Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

Quick Question? Need help asap.
    #10220072 - 04/23/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys how's it going? Within the last month, I inoculated and cultivated 20 jars.. Minus one that was sadly contaminated and I ditched. =( Anyway. One of my jars has like 4 mushrooms already inside the jar, they're pretty decent size about 3 inches long each.. When I dunk the cakes overnight, should I pick the mushrooms that are already on that cake? Or leave them on before dunking and growing?

Next question, I'm going to tray all 19 of my jars.. They're half pint jars, fully caked. I want to cultivate them in trays instead of the regular PRF-Tek method. My question is, what is the correct mixture for the trays?I'm going to use spent coffee grinds, probably 2 different types of coffee, does that matter? Or should it be both the same coffee? I tried to look around for a guide on how to make the trays, but I haven't had any luck? If anyone has a guide can you post it here? Next question, is there a preferred size for the baking tray? And lastly, I heard that it would be cooler if I kept a clear lid on top of the tray so I could look at them without opening the top, where could I get a tray like this or a tub? What do you guys think? Thanks so much in advance guys! Please respond asap I'm trying to get these started tomorrow =))

PS: I'm basically looking for the most possible yield I can acquire. I have 10 Puerto Ricans, and 9 Z strain ½ pint cakes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: Nj.Diesel]
    #10220087 - 04/23/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

leave on for dunk they will be fine

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Offlinegaladar

Loc: in a monotub!
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: feelfunny]
    #10220096 - 04/23/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

or pick. it dont really matter.

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: galadar]
    #10220105 - 04/23/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

mine looked like little ropes left on and now they are monsters but i don't know scince you are going to case

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #10220139 - 04/23/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

When I dunk the cakes overnight, should I pick the mushrooms that are already on that cake? Or leave them on before dunking and growing?

pick them, then dunk and roll.

Quote:

My question is, what is the correct mixture for the trays?I'm going to use spent coffee grinds, probably 2 different types of coffee, does that matter? Or should it be both the same coffee? I tried to look around for a guide on how to make the trays, but I haven't had any luck? If anyone has a guide can you post it here?

check the coir prep link in my sig follow that then put into your trays as needed.  mixed coffee doesnt matter.  check www.mushroomvideos.com ; he makes a couple of portabella trays and its the same way for cubes. if your crumbling your cakes make sure to crumble into the smallest pieces you can = more inoculation points in your sub = faster colonization = less chance for contams.  (use a cleancheese grater)

Quote:

Next question, is there a preferred size for the baking tray?

you want it at least 3"-4" deep for 2-3" of sub and room for your casing layer (1/2") and surface area is key to lotz of mushies.

Quote:

And lastly, I heard that it would be cooler if I kept a clear lid on top of the tray so I could look at them without opening the top, where could I get a tray like this or a tub?

definitely,  use plastic wrap or anything clear and still seals cuz you only want gas exchange during colonizing no FAE. you can find at any wal/k-mart in the tupperware/plastics section, get a tray with a clear locking lid.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Edited by 13shrooms (04/23/09 05:31 PM)

OfflineFunkadelicFlash
Ascension-Bound
Male

Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #10220207 - 04/23/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

13shrooms, I'm a little confused by your post. Do you want FAE only during colonization? Or only during fruiting? Because many of the teks I have seen have you cover it during colonization and then open it in an FC w/ FAE after colonization. Thanks in advance for the clarification!

--------------------
I embrace my desire to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: FunkadelicFlash]
    #10220307 - 04/23/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a link for preparing the bulk sub.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7953949/an/0/page/0
  Sounds like this is your first attempt at bulk so I suggest you use 6L "shoe boxes" rubber made or sterilite make these and they work great for double tub tek. Here a link for the double tub tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/9107/Double-Tub-Pictorial
  GL,
        CH

I forgot to add pick those shrooms off if you are going to crumble your cakes,  they will rot if you don't.

Edited by CH HELL (04/23/09 01:47 PM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: CH HELL]
    #10221360 - 04/23/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

GE - during colonization

FAE - during fruiting

misting and fanning - only if it looks dry(as needed):thumbup:

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10222148 - 04/23/09 07:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So when I put them in the tray and cover it, I never open it untill it's fully fruited? I'm confused? I thought you needed to spray it for moisture and get some FAE?

Also, I need coir for the tray correct? Where can I buy some? >.>

Edited by Nj.Diesel (04/23/09 07:44 PM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10222219 - 04/23/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I use coir and coffee. Used grounds, not brewed coffee.

As for how to find it... that's a search engine kind of question.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: Doc_T]
    #10222256 - 04/23/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

during colinisation you only need gas exchange, which means your tray is covered witha  few holes covered with micropore tape. No misting or fanning.

Once colinsied it gets introduced to fruiting condtions.

Coir can be found at gardening stores. Coco coir. Its usually a compressed brick, you hydrate it with water and it expands. It needs to be pasturised.

Not sure if you can use coffee alone, i have yet to try it. You can use coir on its own, or you can suppliment it with other ingredients, like coffee.

Be sure to pasturise your bulk substrate

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10222257 - 04/23/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Okay. It's all starting to come back to me, little by little, haven't really researched in 3-4 weeks since my jars have been colonizing.. Anyway. I'm going to be using the 50/50 casing tek:

http://www.shroomery.org/54/50-50-Casing-Tek

Moist verm on the bottom layer, Than crumbled cakes, than 50% peat moss and 50% vermiculite mix on top of that, roughly 1 inch says the guide.

Now what the guide does not specify, unless I'm blind as a bat, what do I cover this tray with? A black garbage bag? A layer or 2 of seran wrap taped close? I'm not completely sure, it would be easier if the guide had a few pics.. Now with this tray, do I just shove it in my closet somewhere? Or does it need to be inside a terrarium? I'm trying to avoid a terrarium at all costs, but if it is a must, I will do it. I have about 19 cakes which I need to tray. Also, after the week it takes for the mycelium to rebuild itself, what do I do than? How do I let it grow inside the tray? I'm sorry guys I'm just so lost. ='( Thanks for all the help, you guys are great!

Edited by Nj.Diesel (04/23/09 08:19 PM)

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10222367 - 04/23/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I get mine @ Meijers and all the pet stores I can find.  anywhere reptiles are sold.

check the coir link in my sig 2 see how 2 prep it once you have it.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10222442 - 04/23/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I edited my above post for a question. =)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10222536 - 04/23/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You can let it colonize in a bag or in your closet, but to get fruits from it, you'll pretty much need a fruiting chamber.

Unless your bedroom maintains a constant 72F and 95% humidity, while exchanging air more or less continuously.

Take a few days, read more. You're almost there.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10222645 - 04/23/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Okay. So, fruiting chamber is a must. Ill do shotgun terrarium I suppose, so how do I do it after my trays are fully complete? Uncover the trays nd drop em in the terrarium, mist ~6 times a day and fruit? Can you post the lighting paterns for me? If any light is needed or waht not? Thanks :smile:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10222814 - 04/23/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sunlight is best, flourescent is ok. You want a good bit of blue, so incandescents don't really work. I use regular room light- sunlight from windows and CFL bulbs when it's dark outside. 12 hours on, 12 off is standard.

Yeah, uncover, fan and mist. You need to have fresh air, while maintaining humidity. But at the same time, you want to let the humidity drop just a tiny bit so the trays evaporate a little (which is why you need the mist) because that's a pinning trigger. 95% humidity will do the job.

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10223027 - 04/23/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

here, Ill sum up the info youve been givin...

get your coir/coffee/verm sub pasteurized and let cool to room temp, clean your trays while waiting. once cooled, put your sub in your tray at least 3" deep and crumble your FULLY colonized cakes as small as you can onto your sub and (wearing gloves that were cleaned with alcohol) mix up very well.(leave a little sub to cover your freshly mixed spawn) then cover air tight and poke a few holes and cover with micropore to keep contams out.  give it 7-10 days(or more if needed) to fully colonize your sub,if done uncover and(this is where you would case your sub if you chose but its not necessary for cubes.  if you do case use a 1/2" layer of pasteurized 50/50 peatmoss/verm) then put into your shotty FC on at least 5" of damp perlite with 12 hours on/off light and constant temps between 70-77F.  then just be patient and let it do its thing, mist and fan if it looks dry.  within a week or so you will be picking mushies.

hope that clears up some things 4 u.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10224491 - 04/24/09 04:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, I'm starting to fully understand this =) Thanks 13shrooms, but I think I got my self confused with all of the articles and shit I've read in the last 2-3 days.. The coir/coffee/verm substrate is not the same as the casing? I thought that the 50/50 casing tek basically was the substrate compound ? I'm all confused again. =\

PS: If I'm just a retard, can you post the measurements for the coir/coffee/verm substrate mix? I have exactly 19 cakes, if that helps any.

Edited by Nj.Diesel (04/24/09 04:57 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10224979 - 04/24/09 08:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A casing layer is an optional layer applied on top of a substrate. Casing should be non-nutritive, no coffee or other edible organic material. Makes sense?

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#10225005 - 04/24/09 08:30 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think the confusion is about whether you are going to
a-case your cakes directly
b-spawn to bulk, then case
c-just spawn to bulk and fruit

If you do a little research with the search function on these topics, it will eliminate alot of your confusion.

Also, what kinda fruiting chamber are you planning on using?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10225803 - 04/24/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Perfect sense actually :smile: thanks so much, but there's still that 1 question, idk the correct mixture for coco coir, verm, coffee? Can u post that real quick? Thanks =]

A shotgun terrarium like that shown in the www.mushroomvideos.com videos, 5'' wet perlite, mist 6 times a day, etc.

Edited by Nj.Diesel (04/24/09 12:12 PM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10226278 - 04/24/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I use about 1/4 used coffee grounds by volume. I don't use verm in the substrate- but you certainly could add some if you wanted to.

I sterilize the grounds in jars in my PC, then mix into coir prepared per package directions.

I don't usually case bulk tubs, simply because I've had bad luck with it. Best results so far- for me- have been with Miracle Gro Moisture Control soil for casing.

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10226281 - 04/24/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

search Large_Doses "how I pasteurize coir" 
its linked in my sig.

its 1 brick coir, 1 quart verm, 1 quart used coffee, 1 pint gypsum(optional). 

when I crumbled my cakes to that mix I used 10 cakes to spawn and it took 15 days to colonize.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10263554 - 04/30/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm back, and after extensive thought and pretty countless research on many types to grow after the cakes produced, we decided to just finish off the PFTek way. I have 16 cakes inside my terrarium, with one double stacked, and decided to experiment and crumble 3 cakes. We started this on tuesday, 2 days ago roughly. I'm getting a little curious though as to when I should start to see pinning on the cakes? I've looked in guides and such, but they don't really say? Can anyone shed some light? Thanks guys! =D

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10263569 - 04/30/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, in a week or two. Whenever they are ready to pin.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10263602 - 04/30/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:O I thought it was so much faster than that xD Lol =( But after they pin they boom correct?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10263612 - 04/30/09 04:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

From pin to harvest, about a week.
Maybe less. Depends, really. They'll be ready when they are ready, don't rush them.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10263615 - 04/30/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wont =) Thanks =D
PS: Is that you on your avatar or some random chic? Lol.. Jw.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10263622 - 04/30/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's Boxxy.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10263643 - 04/30/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Who's boxxy? lol

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10263682 - 04/30/09 04:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Uh, it's a long story- hit up Google.

--------------------

InvisibleEpilson Lyrae
Armed with hammers
Male User Gallery

Loc: Woody Creek
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. *DELETED* [Re: Doc_T]
    #10264148 - 04/30/09 05:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by gngsteroflove

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." H.T.
I've come to believe that the heart is the filter of the enlightened mind. Epilson Lyrae

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: Epilson Lyrae]
    #10264182 - 04/30/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I mist right over pins.

It's basically desert where I live, I have humidity issues. So I'm pretty aggressive with the mist. Some folks say that it can cause aborts, but that hasn't really been my experience with it.

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10264278 - 04/30/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

in my exp you can mist pins rather heavy and not cause aborts, its the amount of force/pressure the water hits them at.  mist from a distance 4 heavier waterings.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10273311 - 05/02/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So guys, I'm about 3 days into my cakes into my terrarium, and on one of the cakes I see a little blue tinge on the top of the cake? I read a little and it says it's bruising due to dehydration or handling? Is that true or is it contam? Help please?

OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10273336 - 05/02/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If it is a "tinge" it is most likely bruising. A sporulating mold contamination will have a different texture than mushroom mycelium. Kind of sandy or grainy looking

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10273348 - 05/02/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome thanks =)) I'm also showing small growth and have a few mushrooms on a z-strain cake and one of my PR's as well. Both still very small though =D

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: ABC]
    #10273358 - 05/02/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Q-tip tek.....or put up pics.
Is your cake dry?  remember that with cakes you can dunk before the first flush, unlike bulk subs which are dunked after the first flush. :shineon: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: Psuper]
    #10273398 - 05/02/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
I mist right over pins.

It's basically desert where I live, I have humidity issues. So I'm pretty aggressive with the mist. Some folks say that it can cause aborts, but that hasn't really been my experience with it.

That's the kind of climate where it might pay off to have a humidifier running in the room where your terrarium is kept.

The teks and threads that instruct to not mist pins are outdated and wrong.  Fanning should be done following any misting, in that order; I think some new readers here miss that. ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: Psuper]
    #10283369 - 05/04/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm back guys, I'll be posting my pictures tomorrow, one question though? I'll definately be posting a picture of this as soon as I can but, one of the oldest mushrooms that spawned (About 3 days old) has a cap around 2 inches, and the stem is roughly.. an inch, maybe inch and a half long. Anyway, it looks black? It's in the corner of my terrarium, the stem is mainly white with a little black on it, and there's also another mushroom growing an inch away from it, who's stem is white, but also has a brownish/black color on it..? What do you guys suspect this is from the description? I'll deff be posting pics tomorrow. I'm just scared.. Any ideas?

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
    #10283383 - 05/04/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

genetics. does the black rub off? if the cap is open it could even be spores.

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: PreparationH]
    #10283492 - 05/04/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah the caps open, I'm not sure if it rubs off? Is it okay to touch? It's my first grow so.. Idk? Lol. If you say it's okay to touch I'll see if I can rub some off.

Offlinelittleapplemm
Mysterious Creature
Male

Loc: MN
    #10283615 - 05/04/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It'll be fine to touch.  You do want to avoid over-handling your mushies but a gentle swipe isn't going to do any damage.

--------------------
Taco Bell tastes better with bike grease!
----------------------------------------------
See what projects I'm working on here

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: littleapplemm]
    #10283730 - 05/04/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

it looks black?

sounds like an abort if the cap is black but if its on the stem its most likely spores.  if its an abort pick it b4 it starts to rot and dry it like normal, they are good eats.  if its spores pick it also that means the fruit is done growing its sporulating and will start to breakdown in a few days.  touching your shrooms (unless your harvesting)is just going to result in you bruising your mushies or contaming your grow if your hands arent clean.  just be xtra clean if your reach into or lean over your grow.

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10284117 - 05/04/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

http:
http:

http:
http:

Picks taken from my phone, kinda blurry, will upload more tomorrow off the camera.

PS: 4th pic down is my baby, he's about 4 inches tall right now. The veil didn't slip off yet, so I'm just going to watch him and pluck when ready. =)

Edited by Nj.Diesel (05/04/09 02:53 PM)

OfflineABC
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10284587 - 05/04/09 03:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Spores. They may be rinsed off with water.

Could be some dark bruising too, but I suspect spores as the main cause

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

Re: Quick Question? Need help asap. [Re: ABC]
    #10285316 - 05/04/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Another question, my cakes are relatively close together(As you can see in the pictures).. Will that affect the growth of my mushrooms or the yield? What do you guys think?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10285845 - 05/04/09 07:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you are good:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10290501 - 05/05/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I've started to harvest the mushrooms that look sufficient nd have opened up and the veils have dropped. I'm not sure how to store them for later though when I buy the supplies to dry them? Right now I have them in a plastic quart container.. Help?

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10290527 - 05/05/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

just lay them on some paper towels or news paper and blow a fan on em.  they will dry nicely.  it takes a day or so to get craker dry.  that and dehydrators are best in my exp.

dont put them in a container wet they will rot!

--------------------

OfflineNj.Diesel
Spore

#10314614 - 05/09/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guysss, I'm backk =( I really wish I wasn't though. So I came home today after a pretty good night of sitting my two friends who wanted to be the test subjects of my PR's. Both took exactly 1.5g's and were set for about 6 hours. Perfect trips, so they said. Anyway. I slept at his house, and came home today to my lovely terrarium! Or so I thought.. I opened the top, to see my terrarium fully fruited, could barely see the bottom on the left side of it where the Z-strain resided. Anyway. I started to harvest some of my PR cakes, when.. AHHH! GREEN MOLD WTF?!! I harvested the cake to the best of my ability, throwing out any mushroom that had even a slight green tinge on it. But kept all the healthy ones. I had to toss 2 cakes due to this green mold, it was the saddest moment of my day ='( Anyway, I did check all the mushrooms I got from both cakes, and the seemed to be fine, no contams on the mushrooms.. Now my question is, are they okay to eat? Will they be fine, no crazy side effects? Thanks so much guys for your help!

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #10316020 - 05/10/09 06:33 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you should be fine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom