Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS)
    #2042979 - 10/25/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I went hunting 9 miles east of Snoqualmie Pass today and found about 60 different species of mushrooms. But since the Shroomery only gives the peasants 400k per day, I'll post the best 4.

Photo # 1 - This is a very unusual bolete I kept finding. It's purple.

Photo # 2 - Not sure what this is, at first I thought a chanterelle. But after studying the gills, I am not sure.

Photo # 3 - As I was meandering through the woods, I saw this little guy and he was kind enough to pose right in front of a nice patch of mushies.

Photo #4 - I found 26 Amanita's up there. Some where so huge that they were collapsing under their own weight. Here is one of many...

I have many more pics including my first Cantharellus subaldibus find ever. Will upload after the Shroomery resets my limit.

PS. For those folks outside of Washington State... Snoqualmie Pass is about 50 miles east of Seattle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS) [Re: Stymee]
    #2043012 - 10/25/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That first one is a bolete? If you hadn't said so, I probably would have guessed it was an odd but distinctive Russula. If you picked it, get a spore print and let us know what color it is. The purplish color somewhat suggests Tylopilus. It's certainly an interesting mushroom.

The second one is a very close relative of the chanterelles. It's Gomphus floccosus. It makes for pretty mushroom photography. Some books list it as edible, but it should *not* be eaten. It often causes stomach upsets. I understand it also has a not very  good sour taste.

I'm not very good at identifying bunnies, so I'll leave that one to the experts. :grin:

Your Amanita is probably, Amanita muscaria, but I can't verify that for sure from that photo. We need to see the base of the stem and the volva.

Happy mushrooming! 

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Re: Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2043033 - 10/25/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

All the warts fell off that Amanita much like angryshroom's photo from last season. I'll post some of the younger ones with warts after 24 hours.

I tried picking one of those purple mushrooms, and while the fiber of the shroom was tough, it was also a bit slippery and it snapped in my hand. I don't know if it's even a bolete. That was just a guess.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS) [Re: Stymee]
    #2043857 - 10/26/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did the blue mushrooms have gills? They're funky looking. Nice pictures.

Offlinepolishfella
Stranger

Re: Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS) [Re: Gumby]
    #10235283 - 04/26/09 07:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Did the blue mushrooms have gills? They're funky looking. Nice pictures. 

The blue mushroom its a Smerf !!!!!

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cascade mountain hunting - Washington State. (PICS) [Re: polishfella]
    #10238054 - 04/26/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that first mushie is pretty cool. Nice shots.:thumbup:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag