit. What a fucking scumbag.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#10265221 - 04/30/09 08:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:

Yeah... thats what I got from it.

I was thinking she probably thought "maybe he knows how to read these symbols", not "he's Asian so he must be a dry cleaner".

I think your assumption says more about your racial beliefs than her asking the Asian dude if he could read Chinese.

That would be like if I was in China and someone asking me if I could read French.

It wouldn't offend me, but I'd laugh if other Asian people there got offended that someone dared ask if I could read French just because I was white.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale