Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Continuing the Life-Cycle From Dropped Spores
    #10229655 - 04/25/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was recently lookin' at my terrarium for harvesting when I noticed an awesome purple-black pattern of spore stains that my shrooms I produced. Then I had a small epiphany: why not continue the mushroom life-cycle right there, where the spores are released?

My question to any experienced cultivators out there: Have any of you put a substrate underneath a matured mushroom *right before* it releases it spores so that the spore land on the substrate, colonizes it, and continues the mushroom life-cycle right inside your fruiting chamber?! It makes so much logic to have a fresh substrate underneath those healthy mushrooms instead of having to do a tedious spore-print to spore syringe transfer. Do it like how mushrooms do it in the wild!

I'm 100% sure I'm not the first person to come up with such a novel idea, but it begs the questions: Can it be done successful? Has anyone done it successfully, completing the next life-cycle?

Share Your Knowledge trusty :mushroom2: cultivators,
~ Lo9icaL Cha0s ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (04/25/09 12:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Continuing Life-Cycle From Dropped Spores [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10229669 - 04/25/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Seems to me that any substrate fertile enough for the spores to germinate and grow would be an open invitation for any contams in the area as well. Maybe if ideal conditions could be achieved? Or outdoors?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisibled3dbdym4n

Loc: California
Re: Continuing Life-Cycle From Dropped Spores [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10229709 - 04/25/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, that's a great way of thinking in terms of innovation. Hopefully we can get Agar or RR to chime in!

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: Continuing Life-Cycle From Dropped Spores [Re: d3dbdym4n]
    #10229795 - 04/25/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

i thought this when i saw my spore deposits once too.

i think its pretty much ruled out as, "the sub will contaminate long b4 the spores can germinate and colonize"

i was thinking brf cakes, and as the pins mature into fruits, pack another layer of brf/verm around the base of the fruits...

never tried it though

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Continuing Life-Cycle From Dropped Spores [Re: just me]
    #10230243 - 04/25/09 07:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Unfortunatly no, you cant just add substrate in the hope spores will germinate and grow on it. Thats how it happens in the wild, but when working indoors we need to keep out contaminants. having food exposed to the air will turn mouldy very quickly.

thats why we have to sterilise our spawn and inoculate it inside a glovebox or infront of a flowhood and make sure we use filters that allow gas exchange but keep out contaminants

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale