Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10247355 - 04/28/09 02:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i remember a lama saying psychosis is when subconscious comes into the conscious and not dealt with/processed correctly. in buddhism they experience or watch others experience psychotic states through all their meditation and stuff so they know what they are talking about.

and im pretty sure you do dream even when your stoned out of your mind, its just that you dont remember. my friends always talk in their sleep when they have greened out, so...?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: retrospect]
    #10247358 - 04/28/09 02:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

greened out:lol:

Never heard that before.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: retrospect]
    #10247370 - 04/28/09 02:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ive had some crazily vivid dreams while stoned.

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: LSDaytripper]
    #10247375 - 04/28/09 02:26 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LSDaytripper said:
There was also a post on the news page of Shroomery a few weeks ago with an optical illusion that people with schizophrenia couldn't see but normal people could. The only other group of people who had a high percentage that couldn't see it were heavy cannabis smokers and people under the influence of cannabis while looking at the image.

Do you remember the name of the thread? I'd like to check that out.

OfflineViciousend
Crazy ***hole
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: skatealex2]
    #10247515 - 04/28/09 03:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

That is retarded okay. Have you ever known someone with drug induced psychosis? I have and the shit that they come out with is both mentally and physically draining especially when they are violent not to mention watching one of your friends slip into it and believing so faithfully that their delusions are real is terrifying. Don't be ignorant.

--------------------
Is there an indelible line between sanity and insanity? Or do they change, from one into the other, without the slightest provocation? We'll find out that the world itself is insane.

I have no fear of death, it just means dreaming in silence, a dream that lasts for eternity.

Edited by Viciousend (04/28/09 06:36 AM)

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Viciousend]
    #10247794 - 04/28/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Is anyone else NOT able to sleep after they smoke?

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: wellage]
    #10247850 - 04/28/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I guess this is my new catch phrase but..ITS CALLED INDICA.

Offlinewellage
Strange
 User Gallery
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: nocoast]
    #10247927 - 04/28/09 07:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i guess most of what i get down here is hybrids, but even the most couch-locking stone i've ever had has not let me go to sleep within like 4 hours of smoking.

Offlineenvisionary333
Biopsychosociospiritual Being
Female

Loc: The Eternal Present
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: wellage]
    #10248311 - 04/28/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I suspect the issue is much more complicated than this, there is a great deal that is not yet understood about how the brain works.  For instance, antidepressants repress REM sleep as well and they do not produce results anything like marijuana.  Here's a quick Wiki quote:

"It is well recognized that virtually all major antidepressant drugs but trimipramine and mirtazapine suppress REM sleep and it has, in fact, been proposed that the clinical efficacy of these drugs largely derives from their suppressant effects on REM sleep. The three major classes of antidepressant drugs, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), profoundly suppress REM sleep." 

Quite a few drugs suppress REM sleep, but their mechanism of action are quite different and there is of course tons of individual variability too.  Also, lots of drugs that repress REM sleep can cause "REM rebound"- which means that once the drug wears off, users experience very intense dreams as the brain tries to balance itself out.  This happens a lot with alcohol, for instance- it suppresses dreaming in the first half of the night, then once it wears off your dreams are much more vivid and memorable.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: nocoast]
    #10248376 - 04/28/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

nocoast said:
You have a lot to learn about herb. Some of the most psychedellic, high in thc, potent strains are indica, Such as OG kush. They just also have massive amounts of CBD to take the edge off and add a anice comfy body high too!

Og kush is mainly sativa dominant and indicas don't contain massive amounts of CBD(if any at all).

InvisibleQuetzalcohuatl
Stranger

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10248388 - 04/28/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

idk there are some potent strains and newbs that don't know how to smoke properly will get too much and think they are going psychotic but it's just they go too much too fast

weed is like a fine wine you gotsa sip it slow and appreciate the subtle fruityness and aroma

Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10249051 - 04/28/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Quote:

nocoast said:
You have a lot to learn about herb. Some of the most psychedellic, high in thc, potent strains are indica, Such as OG kush. They just also have massive amounts of CBD to take the edge off and add a anice comfy body high too!

Og kush is mainly sativa dominant and indicas don't contain massive amounts of CBD(if any at all).

Please do not attempt to school me as I actually receive cuts of the '91 OG, SFV OG, Larry, Tahoe Cut. ETC.....LOL YOU FUCKIN CRACK ME UP KID. OG is indica as fuck....and the body high in indica comes from CBD, its also the same reason why heavy indicas yield SOOO MUCH MORE than sativas when making hash oil....There is a myth of one sativa cut of OG, i forgot what it was called but ive never crossed paths with it.

Edited by nocoast (04/28/09 12:02 PM)

InvisibleShroomyJay
Stranger

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: envisionary333]
    #10249143 - 04/28/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

envisionary333 said:
Also, lots of drugs that repress REM sleep can cause "REM rebound"- which means that once the drug wears off, users experience very intense dreams as the brain tries to balance itself out.

Very interesting info. I find the exact thing to be the case with cannabis. If I stop using it, I have unbelievably intense (and meaningful) dreams for about a week.

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

#10250384 - 04/28/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Something to note is cannabis may not actually suppress REM sleep at all, just the memory of it. Apparently we dream every night, regardless of whether we recall it in the morning or not. This would discredit this theory, albeit an interesting one.

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10250533 - 04/28/09 04:26 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tranquil Toad said:
Something to note is cannabis may not actually suppress REM sleep at all, just the memory of it. Apparently we dream every night, regardless of whether we recall it in the morning or not. This would discredit this theory, albeit an interesting one.

I've heard it mentioned in many different places that marijuana prevents the deeper stages of R.E.M., although we still dream under the influence-  from personal experience I can vouch for this- unless I am super baked- I tend to sleep 4-6 hours on cannabis but never longer, I think this is because I can't reach the deep stages of life

when I wake up after getting high and sleeping, I never get the feeling of waking up from a deep/sober type of sleep-----if anything waking up after ganja sleep feels easier than a deep sober sleep

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #10253876 - 04/29/09 02:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cannabis is known to inhibit the dreaming state

actually it's more likely that cannabis interferes with short term memory resulting in nor remembering dreams after you wake up.

Offlineseeker28
student
Male User Gallery

Loc: The 28th Dimension
Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: Ophanim]
    #10254322 - 04/29/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
Quote:

LSDaytripper said:
There was also a post on the news page of Shroomery a few weeks ago with an optical illusion that people with schizophrenia couldn't see but normal people could. The only other group of people who had a high percentage that couldn't see it were heavy cannabis smokers and people under the influence of cannabis while looking at the image.

do you? you've got me all curious n shit  :angrykidface:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Cannabis Psychosis? I found a good explanation [Re: seeker28]
    #10254788 - 04/29/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

seeker28 said:
Quote:

Ophanim said:
Quote:

LSDaytripper said:

do you? you've got me all curious n shit  :angrykidface:

:heresjohnny:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds