Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Nixon!
    #1023459 - 11/05/02 08:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just thought I'd drag up ol' tricky Dick during the election. It seems the press never wants us to forget him.

What about that other guy? The one that actually was impeached. He was the Prez just before the current one. Hmmm can't remember his name.

[shrugs]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Nixon! [Re: ]
    #1023464 - 11/05/02 08:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Carter? :wink:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: Nixon! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1024582 - 11/05/02 04:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

NO!

Sheesh, do I have to spell it out for you?

His name rhymes with "William Jefferson Clinton"

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers, 

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1024598 - 11/05/02 04:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

He wasn't impeached though was he?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

Re: Nixon! [Re: Rono]
    #1024607 - 11/05/02 04:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Au Contrare my dear, he was impeached!

Impeachment is the process, the trial, by which the Senate gets rid of assholes. The trial itself WAS the impeachment. Impeachment merely means he had done enough to get himself tried.

Funny what the press doesn't make clear to us, ain't it?

"m?peach (?m-p?ch“) tr.v. im?peached, im?peach?ing, im?peach?es. 1.a. To make an accusation against. b. To charge (a public official) with improper conduct in office before a proper tribunal. 2. To challenge the validity of; try to discredit: impeach a witness's credibility. "

Cheers,

Edited by Anonymous (11/05/02 04:16 PM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1024613 - 11/05/02 04:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmmmm...if you say so... :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

Re: Nixon! [Re: Rono]
    #1024616 - 11/05/02 04:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

^^^

That's a dictionary, not my words. :smirk:

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1024949 - 11/05/02 06:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did you think Nixon was a good prez?

God, Clinton's impeachment over lieing about getting head. What a fiasco. It was all the media seemed to talk about for so long. Even in Canada. What a distraction.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Nixon! [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1025285 - 11/05/02 08:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Rono, that definition is 100% accurate.

carbon, if he had just said that his personal life was no ones business but his own, there would have been no impeachment. He was impeached for lying under oath... not for getting a blow job.

Even I thought it went on way too long and I think Clinton was the biggest scumbag to ever be President. However, he brought it on himself and as such deserved all the misery he received.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1026509 - 11/06/02 02:15 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Clinton was a corporate puppet too. However I'm a little more kindly disposed to Clinton than Nixon - at least Clinton wasn't illegally dropping millions of gallons of napalm and DDT on civilians for years. Along with more TNT than was dropped during the entire second world war.

The right-wingers never seen to consider this reality. I think Nixon's crimes were a teensy bit more serious.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1027961 - 11/06/02 02:07 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

When Richard Milhous Nixon was inaugurated I was 14. I wrote in my diary that day, "Richard Nixon was inaugurated today. He's a God Damned Bastard Ass Republican!"

And I watched as all the Republicans defended him when he was totally in the wrong. He broke the law including obstruction of justice which is NOT a light offense. All the Republicans lined up to 'back their man'. It was a joke.

Now, with all that said there are some things that Nixon did that were laudable even if others wish to explain them away.

1. He got us out of Vietnam.

2. He was the last President to run America's budget in the black without a HUGE tax increase.

3. His foreign relations were pretty good.

Does any of that make him a good President? I dunno. You tell me.

When Clinton was elected I was a team leader in my area for his campaign. I distributed copies of videos of him shaking hands with President John F. Kennedy who I idolized. I thought, mistakenly, that Clinton would be a great President. In the end "He broke the law including obstruction of justice which is NOT a light offense. All the Democrats lined up to 'back their man'. It was a joke."

See any similiarity? I do.

Nevertheless there were also good things that came from his presidency.

1. The re-legalization of the sacred use of Peyote by Native Americans under the Restoration of Religious Freedom Act.

Plus other things...

Does any of that make him a good President? I dunno. You tell me.

At the end of the day both men were guilty of obstruction of justice, which is no light offense.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1028396 - 11/06/02 04:09 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Well, Nixon was obstructing justice about something that actually mattered.

Clinton was getting a little extra on the side. The only difference between him and every other president, was that he got caught. I guarantee that the vast majority of presidents have had affairs while in office. Bush is probably fucking an intern as I type these words.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

Re: Nixon! [Re: Phluck]
    #1029012 - 11/06/02 06:57 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

From a logical point of view it really doesn't matter what was done prior to obstructing justice. Obstructing justice IS the issue and BOTH men were guilty.

I know you think your objection has merit but you sound just like a Republican when they caught Nixon.

There is no difference.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

General Interest >> Political Discussion