Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where wild mushroms grow,...
Re-hydrating Dried cakes
    #1021830 - 11/04/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hey all....

my magic hat pc'ed some substarte (brown rice flour and verm. as per PF tek) and i used those poly jars. he innoculated with spore scrapings on the top of the jars and covered with coffee filters, rubber banded. the spores germinated over the course of the next two days. then he noticed that the mycelium was growing through the filters. he didn't think much of it till all growing ceased. it turned out that the top half of the cake had dried out due to the fact that he didn't cover the filters with anything to keep the moisture in. shit.....

well being the creative hat he is he decided flip the cake in the container and put a little bit of water in there....low and behold. a day later the growing started up again. it could be mold but it gave the hat an idea.

he took the other jars and dripped some distled water through the filters and hoped that this would re-hydrate the cakes and prompt more growth. this time he covered each jar with saran wrap and rubberband it.

time will tell the end of this tale.

comments? questions? pearls of wisdom or wit?

--------------------
The above is just an illusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

Re: Re-hydrating Dried cakes [Re: Magician26]
    #1021841 - 11/04/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Unless you really are a magician, or you have your magic, lucky wand shoved far up your ass (j/k) I'd say this tek will lead to contamination somewhere down the road, hopefully your current batch is not messed up.

OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Re-hydrating Dried cakes [Re: cheifdog24]
    #1021859 - 11/04/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i'm sure it might...but hey without experimentation there can be no progress....hey i like that....i'm puting that in my sig....hey and no talk about my ass please. it's a one way street. exit only!!!! hahaha lol i figured since the cakes were half dried out anyways (i mean hard, rock solid, dried, it would hurt somebody if it landed on thier head, dried) either dispose of them or be creative we opted for the latter.

--------------------

Edited by Magician26 (11/04/02 05:36 PM)

Offlinecheifdog24
enthusiast

#1021874 - 11/04/02 05:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hehehehe, I thought you meant that you liked the comment about the magic wand up your ass and you were gonna put that in your sig, that would be funnier, but you are right, and experiements are a good thing, you just have to have a really good understanding of the fundamentals, then you can start to experiment. Cool? Cool.

OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Re-hydrating Dried cakes [Re: cheifdog24]
    #1021897 - 11/04/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i was gonna dump the cakes outside and hope for some magical happening to spawn some shroomies outside that would be cool...but i realized the jars were mess ups so chalk up a point to the side of error.

hey i think this post brings me up to like 97 posts. three more and i'm at 100....wow i can add too.....this is a great day. if i'm really lucky today my "experiment " will have a full flush of mushrooms when i check on them.....pssssha yeah right.

--------------------

OfflineMagician26
Wizard
Male User Gallery

#1029000 - 11/06/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the groowth has started back again......no signs of contamination yet but it's still too early to tell...things are looking good tho..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags