Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

God. Jesus, and the like?????
    #10223881 - 04/24/09 12:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Why does learning about your shortcomings or wrongdoings have to be a bad thing? Why does anything related to God or Jesus have to so negative or full of dis-belief? What proof is there that God does not exsist? Furthermore, what proof is there that Jesus did not exsist? And why is it so important for some to say that they don't? Does this give the ok to do whatever you like whenever you want without having to be responsible to someone for it? Why is it so important for some to look for other explanations on how we all came to be?

I don't know about you all but I sure as hell don't want to find out that God/Jesus, the Bible, all that, is TRUE when it's too late and I'm facing God for the last time on my way to hell because I refused to beleive in Him and his Son, and his death and resurection and the forgiveness...... and to think that all it takes is true belief and faith in Him to escape that place we know as hell. And is there no hell? Is there anyone who's been there and come back to say? How do you know? And what will it take to make a beleiver out of you? A vision? A conversation with God himself? Problem is most all of us who want this sort of proof might be disapointed that it does'nt come the way you want it and therefore you fallen into the trap of the evil one. Does this mean that satan wants us to blaspheem God and to lead others in dis-belief? Will this sort of action come to haunt us later? What if we find out that our actions have lead others to hell? Should we be willing to pay the price for the deception that we so willingly spewed on others? If it meant they died for it should then we die also? To loose our soul to damnation? Forever being out of the presence of God? What gives anyone the right to tell someone else that God does not exsist? Does that mean that there are people out there who are so miserable with themselves that they would try and get others to be as miserable as they are? To be in a state of mind where there is no God or Jesus and all is lost, we all are going to hell etc etc, is that what you really want?

When the day/night comes that you expire and die, I'm sure we all will find out what we should have been doing/not doing...problem is, at that point it's to late to change it. Peace.

--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushappy
Researcher
Male

Loc: TX
Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: Psilomind]
    #10223904 - 04/24/09 12:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You are willing to believe in something because you fear the consequences of not believing. That to me is a cop out. And that is how thousands are converted each year, through fear. Its disgusting what fear can make us do but to each his own.

--------------------
Sorry to disappoint but my sig is just the word :

Marijuana

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: mushappy]
    #10223912 - 04/24/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mushappy said:
You are willing to believe in something because you fear the consequences of not believing. That to me is a cop out. And that is how thousands are converted each year, through fear. Its disgusting what fear can make us do but to each his own.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Everything is so uncertain, so I choose to believe in nothing and stay open minded towards all possibilities.  However, I think the only reason I have any open-mindedness towards the factuality of Christianity is because I am a scared animal much of the time and that shit was programmed into my head.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #10223913 - 04/24/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

What if a different god is true and you go to hell for believing in Jesus?

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #10223931 - 04/24/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (07/20/09 01:11 PM)

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

#10223932 - 04/24/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No, these are questions, and to answer you the best I can, I don't worry about the consequences because I know in my heart that I'm doing all I can as a common human being to do what is expected of me despite the fact that I screw up daily. At least if I find out that it was'nt good enough I can say I tried my best.

There is no other god or figure who has more history and scripture supporting. We have so much to learn from this that it's a life long endevour. We could never in our short lives understand fully. We have to try our best and to be "open minded" but in the right way. Idle hands are hands for the devil. Why would we want to beleive in anything else? What other God promises so much and has the conviction and Holyness that we all need? Or should want???

Besides, the rewards far exceed the consequences anyway.

--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.

Edited by Psilomind (04/24/09 01:03 AM)

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #10223971 - 04/24/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psilomind said:
No, these are questions, and to answer you the best I can, I don't worry about the consequences because I know in my heart that I'm doing all I can as a common human being to do what is expected of me despite the fact that I screw up daily. At least if I find out that it was'nt good enough I can say I tried my best.

Besides, the rewards far exceed the consequences anyway.

The "heart" is notoriously self serving.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
    #10223975 - 04/24/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

atheism is just satans way to draw you further from christ.

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10223983 - 04/24/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

Psilomind said:
Why does learning about your shortcomings or wrongdoings have to be a bad thing? Why does anything related to God or Jesus have to so negative or full of dis-belief? What proof is there that God does not exsist? Furthermore, what proof is there that Jesus did not exsist? And why is it so important for some to say that they don't? Does this give the ok to do whatever you like whenever you want without having to be responsible to someone for it? Why is it so important for some to look for other explanations on how we all came to be?

It's only people like you who need the possibility of punishment to treat your fellow man with compassion and respect.

Quote:

I don't know about you all but I sure as hell don't want to find out that God/Jesus, the Bible, all that, is TRUE when it's too late and I'm facing God for the last time on my way to hell because I refused to believe in Him and his Son, and his death and resurrection and the forgiveness...... and to think that all it takes is true belief and faith in Him to escape that place we know as hell. And is there no hell? Is there anyone who's been there and come back to say? How do you know? And what will it take to make a beleiver out of you? A vision? A conversation with God himself? Problem is most all of us who want this sort of proof might be disapointed that it does'nt come the way you want it and therefore you fallen into the trap of the evil one. Does this mean that satan wants us to blaspheem God and to lead others in dis-belief? Will this sort of action come to haunt us later? What if we find out that our actions have lead others to hell? Should we be willing to pay the price for the deception that we so willingly spewed on others? If it meant they died for it should then we die also? To loose our soul to damnation? Forever being out of the presence of God? What gives anyone the right to tell someone else that God does not exsist? Does that mean that there are people out there who are so miserable with themselves that they would try and get others to be as miserable as they are? To be in a state of mind where there is no God or Jesus and all is lost, we all are going to hell etc etc, is that what you really want?

When the day/night comes that you expire and die, I'm sure we all will find out what we should have been doing/not doing...problem is, at that point it's to late to change it. Peace.

Proving that the commonly held modern day version of Christianity is a pile of garbage is incredibly simple to anyone who chooses to question the basic articles of faith, and what they are based upon.

:congrats:

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: niteowl]
    #10224003 - 04/24/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Why not an answer of your own instead of quoting? I asked a lot of questions.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #10224007 - 04/24/09 01:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No you didn't, you made statements disguised as questions.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#10224025 - 04/24/09 01:16 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if u believe it that is great why is that all christians have to tell the next motherfucker in line about it? who cares if it works for u fucking right on!! ....

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

#10224031 - 04/24/09 01:18 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, if thats how you see it, then answer them as questions.

--------------------

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: tripp23]
    #10224071 - 04/24/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tripp23 said:
atheism is just satans way to draw you further from christ.

This is so true as well. Then I have to ask why is it important for some to go this way towards atheism? To have nothing to live for except they're own self serving ideals?

--------------------

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#10224077 - 04/24/09 01:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i agree atheism draws u away... but so does christianity...

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10224091 - 04/24/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Asking "What proof that god DOESNT exist" is an appeal to ignorance and plain fucking stupid.

--------------------

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: learningtofly]
    #10224096 - 04/24/09 01:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

how so? claiming that god doesnt exist is just as fucking stupid...

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: learningtofly]
    #10224097 - 04/24/09 01:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

How? Explain.

--------------------

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #10224105 - 04/24/09 01:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:
if u believe it that is great why is that all christians have to tell the next motherfucker in line about it? who cares if it works for u fucking right on!! ....

For sure. Live and let live.

But...what works? Does it work for everybody? Does everyone benefit? Maybe...

Or maybe NOT

You get it.

Quote:

DimensionX said:
What if a different god is true and you go to hell for believing in Jesus?

If there really is a true "God", and it's defined by a creed, and you have knowledge of ALL religions, it becomes obvious that it's either Christ or Buddhism...

Quote:

blewmeanie said:

The "heart" is notoriously self serving.

Duh. What's new?

Quote:

mushappy said:

Or... he sees the very real and plausible possibility of such a thing as eternal life which would be attractive to such a mortal being that urns for a thing like permanence. It' hardwired. Why? Let science explain it...:rolleyes:

Not to mention the most attractive part of such a thing as perfect unity with something that would be all knowing and loving and granting, would be the thought of a purposeful, successful, and rewarding life...

And who doesn't want that in actuality?

No one.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: God. Jesus, and the like????? [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10224113 - 04/24/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mastamike1118 said:
how so? claiming that god doesnt exist is just as fucking stupid...

:facepalm: That was my point. Saying what proof is there that god doesnt exist is the same exact thing as saying what proof is there that god does exist. It is not an argument at all, because the same could be said for both sides

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom