Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejayhunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: a cow pasture near you
need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help
    #10228366 - 04/24/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I am visiting family and found some great actives. Want to pick tonight but cannot research until tomorrow. I do not have the means to get a fan and build a screen box, what can I do to make sure they will still be fresh tomorrow night?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: jayhunter]
    #10228389 - 04/24/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Just leave them out and they'll air dry.

Why do you want them fresh? By research do you mean studying their physiology or consuming them for research purposes?

They don't need to be fresh to make you trip.

And by the way, make sure they are actives, post us some pics!

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinejayhunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: a cow pasture near you
Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #10228407 - 04/24/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I want to consume them. I am only concerned that they will rot or turn to mush. I have a fan setup and desiccant chamber at home, but as I said I am visiting family. I was just wondering if they will still be good 24 hours after picking, what's the best way to stop them from rotting/mushing away?

OfflineFunkadelicFlash
Ascension-Bound
Male

#10228428 - 04/24/09 08:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If it's just 24 hours, have the fan blowing across them, or if it's a box fan then lay the box fan down (pointing up) and lay them on the fan itself. They won't rot in 1 day with airflow. I promise.

--------------------
I embrace my desire to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #10228437 - 04/24/09 08:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Leave them out in the open in circulating air. That's the best way I know how.

If they have central air put those 'shrooms on the grating that covers the A/C fan on the outside unit.

Another thing you can do is just go get more before you leave. Chances are that you can find them in the same area.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #10230081 - 04/25/09 04:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if your dead sure there actives, dry the as mentioned above, or if u need a disguise from family just put them in a bottle of full lemon juice or something like that, they stay fresh for a few days!

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

OfflineWoombleshamba
Sasquatch Hunter
 User Gallery

Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: trigger]
    #10230836 - 04/25/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

fanning them will dry them, just treat them like any other mushroom, paper bag and refridgerate.

Lemon juice? Lemon juice is highly acidic and will start breaking them down within hours. Same as using it for a meat marinade, never marinate anything in lemon or lime juice for more than an hour, the acid will "cook" the meat and destroy the flavor/texture.

Besides, a jar of mushrooms in lemon juice I think would draw more suspision than a paper bag of shrooms. If they ask just say "I think they might be edible, so I want to check them with some friends..."

if your family are suspisious types and look down their noses at you for wanting to expand your perception of reality, then maybe the risk isn't worth the reward. There are plenty of mushrooms, but you only get one family :wink:

--------------------
Don't go opening windows if you can't handle the breeze

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: Woombleshamba]
    #10230897 - 04/25/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can't you just put them in the refrigerator? I never tried it or anything, but it seems like it would work

edit: oh I see, you'd have to use their fridge.. oh well

Edited by golden1 (04/25/09 11:54 AM)

OfflineSlickWilly1762
Mississippi
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Mississippi Delta
Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: golden1]
    #10231623 - 04/25/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've kept mushrooms in a paper bag in the fridge for a couple days and they didn't go bad. Just stash it in the back behind some other shit in the fridge... Perhaps behind the milk? :smile:

--------------------
"Knowledge Speaks; Wisdom Listens."

"A picture is worth a thousand words..."

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: need to keep mushroooms fresh for 24 hours...please help [Re: SlickWilly1762]
    #10234496 - 04/26/09 01:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but what if little sally finds a tasty snack behind the milk, or perhaps grandma finds them and makes a stir fry. haha just messin...

my buddie's grandfather ate his "magic brownies" last year, he tried to hide within the fridge, it turned out to be a verry good day for grandpa...

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Edited by trigger (04/26/09 01:22 AM)

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10234909 - 04/26/09 04:05 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No need for applying any esoteric shaman techniques. Simply lay them out in the open air on a few sheets of newspaper and that's it. As long as there is fresh air circulating around them, they'll dry out just fine.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates