Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejba6511
addict
newbie needing help with EQ's
    #1022173 - 11/04/02 09:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I am a newbie to mycology and this is my first attempt at growth. I have a couple of questions for you guys. Since it is my first time I am not all that intrested in buying/ building an expensive terranium or using perlite since the dust can be hazardous the first time around. Instead I am using the magic mushroom growers guide and they suggest using 2 liter bottles (poor mans terranium). I was wondering if anyone has ever done this and had success and if so what were the dimensions of your setup. Also I have heard it is very difficult to make prints from equadors. Is this true? If anyone has succesfully taken prints please leave me some details as to what you did. (I have read the faqs and know the normal process) Finally I am using 1 pint jars instead of the recommended 1/2 pints. Will this affect the terranium setup greatly? If so should i case?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

Re: newbie needing help with EQ's [Re: jba6511]
    #1022303 - 11/04/02 10:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you are concerned about perlite dust, just where a mask, you can get them at home depot in the paint section, I think?. Where did you read that EQs were hard to print? I have never read that, ANYWHERE, but I haven't read everything. Using pints instead of 1/2 pints will only be a problem in relation to colonization time. Pints take longer. Casings are better, but if its your first grow, worry about getting to the fruiting process before you worry about how you will fruit.

Offlinejba6511
addict
    #1023542 - 11/05/02 09:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i read that its hard to make prints of eq's from this message board yesterday. Thanks for the advice about the perlite but I think I will try that next time around (hopefully soon). Still in need of help with the poor man's terranium if anyone has any additional advice. Also what is the average size that the equadors reach?

OfflineNewbie2000
Idiot:www.soby.us

#1023852 - 11/05/02 12:30 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I am currently going with EQ's as well. It too, is my first time. I used 1 pint jars, 12 of them. The colonization does seem to be taking a bit longer, but is working none the less. What I am doing for a terrarium is simple. I got some of those disposible tupperware deals. After my jars are ready, (3 weeks?) I will make a three layer sandwitch in the tupperware. The bootm will be good topsoil and vermiculite, the second layer will be broken up colonized cakes (from the jars) and the third layer will be top soil. If you make the bottom layer and top layer wet but not drenched (I do the snowball test.....)leave the lid on the tupperware for a week, remove lid, and start misting twice a day. Viola! you got a harvest going for about two months.

PM me with questions.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation